In quarantine on Equinox. Ask me anything. I’m bored.

Parkerson

1 minute ago, Parkerson said:

You’re actually the first to ask, congrats! 

We have both had two doses of Moderna in March and April. I got a Moderna booster in early November and my wife had a Pfizer booster. 

Maybe the Pfizer booster with Moderna is the magic mix??

Ha!  Thanks.  Your timing and vaccines match mine.  And I don't think there is a magic mix at this point sadly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kirsten T said:

We're about to embark on Reflection - thanks for all the info. It's very helpful to know the answers to "what if." Your sense of humor appears intact - that probably helps a great deal! 

I hope you feel better soon, and that your wife stays healthy. Safe travels home.

Kirsten

You’re welcome!  You know the saying….”ya gotta laugh to keep from crying!”  Mainly hoping that the wife stays negative. She says she misses me, but I’m sure she needed a break, lol. 

Hope things go well on Reflection and there aren’t similar issues. Enjoy!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

Perhaps it is assumed that the "sign of life" you give every time the food tray disappears from the hall outside your door is an adequate check 😳

Ha!  That plus my drink orders must check off their wellness boxes. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 14

Sending my very best wishes to you and your wife.  Thank you for so generously sharing your experiences with us.  It certainly does give me more information as I contemplate our February cruises on the Edge.   May you have a very uneventful recovery and a safe trip home.  (If you don't mind sharing--what is in a Monkey Shoulders?)

1 minute ago, Parkerson said:

Ha!  That plus my drink orders must check off their wellness boxes. 

I think your positive attitude influenced your nice breakfast delivery this morning.  And now you have my interest in the Monkey Shoulder double neat.  Continue to feel better!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Parkerson said:

You’re actually the first to ask, congrats! 

We have both had two doses of Moderna in March and April. I got a Moderna booster in early November and my wife had a Pfizer booster. 

Maybe the Pfizer booster with Moderna is the magic mix??

Actually the vaccine doses and boosters did their job in keeping you from getting seriously ill.  That is what they were designed and tested to do.  It is clear that the vaccines cannot truly keep you from becoming infected and testing positive, particularly with Omicron around everywhere.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, quicklabs said:

Sending my very best wishes to you and your wife.  Thank you for so generously sharing your experiences with us.  It certainly does give me more information as I contemplate our February cruises on the Edge.   May you have a very uneventful recovery and a safe trip home.  (If you don't mind sharing--what is in a Monkey Shoulders?)

Thanks for the well wishes. Glad to help. 

Monkey Shoulder is a very easy drink to make.

You take a glass and carefully pour Monkey Shoulder scotch from the bottle into said glass.  😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 16

32 minutes ago, Parkerson said:

Usually full PPE, but I’ve caught a glimpse of 1 or 2 with only N95 masks. Those are the ones that usually knock and run. I ordered a nightcap last night and the person was dressed like any other bartender but wearing a mask.  I’m not suggesting he is a bartender and returned to normal pop after delivering, just saying he wasn’t geared-up. 

No cleaning or servicing, but I’ve only been here since yesterday. I don’t expect, or need, any of that before tomorrows return to port. 

They’ve not denied me anything so far. My nightcap was a double Monkey Shoulder, neat.  Room service didn’t know what that was, so I told her to tell Lito or Hero in the Craft Bar that it was for me and they’d know. 15 mins later it arrived. 

When you get the disembark directions, please let us know what the process will be, and if you don't mind, what your experience is leaving the terminal.  Appreciate it and may you have a full recovery.

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Actually the vaccine doses and boosters did their job in keeping you from getting seriously ill.  That is what they were designed and tested to do.  It is clear that the vaccines cannot truly keep you from becoming infected and testing positive, particularly with Omicron around everywhere.  

Couldn't agree more.  I don’t want anyone to contract this, but if this is as bad as it gets then I’m pleased with the vaccine.  Now just praying that this is as bad as it gets for me. 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

There are of course cruisers with false negative results too entering the ships. But at least everyone onboard is vaccinated and shouldn't have to fear for their lives, unless they are immune compromised. A huge advantage compared to before the vaccines were readily available to everyone! 

Thanks Parkerson and Barb1403 for sharing and giving us all something more to consider before making our own decisions about when to cruise again. Driving home with opened windows thankfully is an option for FL residents and might save your spouses from getting covid on your way home, I am hopeful for you and for all of us!

Parkerson...thanks for your report....at a minimum this should give someone an idea what happens if you test positive....at least it happened later in the cruise....We were on Equinox the cruise before yours and  only one case was reported...we feel so very lucky as this is spreading like a wild fire...hopefully this is the bottom for you and I hope 2022 brings many smiles to you and wife....best

• Like 3

Hi there... I just found your post... I tested pos last night and we are still in cabin waiting for medical... and for hubby to get tested. I am going to read this whole chat and get right back to you so I don't ask anything that you have already answered. Really needing more info regarding tomorrow... brb

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Parkerson said:

After this, I will not go on a long cruise until Covid is “over” because of the possibility of being quarantined. 

WOW -- THIS is " SOME " learning experience -- Thanks and I join everyone else in wishing you a speedy recovery and safe trip home.

Quoting from post # 33 --- "Our kids are giving us grief for even thinking of sailing ".

LOL-- sounds like we have the same kids .

This thread reinforced our decision we made 2 years ago when we cancelled our cruise---

No cruising until Covid is over because in the scheme of things, ----

How " important " is it to cruise at this time ?

Do you want to wear a mask, social distance , watch whether other passengers and staff are observing the rules , and what if we were quarantined in our cabin for days ??

And besides---- There isn't enough room on a room service cart for etc, etc, etc.

( Geezz,  we miss Murano et all , but happy to stay home and freeze our a-- off ).

13 minutes ago, dollyd said:

Hi there... I just found your post... I tested pos last night and we are still in cabin waiting for medical... and for hubby to get tested. I am going to read this whole chat and get right back to you so I don't ask anything that you have already answered. Really needing more info regarding tomorrow... brb

Based on our experience, you might be waiting a while. 

I just called guest relations to get info regarding tomorrow, but he said he’d have someone else call me back. 

37 minutes ago, Parkerson said:

Thanks for the well wishes. Glad to help. 

Monkey Shoulder is a very easy drink to make.

Thank you for the postings on what its like to be quarantined.

Also thank you for being so classy about it,  a lot of cruisers would have gone full-tilt.

p.s.   For your next drink order, tell them you absolutely have to have a paper cup of Johnny Walker Blue and nothing else will do and you will tell the world if they don't bring it to you!

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, Parkerson said:

Couldn't agree more.  I don’t want anyone to contract this, but if this is as bad as it gets then I’m pleased with the vaccine.  Now just praying that this is as bad as it gets for me. 

We're you boosted? 

Either way, how long ago were you jabbed? 

33 minutes ago, dollyd said:

Oh goodness Dollyd - how are you feeling?

Some questions for you - were you tested b/c you did not feel well or were you identified as having been in contact with a Covid positive passenger?

Parkerson, Barb,DollyD, and anyone else out there in this situation - sending healthy & healing thoughts your way!

• Like 1

I began feeling a little off on dec 30. At first I thought the cough was due to the AC because I really thought the booster would have me covered. But then the headache set in and wasn't reacting to the tylenol. Cough worsened through the night on Dec 31 and decided I needed to get tested. My husband is still waiting to get tested and so are my sister and her hubby( now isolated in their cabin) I really appreciate any and all communication on here because the ship is not giving us any info.

• Like 1

Do you know if the area to the corridor where the quarantine cabins are located is being manned by crew to keep others from entering that hallway?

Any word on the overall vibe of the ship as positive cases are being announced? Is it getting more somber or business as usual (perhaps more of a question for your wife since she can be out & about).

We were on Constellation in November. There was an announcement the last night of the cruise, during the dinner hour, about a positive case. It was a slap of reality that changed the energy in the room.