In quarantine on Equinox. Ask me anything. I’m bored.

Parkerson

Parkerson ~ thank you for sharing your experience.  So sorry this is the way you've had to spend the last days of your cruise.  But I know everyone here is grateful for insight and experiences.

Best to you and your wife as you head home.  

THANKS again!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Parkerson said:

I’ve got the drink package and they’ve brought anything I’ve asked for so far. As thinking of pushing it and asking for an Old Fashioned from the World Class Bar, but it won’t taste very good in a paper cup. 

Can you just pour it into a glass glass in the cabin? 🙂

(OK, I saw you found glasses!)

Thanks for posting this. I was looking to see someone's experience as we are about a week away from our cruise.

Edited by Boytjie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Try to keep the car windows open as much as possible; whatever you can stand is better than nothing.   And if the passenger would sit in the back, that would help.  Good luck to you. 

thank you for those tips. We will follow along. 

• Like 1

Is the quarantine room you are in specially equipped, e.g., with extra ventilation, or anything else that makes it a quarantine room other than being adjacent to other rooms where people are quarantined?

If not, did they tell you why you had to move from your old room to this one, e.g., why could you not just isolate in your old room?

Thank you for sharing your experience. This is certainly a memorable way to ring in the new year.

Hope...

-you feel better soon

-your wife remains negative

-your car ride home is uneventful

You mention that they are bringing room service, drinks, and your luggage etc. Are they medically checking in with you and the others around you on a regular basis? I am wondering what type of medical data they are collecting and reporting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barb1403 said:

I am also in isolation on the Equinox.  My husband was also tested and he was negative.  I had a slight cough and nothing else.  I have been here since late on 1/30.  There must be a lot of people using room service as it takes forever to get through.  I also have a balcony room.  We did wear masks unless we were eating or drinking.  I am hoping I get more information regarding disembarkation tomorrow.  Luckily we also drove but we were supposed to transfer to the Apex for another 12 days of cruising, but I canceled those cruises yesterday.

Feel better Barb1403.

Sorry this is how your trip will end.

5 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

If not, did they tell you why you had to move from your old room to this one, e.g., why could you not just isolate in your old room?

Keeping quarantined people in a separate group of cabins makes it much easier to deliver food safely and efficiently, ensure no one is leaving those cabins, keep other guests and staff away, etc. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for sharing- hope you are feeling better now.  We decided to cancel our b/2/b Oasis of the seas cruises.  First would have been today.  Some ports closed and have restricted access at others.  We will "try again" in March on the Reflection.  Depressing unpacking yesterday instead of flying to Miami.  

Edited by Cruise a holic

Thanks so much for reporting on your experience. Hopefully you will make a quick recovery and get home safe. We are on the Millennium on 1/6 and as of now still plan on going. It’s a 4 day cruise so hopefully we can get through it and if we need to quarantine it won’t be for very long. We are driving. Quick question: since you contracted Covid on the cruise and it impacted your vacation will Celebrity refund you or give you future credit for all or part? We are splurging on a the Retreat  and it would certainly be a different experience if we are quarantined in a different room. I get that we are assuming the risk of cruising and really it’s no one’s fault since everyone was vaxxed and tested before boarding, just wondering if any of the expense could be salvaged. Thanks 

Good morning, all!  

I was woken up with a phone call at 7:30a saying that my breakfast is at my door. I did not pre-order anything for breakfast, so they did this on their own. 

I was planning on ordering eggs Benedict and fruit, but this will do. 

368D83D6-F7D7-41D3-9F2B-90E740362A8E.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Parkerson said:

Good morning, all!  

I was woken up with a phone call at 7:30a saying that my breakfast is at my door. I did not pre-order anything for breakfast, so they did this on their own. 

I was planning on ordering eggs Benedict and fruit, but this will do. 

368D83D6-F7D7-41D3-9F2B-90E740362A8E.jpeg

Good Morning.  Are you feeling better today?

8 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Do you know what they are doing for people who are positive and need to fly home? They say they will give you free private transportation home, but is that true even if your next stop is the.embarkation port? 

Good morning. 

I don’t know since we’re driving. The couple next door are sweating it and trying to get answers. They are from Canada, so there are several potential road blocks for them. If I find out anything, I’ll post an update. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

Is the quarantine room you are in specially equipped, e.g., with extra ventilation, or anything else that makes it a quarantine room other than being adjacent to other rooms where people are quarantined?

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Keeping quarantined people in a separate group of cabins makes it much easier to deliver food safely and efficiently, ensure no one is leaving those cabins, keep other guests and staff away, etc. 

And, of course, to add to what I wrote, if a guest who tests positive is not moved out of his/her stateroom, what about a spouse or other traveling companion who tests negative (as in the OP’s case)? 

8 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

Oh, no.  This room is 100% identical to our 8th floor room. No mods. 

I think Turtles answered it above. They can keep us isolated much easier this way. Everyone that comes to the room is wearing hazmat gear (even though they pretty much knock and run). Our regular room steward isn’t prepared to deal with this, nor should he have to. 

Here are my trash bags.  Kinda harsh, lol. 

48B39C00-2BF4-485E-B936-2B94C00A60A6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, RollWave said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. This is certainly a memorable way to ring in the new year.

Hope...

-you feel better soon

-your wife remains negative

-your car ride home is uneventful

You mention that they are bringing room service, drinks, and your luggage etc. Are they medically checking in with you and the others around you on a regular basis? I am wondering what type of medical data they are collecting and reporting.

Thank you. 

No one from medical has checked on my since I was evaluated yesterday. I’d like to think they’ll follow-up today, but we’ll see. I highly doubt they will pay me a visit. The most I’d expect is a phone call. 

2 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thanks so much for reporting on your experience. Hopefully you will make a quick recovery and get home safe. We are on the Millennium on 1/6 and as of now still plan on going. It’s a 4 day cruise so hopefully we can get through it and if we need to quarantine it won’t be for very long. We are driving. Quick question: since you contracted Covid on the cruise and it impacted your vacation will Celebrity refund you or give you future credit for all or part? We are splurging on a the Retreat  and it would certainly be a different experience if we are quarantined in a different room. I get that we are assuming the risk of cruising and really it’s no one’s fault since everyone was vaxxed and tested before boarding, just wondering if any of the expense could be salvaged. Thanks 

I will certainly be looking into possible compensation. 

Question for the knowledgeable………

should I wait and contact Celebrity Customer Service after the cruise, or try to discuss that with someone on this ship?

Any other suggestions?

• Thanks 1