Refunds - how long have you waited?

Tom-n-Cheryl

They canceled my 1/14 sailing on the Pearl on 1/5 when they sent the letter.  I had the money back to my Amex 1/14.  I was amazed.  Now to get the FCC that I used put back.  they said it was expired so I lost it but I filed a formal complaint and I'm waiting to hear back

20 minutes ago, dad son team said:

They canceled my 1/14 sailing on the Pearl on 1/5 when they sent the letter.  I had the money back to my Amex 1/14.  I was amazed.  Now to get the FCC that I used put back.  they said it was expired so I lost it but I filed a formal complaint and I'm waiting to hear back

Same with my 1/30 sailing on the Star.  Money back in my NCL CC on 1/14.  CN certificate back 1/10, no fcc.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:33 AM, RocketMan275 said:

My TA cancelled my March cruise on 20 Dec.  Still waiting on refund - 11 Jan.

Any luck yet?

I cancelled my March ABC Island cruise on the Epic DECEMBER 20, as well. Received email confirmation that evening, but no refund yet ( Jan 19, 2022).  CS  confirm the cancelation, and they have forwarded it to their "supervisor" but said it should have been processed. 

I sent an email with the blanket response

'Your form was submitted successfully. Please allow up to 30 days for a response"

Edited by son3cruisers

11 hours ago, son3cruisers said:

Any luck yet?

I cancelled my March ABC Island cruise on the Epic DECEMBER 20, as well. Received email confirmation that evening, but no refund yet ( Jan 19, 2022).  CS  confirm the cancelation, and they have forwarded it to their "supervisor" but said it should have been processed. 

I sent an email with the blanket response

'Your form was submitted successfully. Please allow up to 30 days for a response"

Thanks for asking.  No luck as of this AM (Thursday, Jan 20).

I directed my TA to cancel on 20 Dec.  NCL removed the reservation from my Account almost immediately.  I contacted TA on 11 Jan.  She followed up with NCL and was told 'by the end of the week'.  I emailed TA again this morning that I had not received the refund.  

BTW, this is a very good TA.  Always dealing with the same person.  

6 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Thanks for asking.  No luck as of this AM (Thursday, Jan 20).

I directed my TA to cancel on 20 Dec.  NCL removed the reservation from my Account almost immediately.  I contacted TA on 11 Jan.  She followed up with NCL and was told 'by the end of the week'.  I emailed TA again this morning that I had not received the refund.  

BTW, this is a very good TA.  Always dealing with the same person.  

Ok, I have an update I thought I’d share with you in case this situation also happened to your reservation.

Third time calling CS today, and I finally got a fabulous agent. She “ dug deep” to see what the issue was ( her words) After waiting over 30 minutes, she said when my refund was made on the phone, back in Dec it automatically went into the system as a penalty because it was processed as past my cancellation period ( it wasn’t- NCL changed the final payment date of this cruise to Jan 17th . My refund was Dec 20) . Initially the final payment WAS Nov 18, but NCL changed all cruises final payment date because of Covid uncertainty. I guess the “ automatic system” put my refund into a penalty, so no refund was issue. The agent said whoever she was talking to kept telling her I was past final payment, and she said, I could clearly see you weren’t. So, thankfully I didn’t get another blanket answer of “ just wait”.

She said the refund should appear on my card now in 7-10 days. 

17 hours ago, son3cruisers said:

Ok, I have an update I thought I’d share with you in case this situation also happened to your reservation.

Third time calling CS today, and I finally got a fabulous agent. She “ dug deep” to see what the issue was ( her words) After waiting over 30 minutes, she said when my refund was made on the phone, back in Dec it automatically went into the system as a penalty because it was processed as past my cancellation period ( it wasn’t- NCL changed the final payment date of this cruise to Jan 17th . My refund was Dec 20) . Initially the final payment WAS Nov 18, but NCL changed all cruises final payment date because of Covid uncertainty. I guess the “ automatic system” put my refund into a penalty, so no refund was issue. The agent said whoever she was talking to kept telling her I was past final payment, and she said, I could clearly see you weren’t. So, thankfully I didn’t get another blanket answer of “ just wait”.

She said the refund should appear on my card now in 7-10 days. 

Thank you but I don't think that was the issue.

I contacted TA on 20 Dec.  On 21 Dec, the cruise was removed from my account at NCL.  The cruise was scheduled for 6 March.  I was well outside the 60 day penalty.  Still no refund.

54 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Thank you but I don't think that was the issue.

I contacted TA on 20 Dec.  On 21 Dec, the cruise was removed from my account at NCL.  The cruise was scheduled for 6 March.  I was well outside the 60 day penalty.  Still no refund.

Yes, same with me. Outside of my penalty period, confirmation email received and removed from the website. What they did with the processing was the issue. Good luck! I hope it arrives soon! 

On 1/18/2022 at 12:18 PM, Cruise Gopher said:

I can confirm if the reason for your cancellation was due to testing positive for Covid within 14 days of cruise then they DO refund all port fees, taxes, dining service charge, beverage package service charge. The cancellation invoice will show the total amount the customer won’t get a refund to their credit card.

Still no FCC in my account. Support and guest relations said they are pending the insurance claim which AON support just gives standard responses.

Booked on 3/20/22 Jewel to Panama.  Cruise cancelled on 1/19/22 by NCL 10 minutes after I made final payment.  I learned of cancellation on CC.  I still have not been notified by NCL.  My cruise page shows "55 days to go".  I called Saturday and rep confirmed cruise was cancelled and said it would take up to 30 days to get refund once processing started.

I am not happy.  If not for CC I might still be planning for the 3/20 cruise.  No notification from NCL at all.  Is it my responsibility to hunt for cancellation data?

• Like 1

We canceled under Peace of Mind on 12/30/2021 for our 1/2/2022 cruise because of the Omicron issue as I am high risk and we just didn't feel safe.

3 1/2 weeks and still no credits showing.  Originally our cruise was supposed to take place in 2020 but has been canceled numerous times due to Covid and ship changes, etc.  

Extremely frustrated because there is the 25% FCC they applied that must be used by 1/31/2022.  If it takes any longer that will drop off and it seems unfair for us to lose that FCC because they cannot post the credits in a timely manner.  The other frustration is that when I canceled I was told that since NCL canceled us twice under Peace of Mind that we could request a refund of the amount we originally paid.  Today I'm being told by a supervisor in the Resolutions Department that we cannot request a refund.  Getting the runaround!!!!!

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

NCL cancelled my Jan 16 Breakaway cruise on Jan 13.
CruiseNext returned (with extended expiration) Jan 20.  Monies returned to credit card Jan 22. 
Very happy. 🙂

This is encouraging.  If my cruise cancellation is like yours I should have my money returned to credit card by 1/28 (Friday).  Did they notify you of the cancellation?

Not going to hold my breath.

Edited by Rob-Bob

Had to cancel our 12/12/21 cruise 4 days prior due to the sudden critically illness(and eventual) death of my father, who was not cruising with us.

Put in claim for travel insurance. Just got a call from them saying claim was approved but it will still take another 7-10 days to process.

My first experience with actually using travel insurance...anyone else have feedback? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, krittykat said:

Had to cancel our 12/12/21 cruise 4 days prior due to the sudden critically illness(and eventual) death of my father, who was not cruising with us.

Put in claim for travel insurance. Just got a call from them saying claim was approved but it will still take another 7-10 days to process.

My first experience with actually using travel insurance...anyone else have feedback? 

I've never had to use travel insurance - only get it about 25% of the time (gambling I suppose).

I'm sorry to hear about your father. I lost my mother while we were away on vacation. Cheryl lost each of her parents while we were on cruises.

Tom

10 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

Booked on 3/20/22 Jewel to Panama.  Cruise cancelled on 1/19/22 by NCL 10 minutes after I made final payment.  I learned of cancellation on CC.  I still have not been notified by NCL.  My cruise page shows "55 days to go".  I called Saturday and rep confirmed cruise was cancelled and said it would take up to 30 days to get refund once processing started.

I am not happy.  If not for CC I might still be planning for the 3/20 cruise.  No notification from NCL at all.  Is it my responsibility to hunt for cancellation data?

We're booked on the same cruise, and also b2b next cruise 3/29.

Our TA emailed us about it, but NCL did not have any notification to us yet.  I've been checking and that cruise is still in our NCL account even till this afternoon.  Only this evening it disappeared, and a CruiseFirst cert already returned.  Wonder how long it'll take for the rest of the refund to get to our CC's.

In another cruise we canceled by POM for 1/9 Breakaway cruise, we had our TA remove the pre-paid gratuities first.  A day later, to cancel.  But only 1/2 of the gratuities was returned to CC, and the other 1/2 (wasn't exactly half) returned to a CruiseFirst cert for $137.  That's such a strange number for CF cert.  Our TA has been asking NCL to return that amount, because it's an obvious error in NCL's part.  It's been 3 weeks and no refund yet.  That $137 CF cert as is, can only be applied as a deposit, but we have other CF $300 and $500 certs, so won't get to use that $137 any time soon.

53 minutes ago, Middleager said:

We're booked on the same cruise, and also b2b next cruise 3/29.

Our TA emailed us about it, but NCL did not have any notification to us yet.  I've been checking and that cruise is still in our NCL account even till this afternoon.  Only this evening it disappeared, and a CruiseFirst cert already returned.  Wonder how long it'll take for the rest of the refund to get to our CC's.

In another cruise we canceled by POM for 1/9 Breakaway cruise, we had our TA remove the pre-paid gratuities first.  A day later, to cancel.  But only 1/2 of the gratuities was returned to CC, and the other 1/2 (wasn't exactly half) returned to a CruiseFirst cert for $137.  That's such a strange number for CF cert.  Our TA has been asking NCL to return that amount, because it's an obvious error in NCL's part.  It's been 3 weeks and no refund yet.  That $137 CF cert as is, can only be applied as a deposit, but we have other CF $300 and $500 certs, so won't get to use that $137 any time soon.

I had a $25 refund come back as CruiseNext a few months ago.  It was an accounting error, my PCC got it fixed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

This is encouraging.  If my cruise cancellation is like yours I should have my money returned to credit card by 1/28 (Friday).  Did they notify you of the cancellation?

Not going to hold my breath.

I never received a notice from NCL. NCL notified my TA, who notified me right away.

Edited by dobiemom

16 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I've never had to use travel insurance - only get it about 25% of the time (gambling I suppose).

I'm sorry to hear about your father. I lost my mother while we were away on vacation. Cheryl lost each of her parents while we were on cruises.

Tom

Luckily, we weren't on the cruise when it happened - I don't know what I would have done then. I think it was the cruise that was not meant to be (postponed/cancelled by NCL 3 times due to COVID issues) 

We will try again (with the previous funds) and hopefully go on one to Spain in October.