Anyone currently on Constellation?

weregoingcruising

We cancelled (along with 3 other couples) because we were afraid there would be a mask mandate.  Unfortunately, this is our second cancellation of this cruise to the ABC islands.  We also heard that Aruba was not allowing passengers.  Originally Grand Cayman and Key West  were stops and they were taken off and substituted with Costa Maya and a sea day.  We all live in Florida and will enjoy the beautiful weather here at home - although not beach weather.  I do hope those who are on the cruise enjoy themselves and are making the best of the situation.    

On Constellation currently. Mask wearing is supposed to be mandatory.  I noticed today that it's not being strictly enforced everywhere, and people tend to not wear them when they've got a drink in front of them. We we given a paper notice upon boarding. The crew are pretty much all wearing kn95 masks. I'm not sure the passenger count, but the things we've gone to so far haven't been crowded.   

29 minutes ago, keifernny said:

On Constellation currently. Mask wearing is supposed to be mandatory.  I noticed today that it's not being strictly enforced everywhere, and people tend to not wear them when they've got a drink in front of them. We we given a paper notice upon boarding. The crew are pretty much all wearing kn95 masks. I'm not sure the passenger count, but the things we've gone to so far haven't been crowded.   

If you're curious, Customer Service will be glad to tell you how many passengers are onboard.

We’re currently onboard. I spoke with an officer yesterday and the current passenger count is 743. They had originally expected around 1100 before the new CDC guidance and new mask mandate were announced. 

Sections of at least decks 2 and 7 forward are blocked off for quarantine.  

We’ve heard that the entire crew is tested weekly and the next round will be done 6 Jan, so will be interesting to see what happens…

So far no impacts to activities that we’ve noticed. Had the first production show last night. 

16 hours ago, keifernny said:

Are most of the mask-wearing passengers wearing cloth masks?

17 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Are most of the mask-wearing passengers wearing cloth masks?

I see quite a lot of surgical and KN95 masks on passengers, but maybe a guess of 50% of passengers with cloth ones?

The crew pretty much all wears KN95s or double up surgical + cloth. 

• Like 1

Yes we had masks and hand sanitizer in our room. The crew is very helpful and we are having a great time. I work in elective surgery which is shutting down at my hospital and my coworkers are being floated to the covid floors. I would stay on for the next cruise if I could. 
I feel much safer here. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

Yes we had masks and hand sanitizer in our room. The crew is very helpful and we are having a great time. I work in elective surgery which is shutting down at my hospital and my coworkers are being floated to the covid floors. I would stay on for the next cruise if I could. 
I feel much safer here. 

Agreed. Although at 743 passengers, That is what, 30% capacity? I’m not sure if I’d feel quite as comfortable if we were at full capacity and I had to share the Sauna with strangers 🙂 

Edited by keifernny

7 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

I feel much safer here. 

A hospital may be the only place that is at higher risk of Covid infection than a cruise ship.

On 1/4/2022 at 3:40 PM, duke052 said:

When was your cruise scheduled and did you get a 100% refund?

We were scheduled for the Jan. 3, 2022 sailing.  Last year it was the Feb. 2021 sailing. We are getting a credit.  Because of the timing all of us are looking at a New England- Canada cruise in Sept. 2022.  Who knows what new variant will be around then :(.