**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

3 hours ago, Skippy said:

Do we need to bring the vaccine cards with us? 

Dh and I recently had Covid but we used the over the counter tests. I’m assuming there’s no way to get a testing exemption for this?

We used Verifly but brought our cards with us just in case.  Better safe than sorry.

You have to have a doctor sign off on documentation for recovery from Covid.  We didn't see a doctor 

but used the at home test so we had to do the normal pre cruise testing.

If you take the antigen test for your cruise, you shouldn't have a problem with a lingering positive, but PCR tests do have that issue sometimes.

• Like 1

Have used these in the past, but our latest experience was bit rocky.  The agent had poor english and was extremely hard to understand...we finally made it through the process, with lots of "say that again". Can  you request a different agent once you are logged in?

Maybe you could try speaking Hindi if they are from India.

Just kidding sort of.

All I know is their english is a hell of a lot better than my (any language but english), so, I give kudo's to them for being bilingual and give latitude.

24 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Maybe you could try speaking Hindi if they are from India.

Just kidding sort of.

All I know is their english is a hell of a lot better than my (any language but english), so, I give kudo's to them for being bilingual and give latitude.

Kudos don't help if a communication error ends up with a spoiled test

37 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Kudos don't help if a communication error ends up with a spoiled test

an empty box, a broken seal, an expiration date, an accidental spill of the testing fluid, miscommunications, loss of internet communications, battery going dead on your device, screen time outs,,,,,  are realities in life. These are reasons many people say to bring an extra test or two if doing them remote.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2022 at 6:40 PM, keywest1 said:

We used Verifly but brought our cards with us just in case.  Better safe than sorry.

You have to have a doctor sign off on documentation for recovery from Covid.  We didn't see a doctor 

but used the at home test so we had to do the normal pre cruise testing.

If you take the antigen test for your cruise, you shouldn't have a problem with a lingering positive, but PCR tests do have that issue sometimes.

Port of calls and stores may require showing your vax card

• Like 1

For those questioning the Verifly requirements, I contacted them and received the following response.  I think it may answer some, but probably not all situations.  But they do respond via their website.

"Please take note of the requirements:

The dates from the drop-down menu for the test result are directly related with the vaccination status of the passenger. 

If your initial vaccine was Johnson & Johnson, and you were vaccinated within the last 60 days, users get a 3-day testing window.

If you were vaccinated more than 60 days ago, and you have a booster, users get a 3-day window. Otherwise, you get a 2-day window.

If your initial vaccine was something other than Johnson & Johnson, (Pfizer, Moderna, etc.) and you were vaccinated within the last 150 days, users get a 3-day testing window. 

If you have been vaccinated more than 150 days ago, and you have a booster, users get a 3-day window. 

Otherwise users will get a 2-day testing window.

If a user who meets the 2 day testing window requirement tries to submit a 3 day test, they will receive the message that the test can only be submitted 48-72 hours before the cruise. 

For more information on VeriFLY, please check out our Help Centre. 

If you have any further queries, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist! 

Kind Regards,
Daon Customer Support"

Question about Verifly app. If I download the app and set it up on my iPad, and then if I install the app on other devices, do I have to do all the steps again or does it set up a login that dh and I can share? I got as far as it asking me to take a selfie. I’m assuming I can put the kids info under my account as well? 

6 hours ago, Skippy said:

Question about Verifly app. If I download the app and set it up on my iPad, and then if I install the app on other devices, do I have to do all the steps again or does it set up a login that dh and I can share? I got as far as it asking me to take a selfie. I’m assuming I can put the kids info under my account as well? 

The data in verify will be in there no matter which device you have the app on.

You put in your booking number and everyone on that booking, including the kids will be on there.

Edited by M&A

Little confused on this document of recovery. I had covid after my last cruise last month. Going on another cruise next month (within 90 day window) Has anyone just gotten a test 2days before and just used that or do you have to show the proof of covid and not need the test. Doesn’t make sense to me.

What is everyone's recent experience with the Optum Emed tests? Meaning do they seem to still be having issues with faulty tests, no liquid in the dropper, etc like some of them were having before? It looks like we'll be going this route this time. We used them in December, but had been using CVS recently. Now it appears that it's becoming harder to get a CVS test unless you are symptomatic or have been exposed. At least in my area, they are no longer offering them for free outside of those circumstances.

Basically trying to decide if one 3-pack for my husband and I is safe or if I should buy two 2-packs so we each have an extra.

Edited by Pyxie

15 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

What is everyone's recent experience with the Optum Emed tests? Meaning do they seem to still be having issues with faulty tests, no liquid in the dropper, etc like some of them were having before? It looks like we'll be going this route this time. We used them in December, but had been using CVS recently. Now it appears that it's becoming harder to get a CVS test unless you are symptomatic or have been exposed. At least in my area, they are no longer offering them for free outside of those circumstances.

Basically trying to decide if one 3-pack for my husband and I is safe or if I should buy two 2-packs so we each have an extra.

I know that you're asking about the home tests but I just cruised earlier this month and we (4 of us) all were tested at Walgreens.  I didn't have any issues scheduling the tests.

Just another option, if it is available to you.

3 minutes ago, TechDiva said:

I know that you're asking about the home tests but I just cruised earlier this month and we (4 of us) all were tested at Walgreens.  I didn't have any issues scheduling the tests.

Just another option, if it is available to you.

I'm considering Walgreens too. We haven't used them but I'm sure they are just as easy as CVS.

12 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

I'm considering Walgreens too. We haven't used them but I'm sure they are just as easy as CVS.

I've used them for every cruise we've taken just because it's been easier to get appointments and from what I've seen online, they don't cancel appointments very often (versus CVS doing it way too often).

My partner and I used eMed for our November and May cruises, and for two flights to Europe and back.  All of them seemed fine.  All supplies there and results seemed correct.  The one test I took that came up as positive was double-checked by the cruise line's antigen test and then their PCR.   So, yeah, I trust eMed.

We have used the EMed tests 7 times in the last year (most recently 10 days ago) and never had a problem at all (approximately 20 tests taken in total).  I used to buy spare tests, but in hopes that they will quit requiring them, I'm not buying extra anymore.  If one of our tests are faulty, I guess we will have to beg them to test us at the port.

My cruise leaves Port Canaveral on February 6, 2023. However I am flying in the day before. I am vaccinated and boosted. If I get my COVID test early on February 4 will I be okay? How strict is Carnival on the 48 hour window? Is it by the hour or by the day? For example if my test is 9 am on February 4 will that be within the window?

Of course I understand that COVID testing requirement may be different by then, maybe even gone.

Thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, Sabres fan said:

My cruise leaves Port Canaveral on February 6, 2023. However I am flying in the day before. I am vaccinated and boosted. If I get my COVID test early on February 4 will I be okay? How strict is Carnival on the 48 hour window? Is it by the hour or by the day? For example if my test is 9 am on February 4 will that be within the window?

Of course I understand that COVID testing requirement may be different by then, maybe even gone.

Thanks for the help.

Under the current rules, testing anytime two days before is fine.  Carnival uses days, not hours.

Does anyone know if Walgreens will still be offering free rapid testing in July? When I look at their appointment calendar, you can only schedule to the end of June and it has been this way since last week. When I looked then, you could schedule about a week and a half out which was the end of June. I checked today and you can still only schedule to the end of June. I'm trying to figure out if I should just go ahead and order the home tests because I don't want to wait and then not be able to get them in time. I'm sailing on July 7.

Edited by Pyxie

We have been tested at Walgreens nine times, and every one of them was easy.  They have been switching back and forth from offering three days of available appointments to offering seven days.  I think the fact that you see testing only until the end of June signifies only that their recent change back to three days happens to end at the end of the month.

• Like 1