Check your test paperwork!

nlktx49

Got our COVID tests done this morning at a local urgent care clinic. Got in and out quickly, staff friendly and helpful. Tests were negative! Get out to the car and checking that all info was on paperwork, but didn't see result on mine. My husband said look towards the bottom, shows me where on his. Mine is blank. Back inside I go, show the receptionist. She apologizes, gets the person who tested us, he prints corrected paperwork. Wow! They say "good catch" and I told them if I had shown up at the port I would not have been allowed on the ship for my cruise!!! When I was contacted by the clinic for my review of my visit, I suggested they might have their employees check the paperwork before giving it to the patient.

So check your paperwork before leaving the place you got your test!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I had an e-mail issue where the results were sent via e-mail.

The people in my group who had gmail, hotmail, or yahoo accounts didn't have a problem. I used my ISP provider e-mail (comcast.net), and my e-mail never arrived. Not even to junk folder. Comcast just blocked it.

4 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

I had an e-mail issue where the results were sent via e-mail.

The people in my group who had gmail, hotmail, or yahoo accounts didn't have a problem. I used my ISP provider e-mail (comcast.net), and my e-mail never arrived. Not even to junk folder. Comcast just blocked it.

Great information!

2 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

Got our COVID tests done this morning at a local urgent care clinic. Got in and out quickly, staff friendly and helpful. Tests were negative! Get out to the car and checking that all info was on paperwork, but didn't see result on mine. My husband said look towards the bottom, shows me where on his. Mine is blank. Back inside I go, show the receptionist. She apologizes, gets the person who tested us, he prints corrected paperwork. Wow! They say "good catch" and I told them if I had shown up at the port I would not have been allowed on the ship for my cruise!!! When I was contacted by the clinic for my review of my visit, I suggested they might have their employees check the paperwork before giving it to the patient.

The only wrong with this response above is w/CVS you have NO paperwork when you leave. 😞 The lady who does the test says you will have to check back in about an hour with a password and your assigned I.D. number and check on 'My chart'. In fact, when we did check after an hour they had two reponses alright but BOTH were in my name! So, she (my wife) called the same CVS and the at the CVS said 'Oops !! Sorry about that, clerical error, I'll fix it right now' and she did. So glad we caught it BEFORE we drove from Atl to Port Canaveral ! Might have been a problem trying to get CVS toocorrect this problem on enbarkation day.

Mac

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

Wow!  Good catch!  We also use Urgent Care clinic for testing before we cruise.  We WILL most certainly double check the paperwork!   THANK YOU!!!!

I had an issue where my partner’s test results arrived via email (PDF) and showed just fine when checking on a phone, but mine wouldn’t open. I had to use a desktop to confirm I actually even had results. Always double check! Good thing you caught that!

We had family members who tested at a local pharmacy and failed to check their test results.  The pharmacy had failed to include their date of birth so they were pulled out of line at check in.  They had to contact the pharmacy by phone and have it resolved with the staff at the port!!!

Thankfully they were sailing on a Saturday so the pharmacy was open and they could reach someone!  Had it been a Sunday this particular place would have been closed!!!😳😳

• Like 2

We had similar problems with our paperwork. My husband never noticed that they misspelled his last name on his vaccination card. I caught that before we left and that got cleared up fast. My negative Covid test results printed off on a couple of pages. The page I put in my carry on had  test results, place where I tested, date, but didn’t have my name anywhere on that page! Fortunately, I captured screen shots of all the pages and that sufficed as proof. You have to have an eye of an editor to check for perfect information on all of these forms!

We got a rapid PCR test for a trip at a covid testing place that specialized in travel (only place where I live to get rapid PCR). Whole process took about an hour but we walked out with our results. The lady came and handed our results back and said "you are both negative". We started to head out and stopped to use the restroom. In the rest room I read over my result and it said "positive". Checked my travel partners test and said positive too. We ran back and showed the lady. She said "oops, we were using a new template". Got our negative results in hand before we walked out. But yes, definitely good to double check. 

• Like 1

Yes, please check it.  We sailed on November 6th.  My friend didn't check the date on hers and we got to the port and were boarding when it was discovered that her test was dated 9/23 rather than 11/4.  Luckily she had taken a 2nd test; but she had not logged into the portal to get her results yet.  The Carnival staff would not allow her time to sit down and register/log on to get the 2nd set of results.  She was taken to the port doctor where she would have to pay for another test; but by then she had logged on and was able to show her 2nd set of results. The doctor asked, well why did they bring you here. She said that's what I was wondering.  Needless to say, we all needed a drink when we boarded. 

• Like 1

Wow, reading thru this thread, it's amazing to see the multiple issues.

We were coming back from Cabo a few months ago. We tested at AMC Hospital. After speaking English, Spanish. Spanglish, and hand gestors, we didn't have this much trouble. AND, it only cost $30.