Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

16 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

Here's another one that uses the tests you already have https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/

Do you (or anyone) have experience with this one? Our at home tests are not ihealth ones. So onpoint or rapidtestandtrace.com might be our go to. They both say any FDA approved one.

20 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Do you (or anyone) have experience with this one? Our at home tests are not ihealth ones. So onpoint or rapidtestandtrace.com might be our go to. They both say any FDA approved one.

Some of the youtube travel bloggers/agents have been mentioning onpoint as viable.  I don't have links handy.  

37 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Azova let's you use only 8 different brands, not quite as open as onpoint or rapidtestandtrace. But on my previous roll call some were dropped mid test by onpoint. 

• Like 1

If anyone is cruising out of Australia and wants to do a RAT test before going to the ship, the Chemist Warehouse are apparently doing covid testing - they have locations all over Australia 

https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/

We are cruising from Sydney in Feb 2023 and as it stands now we will need to have a negative test result in order to board.... however, the cruise is 7 months away and the need for a negative covid test may have changed by then

4 minutes ago, Tilly20 said:

There’s just been an update for cruises from Uk so that tests no longer have to be observed and instead home tests and declare result on the health questionnaire.

I'm glad someone else saw that and my eyes are not deceiving me!  That's awesome!  No take backs, Princess.  🤣  

image.png.22c4cafb99e42132a3329cad5fcefc69.pngimage.png.55cb6a44f65a6cacc4b83ad2e2aab782.png

Edited by SomewhereGirl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, tomat said:

Document states UK and EU cruises

I looked and I can't see any mention of not needing a medically observed Covid test for Europe.  Can you post the article that mentions European cruises no longer require a medically observed test.  Maybe I need new glasses🤔  TIA

1 minute ago, coo359a2 said:

I looked and I can't see any mention of not needing a medically observed Covid test for Europe.  Can you post the article that mentions European cruises no longer require a medically observed test.  Maybe I need new glasses🤔  TIA

Princess Q&A updated 8/8/2022 - Unless otherwise communicated, all guests ages five and older must take a viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) within three days prior to embarkation on the ship. This can be done at any time in the three days before on the day of embarkation. Guests no longer need to provide a test certificate, however they will be asked to confirm that the test has been taken, with a negative result, as part of the pre-boarding health declaration at the cruise terminal/airport. Guests under five years of age are exempt from pre-cruise testing. (Please note that these updated guidelines apply to the UK and EU but not to the U.S., Canada or Greece).

• Thanks 2

Hello. Looking for a few experienced answers for a "what if" question. My wife and I are Platinum Princess Cruisers and have enjoyed our time on each journey we've taken. We are traveling from Indiana soon for a combination 7 day Rocky Mountaineer Train/Bus trip through the Canadian Rockies from Calgary to Vancouver. Once at Vancouver, we are to board the Majestic Princess for a 7 day cruise to Alaska. We are both 66 y/o and fully vaccinated with both boosters. However, our big concern is contracting COVID during our trip through the Rockies through train/bus/hotel exposure. Since we'll be denied boarding if we test positive prior to the cruise portion, we're concerned about quarantine protocols in Canada. Has anyone experienced this? We have travel insurance. How helpful is Princess in this situation? We obviously plan to take all precautions to avoid contracting COVID but it would be nice to know what to expect should we test positive in Vancouver and how it will be handled.

6 minutes ago, Puket said:

Hello. Looking for a few experienced answers for a "what if" question. My wife and I are Platinum Princess Cruisers and have enjoyed our time on each journey we've taken. We are traveling from Indiana soon for a combination 7 day Rocky Mountaineer Train/Bus trip through the Canadian Rockies from Calgary to Vancouver. Once at Vancouver, we are to board the Majestic Princess for a 7 day cruise to Alaska. We are both 66 y/o and fully vaccinated with both boosters. However, our big concern is contracting COVID during our trip through the Rockies through train/bus/hotel exposure. Since we'll be denied boarding if we test positive prior to the cruise portion, we're concerned about quarantine protocols in Canada. Has anyone experienced this? We have travel insurance. How helpful is Princess in this situation? We obviously plan to take all precautions to avoid contracting COVID but it would be nice to know what to expect should we test positive in Vancouver and how it will be handled.

Start with this....

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

26 minutes ago, tomat said:

Princess Q&A updated 8/8/2022 - Unless otherwise communicated, all guests ages five and older must take a viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) within three days prior to embarkation on the ship. This can be done at any time in the three days before on the day of embarkation. Guests no longer need to provide a test certificate, however they will be asked to confirm that the test has been taken, with a negative result, as part of the pre-boarding health declaration at the cruise terminal/airport. Guests under five years of age are exempt from pre-cruise testing. (Please note that these updated guidelines apply to the UK and EU but not to the U.S., Canada or Greece).

Thanks for posting this.  I checked both UK and Europe sections on my Princess.com and can't find the sentence  "Please note this applies to EU" anywhere.

I'm sure  our roll call for Oct/Nov on the Regal P. will soon have posts about this.

40 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Thanks for posting this.  I checked both UK and Europe sections on my Princess.com and can't find the sentence  "Please note this applies to EU" anywhere.

I'm sure  our roll call for Oct/Nov on the Regal P. will soon have posts about this.

Try it on your phone going to  princess.com.  I see it.

51 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

A test is still required when I go to one place on my phone with an effective date 24-June it now longer says "witnessed"

20220808_153204.thumb.jpg.1603ffd75b79012d42a209ac34e6d777.jpgThere's an additional requirement for Greece

when I just go to:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-southampton-cruises/

Screenshot_20220808-152626_Chrome.thumb.jpg.08f9b0dc24dd0ca144538460662033b1.jpg

Self attestation!! Canceled my backup appt!! FINALLY!!

There's a separate notation in the EU section about Greece. 

12 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I see this reference to UK & Europe sailings now but it

23 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I see this reference to UK & Europe sailings now but it is listed under the UK sailing  FAQs.  This statement is not listed on Europe FAQs sailings yet.  We are sailing out of Rome so will have to wait and see if this statement shows up in the Europe section eventually.

If someone can see this under the Europe section now, I will be going to buy some new glasses.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

I see this reference to UK & Europe sailings now but it is listed under the UK sailing  FAQs.  This statement is not listed on Europe FAQs sailings yet.  We are sailing out of Rome so will have to wait and see if this statement shows up in the Europe section eventually.

If someone can see this under the Europe section now, I will be going to buy some new glasses.

not there, yet.   I think they're in the middle of updating the site & there are lots of places that need an update.    Hopefully by tomorrow?

Mary

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ombud said:

2 hrs ago I was wrapping my head around how to do an online test. Now thanks to @tomatand several cruise critic posts that's 1 huge thing I don't have to be concerned about 😁   

the change is for those sailing from Europe.

Note the date at the top of the page, we (north america) have NOT changed

Sailing from North America

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Sailing from Europe

22 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

You know they’re not fast to update all sections! LoL

It does say it applies to sailings from the UK and the EU, but NOT from the US, Canada or Greece.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, olegna said:

the change is for those sailing from Europe.

Note the date at the top of the page, we (north america) have NOT changed

Sailing from North America

Sailing from Europe

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

You know they’re not fast to update all sections! LoL

It does say it applies to sailings from the UK and the EU, but NOT from the US, Canada or Greece.

Yes. I'm going from Southampton 

• Like 1