Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

That’s a huge difference!  

Everyone needs to keep checking the website IF you are traveling soon.  
They are not going to advise 1000’s of people by email every time there is a change.  Maybe the ones who are 1-2 weeks out.  

• Like 4

Just received the following notification from Princess for our cruise departing next week from Southampton:

"We are pleased to advise that we have updated our COVID-19 testing requirements for your cruise. Tests are no longer required to be medically
observed, and we have updated our acceptable test types to include Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) that are performed at home."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can we purchase an antigen home test in Canada and bring it with us to the port.

Do the test right at check in and show the results to the agent.

We are leaving Canada 4 days before boarding, so we cant have the test done here in Canada.

42 minutes ago, melk said:

Can we purchase an antigen home test in Canada and bring it with us to the port.

We are leaving Canada 4 days before boarding, so we cant have the test done here in Canada.

As long as you are boarding in the UK you only need to testify that you have had a negative test within 3 days, you don’t need to show the results so you could take your own test any time within 3 days of boarding.

Edited by PplusA
Clarification
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, melk said:

Depends. Are you sailing from UK or Australia? If so, then you don't need to have results verified. HOWEVER,  if you are sailing from anywhere else then AS OF TODAY you will either need to have it certified online or in person by lab or medical personnel. Not port authority 

I have a new question. I'm coming off a Caribbean cruise in Port Everglades with one cruise company and want to book a Princess cruise (B2B but with 2 different cruise companies), leaving from the same port on the same day.  Where can I stay between the time I get off the first ship and can check in with Princess. And if Princess still requires a negative test, can this be done at the pier?

My upcoming cruise requires the following:  "Tests must be conducted in-person by medical personnel and guests will need a physical letter with the negative results"; and "The following formats are acceptable proof of a COVID-19 test: paper COVID-19 test results (original only; no photocopies accepted)."  So my question is, will a print out of the test results that come via email suffice?  I think I might be able to arrange for a PCR test the morning of my transatlantic flight, but the results won't be ready until the end of the second day and I will be overseas by then.  So I won't be around for anyone to hand me an original piece of paper.  I assume that the test result will come via email with a pdf attached.  If I can figure out a way to print out this pdf before I head to the port, (staying at an AirBnB, not a hotel with a business center), will that be accepted?  Not sure how the person receiving the paperwork would ever know the difference between an "original" that I print, and a photocopy since the version that I print out will look just like a piece of paper that comes out of a copy machine.  If anyone has had to produce an original test result, I'd love to hear what your experience was.  Thanks.

38 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

My upcoming cruise requires the following:  "Tests must be conducted in-person by medical personnel and guests will need a physical letter with the negative results"; and "The following formats are acceptable proof of a COVID-19 test: paper COVID-19 test results (original only; no photocopies accepted)."  So my question is, will a print out of the test results that come via email suffice?  I think I might be able to arrange for a PCR test the morning of my transatlantic flight, but the results won't be ready until the end of the second day and I will be overseas by then.  So I won't be around for anyone to hand me an original piece of paper.  I assume that the test result will come via email with a pdf attached.  If I can figure out a way to print out this pdf before I head to the port, (staying at an AirBnB, not a hotel with a business center), will that be accepted?  Not sure how the person receiving the paperwork would ever know the difference between an "original" that I print, and a photocopy since the version that I print out will look just like a piece of paper that comes out of a copy machine.  If anyone has had to produce an original test result, I'd love to hear what your experience was.  Thanks.

What country are you sailing from. The FAQ’s for US and Canada allow for printed or email etc

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

Must be Athens, right?  I am not sure how one would satisfy the written requirement - other than having a test right there.  I tend to agree with your analysis on this, but have not looked into it further as we do not originate in Athens.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, holech said:

I have a new question. I'm coming off a Caribbean cruise in Port Everglades with one cruise company and want to book a Princess cruise (B2B but with 2 different cruise companies), leaving from the same port on the same day.  Where can I stay between the time I get off the first ship and can check in with Princess. And if Princess still requires a negative test, can this be done at the pier?

You don't need to stay anywhere.  Collect your baggage, hop in a taxi and get a ride to the departing terminal for check-in.  Maybe the piers will be close enough you can walk.  You can go to Princess.com and click on the health protocols link at the top of the page and then select North American departures and there is a wealth of information (FAQ's) on vaccinations and testing, etc. 

ETA:  Get a late departure from the inbound ship and you may need to wait outside the Princess terminal for a short while before doors open, but NBD IMO.

Edited by Steelers36

This may be a redundant inquiry or may have been addressed in another place. My understanding was that most of the cruise lines, at least in their safety protocols, required passengers to be vaccinated. That to me means the first and follow-up shots. However, I see statements that seem to indicate a need for booster shots after 180 days. In their latest statements It doesn't seem that Princess is calling for booster shots at all. Since we are planning on using cruise credit for a Princess Caribbean cruise in November, which would be past the 180 days, are we expected to get booster shots? I'm hoping not as I am done with these vaccinations. Put ourselves at risk with the original shots so that we could travel. But, never again while reading all of the side affects caused by them. 🤔

1 hour ago, Floridastorm said:

This may be a redundant inquiry or may have been addressed in another place. My understanding was that most of the cruise lines, at least in their safety protocols, required passengers to be vaccinated. That to me means the first and follow-up shots. However, I see statements that seem to indicate a need for booster shots after 180 days. In their latest statements It doesn't seem that Princess is calling for booster shots at all. Since we are planning on using cruise credit for a Princess Caribbean cruise in November, which would be past the 180 days, are we expected to get booster shots? I'm hoping not as I am done with these vaccinations. Put ourselves at risk with the original shots so that we could travel. But, never again while reading all of the side affects caused by them. 🤔

You should look at Princess.com and click on the health protocols link at the top of the home page.  You will then be on a new page where you select the region you are cruising from/in.  You will see, I believe, that for USA you only need primary series.  The 180 thing is actually 270 (9 mths) and has to do with Europe.  At least, I am guessing that may be to what you are referring.  If more than 270 days will pass between last does of main series and end of voyage, you have to have a booster.  Once you have a booster, it doesn't matter about the 270 days (i.e. a second booster is not required - but obviously a guest could have one).

Carnival Corporation
August 12, 2022 3:00 PM EDT
PRINCESS CRUISES REMOVES VACCINE REQUIREMENT FOR MOST VOYAGES, ELMINATES PRE-CRUISE TESTING FOR VACCINATED GUESTS

Unvaccinated Guests Required to Self-Test Within 3 Days of Sailing

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., Aug. 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises today announced updated COVID-19 protocols and guidelines, removing the vaccine requirement for most voyages of less than 16 days so that anyone can cruise, and adjusting pre-travel testing requirements to make it less complicated.

Starting Sept. 6, vaccinated guests sailing on voyages of less than 16 days will no longer have to test before boarding and only need to upload proof of vaccination while getting OceanReady. Unvaccinated guests, or those who do not provide proof of vaccination, on those itineraries will self-test within three days of sailing and upload proof of a negative test before boarding.   

These new guidelines apply to itineraries from all departure ports except where government regulations and protocols may vary like Canada, Greece and Australia.

Below are the key points for Princess' updated CruiseHealth guidelines for embarkation: 

• No pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests on voyages of up to 15 nights (guests 5 and older) with the exception of full Panama Canal transits, trans-ocean and other special itineraries; unvaccinated guests must provide a negative self-test result taken within three days of embarkation (unvaccinated children under 5 years do not require pre-cruise testing)
  • Guests sailing on voyages 16 nights or longer, or sailing on full Panama Canal transits, trans-ocean and other specific itineraries, need to take a supervised test within three days of embarkation (guests 5 and older). Guests on these types of voyages will be contacted directly by an Ocean Navigator to assist.

Princess' updated guidelines reflect the cruise line's ongoing commitment to providing a safe and healthy environment for all guests and crew.

"These updated guidelines help ensure a Princess vacation is available to everyone," said John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises. "The Princess experience is truly one-of-a-kind and we encourage everyone to take a Princess vacation that offers amazing service at unmatched value."

The updated guidelines are subject to the local regulations of applicable homeports and destinations.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:
Carnival Corporation
August 12, 2022 3:00 PM EDT
PRINCESS CRUISES REMOVES VACCINE REQUIREMENT FOR MOST VOYAGES, ELMINATES PRE-CRUISE TESTING FOR VACCINATED GUESTS

Unvaccinated Guests Required to Self-Test Within 3 Days of Sailing

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., Aug. 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises today announced updated COVID-19 protocols and guidelines, removing the vaccine requirement for most voyages of less than 16 days so that anyone can cruise, and adjusting pre-travel testing requirements to make it less complicated.

Starting Sept. 6, vaccinated guests sailing on voyages of less than 16 days will no longer have to test before boarding and only need to upload proof of vaccination while getting OceanReady. Unvaccinated guests, or those who do not provide proof of vaccination, on those itineraries will self-test within three days of sailing and upload proof of a negative test before boarding.   

These new guidelines apply to itineraries from all departure ports except where government regulations and protocols may vary like Canada, Greece and Australia.

Below are the key points for Princess' updated CruiseHealth guidelines for embarkation: 

• No pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests on voyages of up to 15 nights (guests 5 and older) with the exception of full Panama Canal transits, trans-ocean and other special itineraries; unvaccinated guests must provide a negative self-test result taken within three days of embarkation (unvaccinated children under 5 years do not require pre-cruise testing)
  • Guests sailing on voyages 16 nights or longer, or sailing on full Panama Canal transits, trans-ocean and other specific itineraries, need to take a supervised test within three days of embarkation (guests 5 and older). Guests on these types of voyages will be contacted directly by an Ocean Navigator to assist.

Princess' updated guidelines reflect the cruise line's ongoing commitment to providing a safe and healthy environment for all guests and crew.

"These updated guidelines help ensure a Princess vacation is available to everyone," said John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises. "The Princess experience is truly one-of-a-kind and we encourage everyone to take a Princess vacation that offers amazing service at unmatched value."

The updated guidelines are subject to the local regulations of applicable homeports and destinations.

Wonder what "Trans-Ocean" refer to ( I guess RT to Hawaii could be construed to be trans-ocean ?), and which are the "Specific" itineraries ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, srpilo said:

Wonder what "Trans-Ocean" refer to ( I guess RT to Hawaii could be construed to be trans-ocean ?), and which are the "Specific" itineraries ? 

Yes, I think they need to clarify that term.  I take it as a full ocean crossing, not a round-trip from the same port???

7 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Yes, I think they need to clarify that term.  I take it as a full ocean crossing, not a round-trip from the same port???

Who is going to contact us and assist us?   Hmmmm

Looks like a lot more updates on the website is coming!  

Guests on these types of voyages will be contacted directly by an Ocean Navigator to assist.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Who is going to contact us and assist us?   Hmmmm

Looks like a lot more updates on the website is coming!  

Guests on these types of voyages will be contacted directly by an Ocean Navigator to assist.

Yes - all these changes need to be promulgated throughout the website.

Another question is how will a B2B - or B2B2B - where the individual components are < 16 days be treated?  I am thinking our B2B2B of 25 nights is still going to require a test, whereas many/most boarding with us will not.

On the plus side, we don't have to worry about a test during the 5 day gap between end of Regal and start of Island (a 14-nighter).

• Like 1

And how 'bout those of us on a cruise-tour itinerary that starts on land the 31st of August but the cruise portion isn't until after September 6th... will a test still be required prior to arriving at the Princess Lodge?

• Like 1