Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

1 hour ago, kml246 said:

Would love to if the Princess guidelines allowed. 

Amazing how the rules differ among cruise lines. 

Perhaps in some ways, but Princess is a huge outlier in the Greece situation.  Even from HAL!!  It certainly looks like a mistake of some sort.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Perhaps in some ways, but Princess is a huge outlier in the Greece situation.  Even from HAL!!  It certainly looks like a mistake of some sort.

I'm hoping for a change or update in the next few weeks. It's an unnecessary expense and aggravation that does nothing to protect Greece. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I wrote HA Group Medical over the weekend and received a reply earlier this morning.  It was mostly a non-answer, so I have replied back asking where is the Greece government protocols they say have to follow and also why isn't HA Cruise following the same as Princess if it is a government requirement.

Answers still don't make sense.  This is an excerpt of the salient information:  '"..... we are required to follow the mandates of the local health authorities in the areas that we sail.  In this instance, Greece has fully adopted the requirements of the EU Healthy Gateways Guidelines for Cruise Ship Operations.  This is why the protocols are a little different than for ships sailing in other areas where the requirements are less strict.".

Now, the EU Healthy Gateways don't specify the testing as Princess has outlined it AFAIK.  Also, as many have pointed out, Greece seems to have dropped requirements.  The real kicker in my mind is why isn't HAL doing the same as Princess since they are sisters and covered by same medical dept?  After all, if they are doing it because the government requires it, then it should affect both lines equally (not to mention other lines).  Anyway, you can all see I got a stock answer and so it sits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, pcjmom said:

This is what is confusing to me:

https://travel.gov.gr/#/

Not sure why testing is needed to visit Greece on a cruise when it says this on this website and this article from March 15 forward .....

Later in the same Greek post is direct wording for yachts and cruise ships which are also clear as mud but could mean anything ;-):  Yellow highlighting is mine.

6. Is the departure and arrival of private yachts allowed?

The departure and arrival of yachts is allowed with strict protocols, while the same terms and conditions will apply to both Greeks and foreign citizens.

7. What is the situation with cruise ships?

As of 14.05.2021, cruise restrictions have been completely removed, always imposing very strict protocols that apply to these activities.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

Later in the same Greek post is direct wording for yachts and cruise ships which are also clear as mud but could mean anything ;-):  Yellow highlighting is mine.

6. Is the departure and arrival of private yachts allowed?

The departure and arrival of yachts is allowed with strict protocols, while the same terms and conditions will apply to both Greeks and foreign citizens.

7. What is the situation with cruise ships?

As of 14.05.2021, cruise restrictions have been completely removed, always imposing very strict protocols that apply to these activities.

Yes, clear as mud! 😉 This is ridiculous....

• Haha 1

Got off the Regal Princess  in Heraklion, Crete, Greece today. No one was looking for any documents. Just get off and go. Local regs require masks on any transportation even private hires, but this is strictly not enforced. 

• Thanks 2

I apologize for beating this old horse to death, but I'm still unsure if we need Pre-Travel Tests for our cruise departing Vancouver on 9/3/22.  We know we don't need pre-entry tests prior to our flight from Chicago to Vancouver, just the completed ArriveCAN form.  We also understand that we could be selected for a random test by airport authorities. But will we need to show negative test results (taken 48 or 72 hours previously) in order to board Royal Princess in Vancouver? 

I know Princess lifted testing requirements for sailings less than 16 days in length, but does that override Canada's restriction(s)?

Thank you all for your help.

1 minute ago, socialworker said:

I apologize for beating this old horse to death, but I'm still unsure if we need Pre-Travel Tests for our cruise departing Vancouver on 9/3/22.  We know we don't need pre-entry tests prior to our flight from Chicago to Vancouver, just the completed ArriveCAN form.  We also understand that we could be selected for a random test by airport authorities. But will we need to show negative test results (taken 48 or 72 hours previously) in order to board Royal Princess in Vancouver? 

I know Princess lifted testing requirements for sailings less than 16 days in length, but does that override Canada's restriction(s)?

You need the pre-embarkation test.  Government of Canada rules apply.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, socialworker said:

It is very confusing.   We board the Royal in Whittier on Sept 10th.  Take a look at the Canadian Government Travel website: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise.  

COVID-19: Cruise ship travel requirements

Pre-embarkation COVID-19 testing

Pre-embarkation COVID-19 testing
All travellers 5 years of age or older must have a COVID-19 test to board a cruise ship in Canada or to board a cruise ship that will dock in Canada at any point on the cruise. You must provide proof of one of the following accepted types of test results:

Proof of a professionally administered or observed negative antigen test taken no more than 2 days before you’re scheduled to board your ship
the 2-day window does not depend on the time of day the test was taken or the time that you board
for example, if your ship is scheduled to leave on Friday, you could provide proof of a negative result from an antigen test taken any time on Wednesday, Thursday, or on Friday
it must be administered or observed by a pharmacy, laboratory, healthcare entity or telehealth online service
the test must be authorized for sale or distribution in Canada or in the jurisdiction in which it was obtained
Proof of a valid negative molecular test taken within 72 hours of your scheduled boarding time
for example, if you’re scheduled to board at 11:00 am on Friday, your test must have been taken any time after 10:59 am on Tuesday
it must be administered or observed by a pharmacy, laboratory, healthcare entity or telehealth online service
the test must be authorized for sale or distribution in Canada or in the jurisdiction in which it was obtained

Edited by lucyandricky

3 hours ago, socialworker said:

Government of Canada rules would apply here - you follow the rules of that countries government

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 6:32 PM, Fayecruises said:

sorry I just read  FULL    Of couse anything can change by January

I asked this question in the Live Chat on the Princess website and was told that pre-testing is required for all Panama Canal transits, including partial transits.  

I understand when you test positive while on board you are isolated and quarantined.  There are notices placed on the door of your cabin that desigantes a color zone.  Our friend originally had Orange Zone and it was changed to Red zone.  Does anyone know what these zones stand for?

2 hours ago, jamiesandy said:

I asked this question in the Live Chat on the Princess website and was told that pre-testing is required for all Panama Canal transits, including partial transits.  

It clearly states in at least 2 areas that it is for FULL Panama Canal transits.  Unless your voyage is 16 days or more. 
Testing page & FAQ page.

Quote from the FAQ page

We're Ready to Welcome You on Board

We want to make sailing with Princess Cruises as easy, hassle-free and safe as possible.

Starting Sept. 6, vaccinated guests sailing on voyages of less than 16 days with the exception of Panama Canal transits, trans-ocean and other special itineraries will no longer have to test before boarding and only need to upload proof of vaccination while getting OceanReady®. Unvaccinated guests, or those who do not provide proof of vaccination, on those itineraries will self-test within three days of sailing and upload proof of a negative test on the MedallionClass® app before boarding.

Guests sailing on voyages 16 nights or longer, or sailing on full Panama Canal transits, trans-ocean and other specific itineraries, need to take a supervised test within three days of embarkation (guests 5 and older). Guests on these types of voyages will be contacted directly by an Ocean Navigator to assist.

38 minutes ago, cactusrose said:

I understand when you test positive while on board you are isolated and quarantined.  There are notices placed on the door of your cabin that desigantes a color zone.  Our friend originally had Orange Zone and it was changed to Red zone.  Does anyone know what these zones stand for?

When we told Red or Red zone was infectious zone and orange was suspected or close contact. IDK if that’s the case now.

Hope your friend is okay.

13 minutes ago, Bourbonlovingcouple said:

Has anyone board at South Hampton in last week that can clear up whether you need to provide documentation of COVID test results or just Attest you took one in last 3 days and were negative.  Leaving out of there on Friday aboard Enchanted Princess

thank you

Check this forum thread, it’s very current.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

When we told Red or Red zone was infectious zone and orange was suspected or close contact. IDK if that’s the case now.

Hope your friend is okay.

I think that must be the case still.  They were originally isolated and quarantined with a sign on their cabin door with orange zone because they were a close contact to another couple who tested posotive.  When one of them did test positive the sign was changed to red zone without knowing why.

Thank you for the quick response

Booked Crown Princess to Hawaii from LA, Dec. 7 to 22 , I know the protocols will change again by Dec. but at this time they state for cruises less than 16 days fully vaccinated don't require pre cruise testing, it also states for cruises 15 nts. or less fully vaccinated don't require testing, my cruise is listed as 16 days, but it is only 15 nts. , can't decide which side of the fence we fall on.???????

3 hours ago, nmhouchin said:

Booked Crown Princess to Hawaii from LA, Dec. 7 to 22 , I know the protocols will change again by Dec. but at this time they state for cruises less than 16 days fully vaccinated don't require pre cruise testing, it also states for cruises 15 nts. or less fully vaccinated don't require testing, my cruise is listed as 16 days, but it is only 15 nts. , can't decide which side of the fence we fall on.???????

Your cruise is 16 nights.  When you see Princess offering a cruise as X days, it is really X nights.