On Britannia January 1st to 15th. Now in isolation!

Izzywiz

Brilliant suggestion (I did love taking part in those photo threads…..so many memories and the perfect incentive to organise my pictures!)…. So now we can add ‘I' for isolation, 't' for testing, 'r' for results, 'w for waving at DH from my balcony to his….I’m sure you wonderful people can come up with more!!

4326FEC1-EBCC-46AE-9A0D-4676089F56C9.jpeg

19B4EBE2-197E-4768-B300-C5D72BE73035.jpeg

• Like 7

Not sure if you can see DH's arm. The young lady in the insert is our gorgeous niece….not sure how she got in the pic as she is in Stafford! 

By the way, Presto2, us Stokies are tough nuts…..dreaming of a bacon and cheese oatcake fo breakfast and a Wrights pie for lunch😁😁😁😁!!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, kalos said:

Glad to hear your still enjoying the sights whilst sipping your coffee.:classic_smile:

A pity we were not still running the photo cruise as your pictures like B for balcony 

or Q for quarantine I'm sure would have been amazing :classic_love:

Best wishes to you and your hubby Izzy and hope this cruise has still given you memories

that you can look back upon :classic_smile:

What you say is perfectly true. I am now in my early seventies and was contacted by a previous shipmate about whether they should go ahead with an up and coming cruise that we are also on. I told them that although I was concerned, that life is too short to miss out on this adventure. Sadly we were supposed to be seated for dinner with them, but they have decided to have a table for two due to one of them having asthma and said they'd catch up with us for a drink. I know of a lady down the road from ourselves who has been quite depressed during this pandemic as she is on her own. We have visited quite regularly and my wife has kept her supplied with cake, buns, sponges etc which has cheered her up a bit. But like everyone of senior years we have all lost the best part of two years and are now nearly into the third year and at our age  it's not something that you can retrieve so we look forward to our coming cruise and wish those who have had their enjoyment curtailed all the very best for now and the future.

• Like 5

On 1/9/2022 at 12:49 PM, Izzywiz said:

I am in isolation for 7 days and DH is is isolated for 10 days. We have both been Lateral Flow tested several times with my results being negative and his positive. Our confinement countdown starts from the time when DH first had noticeably symptoms which was on January 3rd (he just assumed that he had caught a cold from our son) so I should be released tomorrow (negative test) and guess I will return to our original cabin and will be allowed to access to the rest of the ship. DH, if he tests negative, should be released on the 13th so we should be clear to fly home on the 15th 🤞🤞🤞

Thank you for that information and other updates, it very good to know you should be released for a small amount of "real" holiday and will be cleared to fly back as arranged.  Thank you also for the pictures, it is good to see you are able to take in some good, changing views and fresh air with sun at times.  I was very sorry to hear of your plight, but hope you still have some good holidays in the future.  I certainly hope you are indeed released today.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Izzywiz said:

Not sure if you can see DH's arm. The young lady in the insert is our gorgeous niece….not sure how she got in the pic as she is in Stafford! 

By the way, Presto2, us Stokies are tough nuts…..dreaming of a bacon and cheese oatcake fo breakfast and a Wrights pie for lunch😁😁😁😁!!

Even though live only 5-6 miles from Stoke in the prosperous south in the canal town of Stone 😁that is one thing I really miss decent oatcakes and Wrights Meat and Potato Pie. Only get chance of decent oatcakes at the once a month Farmers Market where I purchase Foley's oatcakes but unfortunately no Wrights pies. I am feeling rather hungry now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Even though live only 5-6 miles from Stoke in the prosperous south in the canal town of Stone 😁that is one thing I really miss decent oatcakes and Wrights Meat and Potato Pie. Only get chance of decent oatcakes at the once a month Farmers Market where I purchase Foley's oatcakes but unfortunately no Wrights pies. I am feeling rather hungry now.

Here you go Tom, just for you...

Screenshot_20220110-141220_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Majortom, Foley's oatcake shop is one of our nearest outlets and, occasionally, we pop down early on Sunday morning to get our breakfast 'fix'. 
I do enjoy visiting Stone. We have had some lovely walks along the canal in the last few months. Sorry you can’t get a meat and 'tater pie there.

38 minutes ago, Izzywiz said:

Loved your photos on our threads. Did think you looked remarkably well for your age, quite envious. 

21 hours ago, pennib said:

The Queen Vic was “parked “just outside Barbados harbour on 7 January. Didn’t see anyone being moved between Azura and Queen Vic though. We heard that she is being used as a quarantine ship for Carnival. Big question is if you are on the QV or have been put in a quarantine hotel on the island, who pays and how do you get either back on your ship or home???

Have contacted my insurance company (Staysure) and P&O but neither give a straightforward answer. They point to "Terms and conditions" What I make of it is Staysure cover you if you are put into isolation on a ship. But if you are quarantined in an hotel either by the cruise line or by a countries authority you are not covered. If you are hospitalised you are covered. Very confusing and not very assuring (Could have said "Ashoring")

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzywiz said:

Mmm bacon and cheese......yummy 😀

Screenshot_20220110-143905_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Rupert2251
  • Like 2

On 1/8/2022 at 7:40 PM, Izzywiz said:

Let me say straight away that I am a 'glass half full' person who believes in making the best of whatever situation I find myself so, hopefully, this report won’t scare you too much. It’s been a better experience than I had expected.

My husband and I have both been triple vaccinated......
Thanks for the info, hope your DH gets well soon and you stay negative.
We used to cruise a lot but after a cancelled cruise in 2020 for which P&O refunded but our insurer would not I decided never again while Covid was around. You've confirmed  that was the right decision.

Rupert, to quote The Life of Brian, you are a VERY NAUGHTY BOY!! How can a poor girl concentrate for the rest of the day with those images conjuring up memories of my favourite local delicacies. My lovely P&O meals can’t compare 🤫🤫

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Izzywiz said:

Brilliant suggestion (I did love taking part in those photo threads…..so many memories and the perfect incentive to organise my pictures!)…. So now we can add ‘I' for isolation, 't' for testing, 'r' for results, 'w for waving at DH from my balcony to his….I’m sure you wonderful people can come up with more!!

4326FEC1-EBCC-46AE-9A0D-4676089F56C9.jpeg

19B4EBE2-197E-4768-B300-C5D72BE73035.jpeg

When you are set free you could ask for a copy of that notice. Just to put in your scrap book. In the future you could have a look to cheer you up. For what it's worth, I really applaude your outlook.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Izzywiz said:

Rupert, to quote The Life of Brian, you are a VERY NAUGHTY BOY!! How can a poor girl concentrate for the rest of the day with those images conjuring up memories of my favourite local delicacies. My lovely P&O meals can’t compare 🤫🤫

Make that a naughty girl......I'm just a Rupert Bear fan ☺️

23 minutes ago, Izzywiz said:

Izzywiz - I think the quote you should really looking forward to saying is from Are you being Served -

'I'm Free' 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Have contacted my insurance company (Staysure) and P&O but neither give a straightforward answer. They point to "Terms and conditions" What I make of it is Staysure cover you if you are put into isolation on a ship. But if you are quarantined in an hotel either by the cruise line or by a countries authority you are not covered. If you are hospitalised you are covered. Very confusing and not very assuring (Could have said "Ashoring")

Staysure along with 95% of other insurers would not cover you ashore in quarantine if you do not have a PCR test that is positive. P&O are very aware of this, believe me!!  To date they are assisting on a case by case basis.

If you have a positive PCR test regardless of where you are quarantined you have full cover under your insurance policy.

If you are put into quarantine on the ship negative testing your only outlay is assumedly for Covid tests etc - perhaps Izzywiz can confirm what's happening with her as she is negative?

If you are moved to quarantine on Queen Victoria I assume it's because you will not be able to land in Barbados due to a positive test.  In that case you would be covered by your insurance as the magic word for them is "positive".

I'd be interested to hear from Molecrochip what happens if we have two people, as in Izzywiz's case, of one positive and one negative if there isn't a negative test for both at the end of isolation on Britannia.  Would they be split up and one sent home and one moved to Queen Victoria until the negative test?

The trigger word for insurance purposes is "positive".  If your in quarantine anywhere at all without that magic word you are in the "grey area" regarding costs and may have a fight on your hands.

Sorry ‘Rupert’……you are a very naughty girl (that’s if I’m allowed to call you that in these ‘woke’ times) but to also quote Dick Emery…..I like you 👍

Howmuch, I’m humming ‘please release me’ at the moment as I practice my ‘I’m free’ walk!

on a more serious note, I hadn’t thought about the insurance side of things but I do know that both DH and I are to be given letters from the medical centre with all the details of what has gone on so I shall contact our insurance company when I get home.

Thank you all, once again, for brightening my day with your posts, both humorous and serious. X

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I'd be interested to hear from Molecrochip what happens if we have two people, as in Izzywiz's case, of one positive and one negative if there isn't a negative test for both at the end of isolation on Britannia.  Would they be split up and one sent home and one moved to Queen Victoria until the negative test?

I don't know.... but guess in part it will depend upon the individuals concerned. Many practical issues both ways sprint to mind.

3 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I don't know.... but guess in part it will depend upon the individuals concerned. Many practical issues both ways sprint to mind.

Even greyer than I thought then. Fingers crossed they're both negative and we don't find out.

21 minutes ago, Izzywiz said:

Sorry ‘Rupert’……you are a very naughty girl (that’s if I’m allowed to call you that in these ‘woke’ times) but to also quote Dick Emery…..I like you 👍

Howmuch, I’m humming ‘please release me’ at the moment as I practice my ‘I’m free’ walk!

on a more serious note, I hadn’t thought about the insurance side of things but I do know that both DH and I are to be given letters from the medical centre with all the details of what has gone on so I shall contact our insurance company when I get home.

Thank you all, once again, for brightening my day with your posts, both humorous and serious. X

I recall the band did a very good Freddie Mercury so how about a new request "I Want to Break Free"?

• Like 2