On Britannia January 1st to 15th. Now in isolation!

Izzywiz

It’s interesting that you are being kept in quarantine despite repeated negative tests. Reports from people on other cruise lines tell of the positive person being moved to isolation and the ‘negative’ partner having to quarantine in their original cabin until two further negative tests after which they are released to continue their cruise.

Sadly a lot of the other lines have serious outbreaks so perhaps they haven't got enough room in the quarantine quarters with crew etc as well?

Thankfully the P&O outbreaks seem relatively controlled and on the small side in the Caribbean at least.

Hi again everyone. Just a quick update on our situation……I'M FREE!!! The nurse came at 07.00 this morning and did a PCR test. I got the call to say it was negative and I can return to my original cabin. I had anticipated that this would happen so was already mostly packed. I rang reception at 09.00 and 2 delightful gentleman came at 09.30 to move everything.

My DH has done his 10 days tomorrow so he will be out in the morning….looking forward to a cuddle but hope he has had a shave 🤣 he’s looking very scruffy at the moment!!

Thank you all for your support and humour over the last 7 days and, once again, I’d like to complement P&O for the way we have been treated. I could pick the odd fault but generally everyone has been wonderful.

Please stay safe and, if you do choose to cruise in the present circumstances, have a wonderful time. It certainly hasn’t but us off…..next one is on Fred Olsen to the very north of Norway on Feb 11th!!

• Like 25

7 minutes ago, Izzywiz said:

Hi again everyone. Just a quick update on our situation……I'M FREE!!! The nurse came at 07.00 this morning and did a PCR test. I got the call to say it was negative and I can return to my original cabin. I had anticipated that this would happen so was already mostly packed. I rang reception at 09.00 and 2 delightful gentleman came at 09.30 to move everything.

My DH has done his 10 days tomorrow so he will be out in the morning….looking forward to a cuddle but hope he has had a shave 🤣 he’s looking very scruffy at the moment!!

Thank you all for your support and humour over the last 7 days and, once again, I’d like to complement P&O for the way we have been treated. I could pick the odd fault but generally everyone has been wonderful.

Please stay safe and, if you do choose to cruise in the present circumstances, have a wonderful time. It certainly hasn’t but us off…..next one is on Fred Olsen to the very north of Norway on Feb 11th!!

Glad to hear your both ok and I really hope you have a brilliant cruise.

I hope he is released tomorrow and that you have a lovely, spectacular, problem-free last couple of days

Can I be very rude and ask if you will get any financial recompense from either your insurers or from P&O?  You do not need to answer - it is very rude of me.  It’s just that I feel your ‘adventure’ was not worth the full cruise price and that a few £££s might soften the blow of your incarceration 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, Your continued good wishes mean a lot so a huge thank you again.

hi Eddie99, we have already received what could be deemed some non-monetary ‘compensation’ in the form of the two Wi-Fi packages, a bottle of wine and some soft drinks plus the free laundry so we are not looking for anything else from P&O. We are to be given a letter from the medical centre explaining our circumstances so will be contacting our insurance company to see what the situation is once we get home.

We are just so grateful that my DH had so few symptoms and that we have been looked after so well. 

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Izzywiz said:

Good news at last Izzy.

I hope the rest of your cruise is nice for you both and your next cruise is fantastic.

Graham.

Great news that you are free at long last. 

Didn't realise you were a fellow Potter 🙂

Yip, made of tough stuff --- you have to to live here 🙂 🙂 

Only joking, love my City and those lovely oatcakes. For us it is Highland Oatcakes though !

Safe journey home --- take your time, the weather's miserable here

My lovely husband was released this morning after a final negative PCR test so we were reunited at 11.00. It has been a long but necessary separation which has been made bearable by the all the helpful crew members and the supportive and humorous posts by all you CC members.

We are now 'fit to fly' once I complete our Passenger Locater forms. Thank goodness P&O have provided us with an 'idiots' guide' for us technically challenged oldies!! 
Thank you all again 😃😃

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3