Enchanted 1/9-1/29-Updates/Questions

Jadn13

I see the BridgeCam heading towards Princess Cay.  This is the route we will take on 2/8 and I couldn't be more excited to hear about the next leg of your journey.  Need thoughts and prayers as my mother in law has taken ill in hospital now - hoping for her recovery, and our trip  - in that order.  

• Like 3

I'm on a b2b starting next week on turn around day that is what I'm planning to do also empty safe and take all valuables with me just in case.  I'm also planing to bring a covid test with me and do the night before.  We're supposed to be able to get free ones with our insurance.  Those that aren't sailing for a few weeks can order ones from government.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

In December, we were able to have our covid test on board the day before turnaround.  About 140 passengers met in a dining room to go over turnaround procedures and then we had our tests.  There were two nurses doing the test and it went very quick.  We were to be contacted in a couple of hours if there were problems.

We have a b2b next week (God willing tests are negative) and have already decided that if testing was done off the ship, we would pack up the safe, medicines, electronics and other items in a carry-on to take to the terminal just in case.  Some things I prefer to not be packed by crew. 

I totally understand, as I am sure everyone doing B2Bs.  On RCCL, they always would give B2Bs an extra $100 to sail again, good policy to keep business.  They would have the meeting and have mimosas and give out specials on spa and also a sheet on the sneak peak of what was happening the next cruise.  There were no late comers there for sure.  Princess needs to adopt that.

You are making a smart move; however, it is a stress you should not have to deal with if they had the test the day before on Princess.  Isn't cruising supposed to be relaxing?

Just now, mellon1 said:

I totally understand, as I am sure everyone doing B2Bs.  On RCCL, they always would give B2Bs an extra $100 to sail again, good policy to keep business.  They would have the meeting and have mimosas and give out specials on spa and also a sheet on the sneak peak of what was happening the next cruise.  There were no late comers there for sure.  Princess needs to adopt that.

You are making a smart move; however, it is a stress you should not have to deal with if they had the test the day before on Princess.  Isn't cruising supposed to be relaxing?

Oh, I forgot to say, the embarrassment of being a leper for all to see.  No one asks to get covid.  Treat people with respect.

1 minute ago, mellon1 said:

That would be a nice thing for Princess to adopt for their b2b passengers.  I think that Princess did the testing on board for our b2b was because there weren't that many staying on.  The previous cruise had the testing in the terminal as it was mentioned that 400 were on for the b2b.

We've had 3 cruises so far and the most stressful thing for me was getting the test done and hoping for it to be negative.  Have no problem  with the requirement to have one just getting it done 2 days before boarding.  If we can always test negative, packing up a carry on for "just in case" would be a non issue for me.  Can only wish one day to be able to be safe without having to mask or to test.

9 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

That would be a nice thing for Princess to adopt for their b2b passengers.  I think that Princess did the testing on board for our b2b was because there weren't that many staying on.  The previous cruise had the testing in the terminal as it was mentioned that 400 were on for the b2b.

We've had 3 cruises so far and the most stressful thing for me was getting the test done and hoping for it to be negative.  Have no problem  with the requirement to have one just getting it done 2 days before boarding.  If we can always test negative, packing up a carry on for "just in case" would be a non issue for me.  Can only wish one day to be able to be safe without having to mask or to test.

I feel the same way you you.  I think many more do too, but just are not saying.  Really, more seasoned people are doing the B2B2Bs, etc.  Young kids don't have the risk a much.  

I don't feel as alone now that you posted.  Thanks.  Mary

36 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

I am afraid that it will be a long time before testing and masking are gone. This is all a very fluid situation any and will continue to be that way for awhile 

1 hour ago, mellon1 said:

I feel the same way you you.  I think many more do too, but just are not saying.  Really, more seasoned people are doing the B2B2Bs, etc.  Young kids don't have the risk a much.  

I don't feel as alone now that you posted.  Thanks.  Mary

Thank you Mary🙂

40 minutes ago, memoak said:

I am afraid that it will be a long time before testing and masking are gone. This is all a very fluid situation any and will continue to be that way for awhile 

It's wishful thinking I know.  We have been wearing masks almost 2 years even though no longer mandated here in Alabama.  Vaccines, boosters and masking makes me feel safer when cruising even though anything can happen no matter how safe you try to be.   

I have a question about the coffee on the Enchanted. Is the coffee in the dining rooms and buffet syrup or brew? I am trying to decide if I want to pay the extra money for a coffee package. We are on a 10 cruise and I only drink one cup a day. Any thoughts? thanks

We got on today. This ship is stunning. Everything so far has been wonderful. We are seriously impressed with the food so far.

The medallion is a big step up. Not having to fiddle when getting to the cabin is a dream. I didn’t realize is would just open the door when we walked up.

We have been on three new Princess ships (shortly after put into service.) This is much nicer than bothThe Royal and Regal. The balcony size is a great improvement.

More later. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, curlybelle2 said:

I have a question about the coffee on the Enchanted. Is the coffee in the dining rooms and buffet syrup or brew? I am trying to decide if I want to pay the extra money for a coffee package. We are on a 10 cruise and I only drink one cup a day. Any thoughts? thanks

Buffet syrup? What is this? Is this why some places on the ship (Carnival) have terrible coffee? I thought it was the water they were using as the tap water was also dreadful.

Question: does anybody know if there is SPLENDA on the Enchanted? It comes in a yellow packet next to all the other sugar substitutes that are pink & blue? It's the only one I like in my coffee & sometimes I just bring my own 'cause some cruise lines don't carry it because it's a bit more $$ than the others...thanks!!

Big Al 

8 minutes ago, big al said:

Question: does anybody know if there is SPLENDA on the Enchanted? It comes in a yellow packet next to all the other sugar substitutes that are pink & blue? It's the only one I like in my coffee & sometimes I just bring my own 'cause some cruise lines don't carry it because it's a bit more $$ than the others...thanks!!

Big Al 

Yes, Splenda, Sweet N Low and Equal

are all available in the caddy…also white and brown sugar upon request

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, curlybelle2 said:

I found the dining room/buffet coffee hit or miss - some days quite drinkable, other days terrible. But if you only drink one cup a day, you can purchase brewed coffee from the International Cafe for about $1.75 a cup, so no need to buy a package. 

1 hour ago, let's go cruising said:

Buffet syrup? What is this? Is this why some places on the ship (Carnival) have terrible coffee? I thought it was the water they were using as the tap water was also dreadful.

No quite of few places that serve a lot of coffee use a syrup formula.  When you pull the spigot it mixes the coffee syrup with hot water to give you a fresh cup of coffee.  It saves restaurants a lot of  money on brewing coffee that sits around and end up getting thrown out.  

Is any self service coffee available at the buffet in the early morning hours when their not open for business or does it have to be ordered using the app & have it delivered? 

I like to go there & read so I don't disturb my husband sleeping. 

28 minutes ago, Mo Jito said:

I found the dining room/buffet coffee hit or miss - some days quite drinkable, other days terrible. But if you only drink one cup a day, you can purchase brewed coffee from the International Cafe for about $1.75 a cup, so no need to buy a package. 

Thanks for the info. I didn't know the price of a single cup was under $2.  I thought it was much more. I will happily pay $1.75 for a good cup of coffee.

18 hours ago, rnelson678 said:

Princess will take a new photo when you board, if you don't have one or if they don't like the one you have.  It's quick - you may not even notice.

Thanks, thats what Celebrity did in July. My issue is being put in the blue lane because their app doesnt work right, along with people who have 'real' problems.

12 hours ago, curlybelle2 said:

You can always get a pot of coffee from room service for free. It seems to  always taste  better than the one cups in the buffet even if it’s probably the same. 

Coffee:

Grand class ships have syrup diluted coffee dispensed at the buffet.   Coffee syrup is a common way of making coffee in many restaurants/ large service venues.     As the buffet has many coffee locations, we've found that we can check each one and find a different strength of coffee as each one has the dilution factor set a bit differently.  We go from spigot to spigot until we find the strongest one.   Also, if you want stronger, ask the crew for an ounce of the syrup - they'll give you a mug with a bit of syrup in it and you can add it to your coffee to make it stronger.  

Royal class ships have machines in the buffet that grind beans and "brew" a single serve coffee.  Quality of the beans is anyone's guess.   There is no way to make it stronger, but you can add water if you wish to dilute it.  

For all ships, I think the dining room coffee is the same as what they have in the buffet, just made in the kitchen and served in pots at the table.  Same for room service.  

All ships sell "brewed" coffee from grounds at the International cafe.  I recall they have a restaurant style grind & brew machine and they fill a pot and it sits on the warmer in the back.   Again, no way to make it stronger if its too weak for your preference.  

We have the drink package with the plus pricing, so we just get espresso based coffees (lattes, cappucinos) - nice treat that we don't get at home.  

There are many threads here (pre covid) describing the coffee situation!   

Edited by CruisinFinsUp
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, curlybelle2 said:

See my coffee description above.  

On 1/9/2022 at 11:04 AM, MissP22 said:

It simply means that you can share a table with anyone else on the ship. You are not limited to a table with your traveling companions. 

I am so excited to hear this!  I love my hubby but I eat with him the other 330 days a year!!  I love meeting new friends in the MDR!  We'll be on the Enchanted in 79 days!!  

• Like 1