Charged for 8 towels

mackfam

Just received an email of our final folio charges and saw two charges of $100 for towels not returned.  This would be the equivalent of 8 towels. (Do they really think anyone would want, or have room in their luggage, for 8 of their lousy pool towels?) We checked our towels in every time we returned them but didn’t ask for proof as we assumed this would not be a problem as we had never run into this on previous cruises. We have tried calling the number listed in the email but the call will not go through. Any advice of who to call or email to resolve this?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mackfam said:

Just received an email of our final folio charges and saw two charges of $100 for towels not returned.  This would be the equivalent of 8 towels. (Do they really think anyone would want, or have room in their luggage, for 8 of their lousy pool towels?) We checked our towels in every time we returned them but didn’t ask for proof as we assumed this would not be a problem as we had never run into this on previous cruises. We have tried calling the number listed in the email but the call will not go through. Any advice of who to call or email to resolve this?

Call post cruise guest relations 

1-800-256-6649

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, mackfam said:

(Do they really think anyone would want, or have room in their luggage, for 8 of their lousy pool towels)

DW and I pack an extra fabric carryon bag.  During the week we pick up chair hogs territorial towels, and take them home in this extra carryon bag.

We have supplied many kids college dorms and apartments with quality towels over the years, and expanded my book collection with some nice literary works.  

Heck, a couple of times we have picked up some RCL robes on Debarkation day from rooms with their door propped open.

Eddie

PS........don’t turn me in.

PSS......Before people get too overboard on this one,  my tongue is firmly in my cheek as I am winking at you.  

PSSS.....Maybe that could be a suggestion to thwart chair hogs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 35

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

When we have to take towels out, I always ask when I return them to make sure the count is zero.

Not that it matters, but, I thought towels were $25.00, so it would be a charge for four towels.

Good Luck,

He was charged two separate times.

2 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

DW and I pack an extra fabric carryon bag.  During the week we pick up chair hogs territorial towels, and take them home in this extra carryon bag.

We have supplied many kids college dorms and apartments with quality towels over the years, and expanded my book collection with some nice literary works.  

Heck, a couple of times we have picked up some RCL robes on Debarkation day from rooms with their door propped open.

Eddie

PSS......Before people get too overboard on this one,  my tongue is firmly in my cheek as I am winking at you.  

Or, better yet:  keep all the stuff and put up a big sign on the lounger you now occupy that says:  "I will return your towel so you won't be charged, or your book you won't have to replace, and any other personal items.  Bring me xyz drink, and your hostage belonging will be gladly traded."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On the last day of my first ever RCI cruise a month ago, I turned in 2 towels at 5:30pm, tapped my card on the device at the towel station, and verbally reminded the staff in duty facing me that I am NOW returning the TWO towels permanently. About 8pm when I returned to the cabin after my dinner, I saw the note regarding the towels. I had to make a trip to the Guest Service desk, asking nicely "what's the hell of the note?" Pleased to see that RCI didn't even dare to put in the unauthorized charge of $50 on my bill.

20211215_200049.jpg

38 minutes ago, Serengeti228 said:

On the last day of my first ever RCI cruise a month ago, I turned in 2 towels at 5:30pm, tapped my card on the device at the towel station, and verbally reminded the staff in duty facing me that I am NOW returning the TWO towels permanently. About 8pm when I returned to the cabin after my dinner, I saw the note regarding the towels. I had to make a trip to the Guest Service desk, asking nicely "what's the hell of the note?" Pleased to see that RCI didn't even dare to put in the unauthorized charge of $50 on my bill.

20211215_200049.jpg

Hold on, we have to use our card to return towels!? We haven’t been on a RC ship in a few years, our last couple were Celebrity. 

2 hours ago, hometoosoon said:

Hold on, we have to use our card to return towels!? We haven’t been on a RC ship in a few years, our last couple were Celebrity. 

16 minutes ago, Serengeti228 said:

Tap card for 1st time pick up and finale return.

On our last cruise they just asked for the cabin number to check-out and check-in the towels... 

3 hours ago, Serengeti228 said:

20211215_200049.jpg

I received a notice like that last month when I was on the Symphony. Staff had prepared it earlier and they attempted delivery but my do not disturb sign was on my door. So, my room steward handed it to me when I was heading out for dinner which was after 7pm.  I was actually happy to receive the reminder. It just served as a little check mark for me of things I took care of that last night to prepare to disembark. Just sharing because I wonder if they had prepared the notice for you before you returned the towels at 5:30pm. I'm sure tons were prepared for people. So, perhaps it wasn't an error of the towel attendants after you turned the towels in since the notice was prepared before 5:30pm. Just a thought. Glad it worked out.  Good night. 

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hometoosoon said:

On the Symphony last month, I tapped my card each time I checked out new towels and every time I returned towels. But, staff asking for your cabin number and entering it does the same thing tracking wise as well. 

1 hour ago, blueslily said:

I received a notice like that last month when I was on the Symphony. Staff had prepared it earlier and they attempted delivery but my do not disturb sign was on my door. So, my room steward handed it to me when I was heading out for dinner which was after 7pm.  I was actually happy to receive the reminder. It just served as a little check mark for me of things I took care of that last night to prepare to disembark. Just sharing because I wonder if they had prepared the notice for you before you returned the towels at 5:30pm. I'm sure tons were prepared for people. So, perhaps it wasn't an error of the towel attendants after you turned the towels in since the notice was prepared before 5:30pm. Just a thought. Glad it worked out.  Good night. 

That's possible. Could be part of the RCI value added service. Good to know. 🙂

Do you remember the consternation and frustration when the cabin refrigerator was packed with goods and faulty charges would appear on the cabin folio.    Many times, I had to go to GS for explanation and removal.  The best thing that RCL ever did was posting your daily charges on the interactive TV.  Thinking of my last cruise on Dec Mariner cruise it was not available.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Coralc said:

Is this the same number? 800-256-6649 is listed as post cruise guest relations. They should remove the charge. 

Tried calling this number but when I select the appropriate option which then says “stay on the line for next available agent” the call gets cut off. Have tried multiple times with the same result 

• Thanks 1

What a pain.  My first royal cruise coming up and reading this thread is marking my first realization that there is a check out / check in process for towels.  I'm accustomed to another cruise line where there are no controls on towels.  Is the juice really worth the squeeze on this? Yikes.

8 hours ago, nelblu said:

Do you remember the consternation and frustration when the cabin refrigerator was packed with goods and faulty charges would appear on the cabin folio.    Many times, I had to go to GS for explanation and removal.  The best thing that RCL ever did was posting your daily charges on the interactive TV.  Thinking of my last cruise on Dec Mariner cruise it was not available.  

OMG - that was horrible. It seemed every other cruise they were trying to charge me for something. They would always blame it on me too… “you must have moved something around”. Uh-No.  And then you had an extra person in your room everyday to check and stock the fridge. No thank you. 

I finally started having the room steward remove everything on the first day of the cruise. They agreed to do it and we never had false charges after that. And we had the entire fridge to use. 

I bet they made a ton on those false charges. 

20 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Eddie

This is a terrific idea. Hope I don't get too bored on my next cruise...

On 1/10/2022 at 12:22 PM, mackfam said:

Tried calling this number but when I select the appropriate option which then says “stay on the line for next available agent” the call gets cut off. Have tried multiple times with the same result 

If you are on Facebook try them on Messenger, I usually get a response in a day