Documentary on the Costa Concordia

Anyone interested there is a two part documentary about the Costa Concordia sinking on SBS on Demand:

Costa Concordia Why She Sank

I saw it when it screened on TV. I found it to be a comprehensive blow by blow of everything that happened. Really well explained. I know it is not a cheery doco about cruising but at least it is a break from COVID. 

• Like 2

Watched first half last night but then it went past my bedtime so I will watch the rest today / tonight.  

Out of interest, we took our first cruise in February 2012 (Sydney to Fremantle with Royal Caribbean)  when the news of the Costa Concordia was still very fresh in everyone's mind.  Spoke to a few other passengers who were nervous but we didn't feel any concern at all.  Obviously loved every minute of the experience and have never stopped wanting to spend the rest of my days cruising the world.  Seems like a forlorn hope these days. 😢

• Like 1

We will never know who called the sail by of Gigilo.  Was it Costa Cruise Line, the Capitano or another officer on board.  But it was a disaster in he making and it is clear from footage, report of the Police Captain of the island, the Mayor and the Coastguard that Capt Spaghetti deserted his ship.  He is still in prison.