Has Infinity summer been cancelled

york survey

23 minutes ago, fordpickup said:

If we had flights booked with Celebrity would they honor the fare for the lift/shift? The prices have more or less doubled on the options that are available in place of our 8/20 cruise.

Unfortunately, no.

We had booked a 2A cabin on Infinity departing July 21 from Ravenna and we called tonight and Celebrity told us we had three choices to lift and shift. 7/16 on Edge, 7/22 on Constellation and 7/15 on Reflection. We were told our 2A cabin would convert to an E4 cabin on Edge should we move to that sailing. 

We did L&S from Infinity 8 day (Sep 17), to 10 days in October for the Edge.

Our original cabin was a lovely sweet 16 (extended balcony) .. now we have deck 7 infinity veranda for $100 pp more. (For my original price, I only qualified for 50% obstructed infinity veranda).

At first, Celebrity said I had to choose from their list of options in Sep, I asked for Oct 14 as I’m doing 2 cruises & the offerings wouldn’t work….they agreed.  

53 minutes ago, lasekeye said:

We did L&S from Infinity 8 day (Sep 17), to 10 days in October for the Edge.

Our original cabin was a lovely sweet 16 (extended balcony) .. now we have deck 7 infinity veranda for $100 pp more. (For my original price, I only qualified for 50% obstructed infinity veranda).

At first, Celebrity said I had to choose from their list of options in Sep, I asked for Oct 14 as I’m doing 2 cruises & the offerings wouldn’t work….they agreed.  

Do you know if they based it on your actual price paid or the fact that you had a 2C booked?  I’m curious if they look at price paid or category when determining what you get. 

13 hours ago, TowandaUK said:

We are booked on Silhouette July 30th. I noticed yesterday that several blocks of cabins had suddenly become available. Can’t help wondering if X had been holding these back and released them knowing infinity passengers might want them?  

We are on that cruise as well. Notice that they are now selling deck 6, which they weren’t doing when we booked mid September. 
The prices have also gone up, by more than £1000 p.p.😱

9DD50FBC-1B12-4EFD-85E4-9EC046A5F205.thumb.jpeg.277015708f131a45e48fb0ac686fb1ff.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

8 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Do you know if they based it on your actual price paid or the fact that you had a 2C booked?  I’m curious if they look at price paid or category when determining what you get. 

They do it by type,of cabin booked not price you paid

• Like 1

To clarify more, our Infinity C2 (sweet 16 cabin), also using our available Captain’s Club 1category upgrade (this will be our 2nd sailing with Celebrity)….was able to get us to category E3 on the Edge for Oct 14th. We now have a deck 7 cabin, that after many hours on the phone over 2 days & confirming that they need to L&S our Black Friday discounts & extra OBC….without any more cost to us….our original price for Sep 17th, 8 day Infinity moved directly to our new 10 day Edge sailing.

I did all of this directly with Celebrity (dealing with my big box store TA was PAINFUL-too much back & forth).  Celebrity agent made the calculations, notes & such…when I call my TA, it’s already documented & ready for them to input to their computer.

On 1/20/2022 at 7:15 AM, mahdnc said:

If and when Lift and Shift sailings are offered for this cancelled cruise, it should appear on this page: link

Thank you to everybody for the info!!!

It helped a lot to get prepared for a call so we could switch. I finally was able to call today. When I tried to call yesterday, by the time I came from work, ate etc - I was on hold for ah hour, and had to hang up after that as I was getting past the closing time, so there was no way I could have spoken to anybody anymore.

But I finally was able to switch our booking today.

Out original cruise on Infinity was an 8-nighter Best of Spain & Portugal with Gibraltar etc. - on October 12th 2022. We were looking forward to it, especially as we were cancelled off from similar itinerary once already before - with different cruise line, when the Covid just started. So we really can't make it there :)))

But it is what it is. We switched to  Edge on October 14th 2022 - France and Italy. And we even can save the airline ticket coming to Europe (we already bought the tickets unfortunately with Iberia through Madrid). We have to figure out new ticket back to US, and hopefully save the value of the ticket we have to cancel. But that's another task.

Just wanted to point out that in the spreadsheet posted here it was indicated that October 12th could have switched to one of the four sailings. In fact we were told that only three sailings were available for our date:

1) 10/07/2022 on the Reflection 10-nighter Italy, Croatia and Montenegro.

2) 10/13/2022 on the Constellation 9-nighter Venice, Portofino and Florence. 

3) 10/14/2022 on the Edge 10-nighter Italy and France.

The date of 10/03/2022 on Constellation for 10 nights appeared to be not available for switch from 10/12/2022.

Edited by JoieNsk

3 hours ago, JoieNsk said:

Thank you to everybody for the info!!!

It helped a lot to get prepared for a call so we could switch. I finally was able to call today. When I tried to call yesterday, by the time I came from work, ate etc - I was on hold for ah hour, and had to hang up after that as I was getting past the closing time, so there was no way I could have spoken to anybody anymore.

But I finally was able to switch our booking today.

Out original cruise on Infinity was an 8-nighter Best of Spain & Portugal with Gibraltar etc. - on October 12th 2022. We were looking forward to it, especially as we were cancelled off from similar itinerary once already before - with different cruise line, when the Covid just started. So we really can't make it there :)))

But it is what it is. We switched to  Edge on October 14th 2022 - France and Italy. And we even can save the airline ticket coming to Europe (we already bought the tickets unfortunately with Iberia through Madrid). We have to figure out new ticket back to US, and hopefully save the value of the ticket we have to cancel. But that's another task.

Just wanted to point out that in the spreadsheet posted here it was indicated that October 12th could have switched to one of the four sailings. In fact we were told that only three sailings were available for our date:

1) 10/07/2022 on the Reflection 10-nighter Italy, Croatia and Montenegro.

2) 10/13/2022 on the Constellation 9-nighter Venice, Portofino and Florence. 

3) 10/14/2022 on the Edge 10-nighter Italy and France.

The date of 10/03/2022 on Constellation for 10 nights appeared to be not available for switch from 10/12/2022.

Celebrity has not updated their Excel file to indicate this as of yet.  However I have made a notation in the Google sheet version that I had posted.

We are  booked for  August 27th 2022, 7 day cruise Concierge class, and as yet have not been notified about the cancellation.  Can anyone tell me what the options for lift and shift are please?  Does Celebrity assign your cabin and ship?   We also booked our flights independently of Celebrity as they could not give us that option due to booking too early in advance.  It appears that will now have to forfeit  the cost of our flights.  Does anyone know the reason for the cancellation of the summer schedule?  

1 hour ago, Maxie33 said:

We are  booked for  August 27th 2022, 7 day cruise Concierge class, and as yet have not been notified about the cancellation.  Can anyone tell me what the options for lift and shift are please?  Does Celebrity assign your cabin and ship?   We also booked our flights independently of Celebrity as they could not give us that option due to booking too early in advance.  It appears that will now have to forfeit  the cost of our flights.  Does anyone know the reason for the cancellation of the summer schedule?  

Did you book direct or with an agent--the agent may have your cancellation 

I have been sent the general info sheet by Celebrity but nothing yet about the lift&shift procedure and rules - the only info I have yet (unofficially) is out of this forum - thank you all.

Our big box travel agency has not had any information yet, either- I have contacted them about my options and have received nothing in return - and the clock is ticking until the offer expires!

The three options for our cruise I know of are ( for us at least) unacceptable - less days for more or same money , boring itineraries with ports we have seen often enough. I'm hoping that the alternative I gave them via my TA (different route, different ship) might be accepted but am not at all sure if it will be allowed.

Has someone on this board been able to switch ( lift & shift) to another cruise outside the narrow lines the cruise line is drawing?

I'm also worrying about the FCC I paid half of the cruise with which I'm to sure is when it will actually expire - it's still out of the first cancellations at the beginning of the CoVid cancellations and been extended a few times already!

1 hour ago, emmas gran said:

Did you book direct or with an agent--the agent may have your cancellation 

Hi. We booked directly with Celebrity.  I have sent a number of emails and have tried to ring them but cannot get through.  

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Check the link in post 246.

Thank you,  Opening up with "We are pleased to announce" isn't very comforting when your cruise has been cancelled especially when the closing date to change is the 3rd Feb and we haven't received any correspondence as yet.   Sorry, just ranting.  Thank you again for your response.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maxie33 said:

Maxie this thread is interesting.  Read when you have the time.

No one knows reason but some say Covid.  It seems unusual to cancel so many.

You will be given a list of 3-4 alternates for L&S.  You may like them.  They will be similar dates and locations.  I asked to apply my FCC for Mediterranean cruise 10/2022 to a cruise in South America 12/2023.  No answer yet.

What airline are you on?  Many will give credit for a future flight.  Delta did that for us when our previous cruise was canceled last year.  I’m not going to try to extend the Delta credit.  For us, this year we may convert our cruise to a land tour and use our existing flight with some minor changes to make it a round trip.

Had a B2B cruise scheduled on Infinity in September Venice to Barcelona.  This was a rebooking of a 2021 B2B Baltic Cruise that we chose to reschedule do to conflicts.  Since our TA made the original booking with non refundable deposits they were moved to our new cruises and remain non refundable.  Now I have two canceled cruise with non refundable deposits.  If I lift and shift what are my chances of being able to apply both deposits to just one new cruise?  I am thinking my best option is to do nothing and let them refund my deposits, which are significant and book the cruise I want.  All I stand to loose are my OBC’s.  None of the cruise options listed really work for us as we need one that starts in Rome and ends in Barcelona or vice versa.  Celeberty Beyond has one that fits the bill.  

7 minutes ago, blackfly said:

Had a B2B cruise scheduled on Infinity in September Venice to Barcelona.  This was a rebooking of a 2021 B2B Baltic Cruise that we chose to reschedule do to conflicts.  Since our TA made the original booking with non refundable deposits they were moved to our new cruises and remain non refundable.  Now I have two canceled cruise with non refundable deposits.  If I lift and shift what are my chances of being able to apply both deposits to just one new cruise?  I am thinking my best option is to do nothing and let them refund my deposits, which are significant and book the cruise I want.  All I stand to loose are my OBC’s.  None of the cruise options listed really work for us as we need one that starts in Rome and ends in Barcelona or vice versa.  Celeberty Beyond has one that fits the bill.  

48 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Maxie this thread is interesting.  Read when you have the time.

No one knows reason but some say Covid.  It seems unusual to cancel so many.

You will be given a list of 3-4 alternates for L&S.  You may like them.  They will be similar dates and locations.  I asked to apply my FCC for Mediterranean cruise 10/2022 to a cruise in South America 12/2023.  No answer yet.

What airline are you on?  Many will give credit for a future flight.  Delta did that for us when our previous cruise was canceled last year.  I’m not going to try to extend the Delta credit.  For us, this year we may convert our cruise to a land tour and use our existing flight with some minor changes to make it a round trip.

Hi.  Thank you so much for sending that on to me,  I am still trying to get an answer from Celebrity but almost impossible to contact them.  We are travelling from Ireland and our flight to Bologna was with Ryanair.  We will try to reschedule to flights once we get some response from Celebrity.  

5 minutes ago, Maxie33 said:

Hi.  Thank you so much for sending that on to me,  I am still trying to get an answer from Celebrity but almost impossible to contact them.  We are travelling from Ireland and our flight to Bologna was with Ryanair.  We will try to reschedule to flights once we get some response from Celebrity.  

6 minutes ago, Maxie33 said:

It’s normal for it take several days to get an answer.

6 hours ago, Maxie33 said:

Here are the specific Lift and Shift sailing options that are being offered.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VQ47gKZYNReRiXjSK0iyc7PTsTE-ifKg/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=117499661719044014957&rtpof=true&sd=true

12 hours ago, grayjay said:

I have been sent the general info sheet by Celebrity but nothing yet about the lift&shift procedure and rules - the only info I have yet (unofficially) is out of this forum - thank you all.

Our big box travel agency has not had any information yet, either- I have contacted them about my options and have received nothing in return - and the clock is ticking until the offer expires!

The three options for our cruise I know of are ( for us at least) unacceptable - less days for more or same money , boring itineraries with ports we have seen often enough. I'm hoping that the alternative I gave them via my TA (different route, different ship) might be accepted but am not at all sure if it will be allowed.

Has someone on this board been able to switch ( lift & shift) to another cruise outside the narrow lines the cruise line is drawing?

I'm also worrying about the FCC I paid half of the cruise with which I'm to sure is when it will actually expire - it's still out of the first cancellations at the beginning of the CoVid cancellations and been extended a few times already!

I was able to L&S to a sailing not on my “approved list”.  The new booking is on one of the approved ships, but it’s about 2 weeks after their “approved list dates”.   I asked Celebrity agent very nicely, let them know I was trying to fit the new cruise to align with a 2nd sailing that we had previously booked….and their list wouldn’t allow me to keep the other sailing.  (I do have a side-by-side sailing, but both aren’t with Celebrity 🤫).  It took a bit of let me check with my supervisor type stuff…but it did work. 
I’m actually booked with a TA from a big box store, but the run around with calls was soooo frustrating, so I did the background leg work myself.  With Celebrity, I got it all set up (was upfront about using the big box store), and then called my actual TA to have them update my file.

REMEMBER to confirm that all your price reductions & added OBC moves over with too! ..some TAs were not aware.

1 minute ago, lasekeye said:

I was able to L&S to a sailing not on my “approved list”.  The new booking is on one of the approved ships, but it’s about 2 weeks after their “approved list dates”.   I asked Celebrity agent very nicely, let them know I was trying to fit the new cruise to align with a 2nd sailing that we had previously booked….and their list wouldn’t allow me to keep the other sailing.  (I do have a side-by-side sailing, but both aren’t with Celebrity 🤫).  It took a bit of let me check with my supervisor type stuff…but it did work. 

That is very nice to hear.

12 hours ago, blackfly said:

Edited by ccmacentee
I don't like the itineraries either, though I'm glad to have better ship options & longer sailings than Infinity. Because I wanted Rome to Barcelona (or vice versa), and had been to so many of the other ports, I asked my TA to ask Celebrity if I can chan

I don't like the itineraries either, though I'm glad to have better ship options & longer sailings than Infinity.  Because I wanted Rome to Barcelona (or vice versa), and had been to so many of the other ports, I asked my TA to ask Celebrity if I can change to Beyond for the Italian Riviera, and they said "no".  Oh well!   Now I need to think about what I want to do.