Canceled your cruise, got FCC, now what...?

enymarsh

On 1/12/2022 at 12:52 PM, chucknmarilyn said:

You (or your travel agent) can call them if you have a cruise you want to go ahead and apply it to. I just did that this morning.

Just to clarify, were you able to move value of canceled cruise fare to a new cruise w/o waiting for the FCC or how did that work?

Thanks

8 hours ago, JaneStarr said:

Just to clarify, were you able to move value of canceled cruise fare to a new cruise w/o waiting for the FCC or how did that work?

Thanks

I’d like to know that too. We are supposed to go on Equinox on January 21. I’d like to move it to the March 4 sailing - same ship, same itinerary. Willing to pay any difference in price. Called the TA Today and he said no way to apply FCC to the new cruise because FCC would take too long to come in. Then called Celebrity and they verified what TA said. So how do you do it?

On 1/11/2022 at 9:21 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I've navigated it before and found it is easy to do.    The FCC's can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months or more to arrive.   You receive them as an e-mail either directly to you or to your agent.   Once you ave a certificate (they are issued in each person's name and can not be used except by that person). 

From this link you can  book a new cruise with the FCC or apply it to an existing reservation. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/future-cruise-credit

BUT—- If you have an existing FCC and you cancel, a new FCC is not issued, the old FCC is reinstated.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, D C said:

Does anyone know if FCC is flexible?  i.e. can Celebrity FCC be transferred to Royal and vice versa? 

I’ve seen no reports of anyone successfully accomplishing this since the Pandemic struck.  Celebrity website specifically says somewhere (in FAQ, I believe) that the FCCs cannot be used across brands. I’m sure I saw that as recently as yesterday, after the CWC update.

• Like 1

We are on the fence about canceling our Jan. 30 on Equinox. We booked and paid the deposit for a 1/29/23 on Beyond a few months ago.  If we cancel 1/30/22 and get FCC, could we apply it to already booked 1/29/23? (Note: This beats the FCC expiration date by ONE DAY!)

16 hours ago, lorimay said:

I’d like to know that too. We are supposed to go on Equinox on January 21. I’d like to move it to the March 4 sailing - same ship, same itinerary. Willing to pay any difference in price. Called the TA Today and he said no way to apply FCC to the new cruise because FCC would take too long to come in. Then called Celebrity and they verified what TA said. So how do you do it?

Have your TA call again to speak to a supervisor 

we cancelled our Jan 8 cruise on Jan 3, and on Jan 13 called Celebrity to book a Feb 27 cruise

a supervisor approved our booking with just payment of taxes and port fees ($399), and they will hold our reservation until our FCC issues

they said that if the FCC does not issue 11 days before the sailing, to call back and they will MANUALLY create the FCC then

51 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Have your TA call again to speak to a supervisor 

we cancelled our Jan 8 cruise on Jan 3, and on Jan 13 called Celebrity to book a Feb 27 cruise

a supervisor approved our booking with just payment of taxes and port fees ($399), and they will hold our reservation until our FCC issues

they said that if the FCC does not issue 11 days before the sailing, to call back and they will MANUALLY create the FCC then

I called to cancel and rebook end of March as well - the agent on the line did have to contact a supervisor and I got the final payment date delayed - I am hoping this will work if not I will be calling again - my only issue with waiting means you can't check in right? (and pick boarding time) ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

so I just (finally) rebooked... we'll be going in December of this year.  Had to downgrade dramatically in order to avoid spending thousands more just to use the FCC we'll be getting.  The agent had no problem booking it since we'll have time to get the FCC before final payment is due but we're pretty disappointed at the reality of the situation.  I fully understand why things have to be so much more expensive but our cruise would have cost almost double if we had stayed in the same category of cabin even by reducing the length from 11 nights to 7!  As it is we'll be spending several hundred more than the FCC even though we downgraded our category as well as shortening the cruise and visiting less desirable ports.

Good news is that in recent weeks, Celebrity must be doing a bunch of trainings since both of the agents I spoke with today were very well informed and had useful suggestions to make after I described my situation.  Only disappointment for me remaining is that they won't let you book a less expensive cruise and get the remaining $$ as OBC!  I mean, it is still going to get spent with them!

On 1/12/2022 at 3:33 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Many flights are fully refundable by Flights by Celebrity but  a $200 pp after final payment will apply. Non-refundable fares will generally receive a credit with airlines less the $200 pp fee.    I believe the credit has to be used in a year.

There is also a $200 pp fee to change to a different date after final payment.   Maybe a good reason to book direct with airline prior to Final Payment and  cancel without fee.

Full Policy -

https://www.celebritycruises.com/flights-by-celebrity/terms-and-conditions

We cancelled our January 8 2022 cruise and were given full refund of airline fees. No cancellation fees charged. 

13 minutes ago, Princess Fi said:

We cancelled our January 8 2022 cruise and were given full refund of airline fees. No cancellation fees charged. 

May I ask how long it took to get your airline refund?  I cancelled January 7 - and I am still waiting - when I call they say like 30-40 business days???

Also still waiting for FCC to be applied TODAY I hope as final payment is tomorrow - I called yesterday and they did say they would do this within 24 hours - will keep checking - but expect I will have to be on the phone yet again tonight! 😞

Edited by Froufie

On 1/11/2022 at 9:21 PM, Jim_Iain said:

...Once you ave a certificate (they are issued in each person's name and can not be used except by that person)...

Hi Jim, you are a much more experienced traveller than me, so you may be aware of a change that I missed. This said, just in case this option is still available and could help others, I thought to mention this experience:

In March 2020, my daughter, her boyfriend, my wife and me, were booked on a Millenium cruise....guess where: China, Japan.... So, it was cancelled by Celebrity after final payment. We were fully refunded for everything, and Celebrity added a 25% bonus in the form of a FCC, for each of us.

My daughter and her boyfriend went to other priorities in their lives and were not planning to use their FCCs.

Since my wife and I were booked on a June 2022 cruise on Celebrity Silhouette, the program allowed my daughter and her boyfriend, to transfer their FCCs to us. At the time, the transfer of FCCs, could only be done once per certificate. 

As a result, my wife and I will benefit from FCC certificates that were not initially issued in our name.

For information, in case it can help! 

The transfer of FCC policy currently says it must be done by March 31, 2022 but that date has been extended before.  

I'm available to receive FCC's if anyone has ones they don't want.  I can be reached at wrk2cruise at gmail dot com. 😀

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Froufie said:

May I ask how long it took to get your airline refund?  I cancelled January 7 - and I am still waiting - when I call they say like 30-40 business days???

Also still waiting for FCC to be applied TODAY I hope as final payment is tomorrow - I called yesterday and they did say they would do this within 24 hours - will keep checking - but expect I will have to be on the phone yet again tonight! 😞

We cancelled our Jan 4 cruise about 72 hours before boarding.  Cut it close but we were just in time to   take advantage of the 48 hour cancel deal.  TA has handled it very well as we too are looking to utilize FCC for an April 8 sailing.  He was able to get a Feb 20 final payment date for the April 8 cruise.  No FCC yet, however did receive Tax, Fee's and Full airline fares as refund to our credit card on January 21st.  The air was indeed through Flights by Celebrity with no $200 cancel fee.  Still hoping that FCC will come through and TA is constantly checking with X.  I echo the concerns of many others on here as far as attempting to secure another cruise with the same type cabin without having to spend much more money.

I canceled our Jan 4 cruise on Dec. 31.  Have not received any port fees or taxes back as of today.  Ronmar22 said he received back Jan. 21.  How do they prioritize these refunds?  Anyone know?

6 minutes ago, ronmar22 said:

We cancelled our Jan 4 cruise about 72 hours before boarding.  Cut it close but we were just in time to   take advantage of the 48 hour cancel deal.  TA has handled it very well as we too are looking to utilize FCC for an April 8 sailing.  He was able to get a Feb 20 final payment date for the April 8 cruise.  No FCC yet, however did receive Tax, Fee's and Full airline fares as refund to our credit card on January 21st.  The air was indeed through Flights by Celebrity with no $200 cancel fee.  Still hoping that FCC will come through and TA is constantly checking with X.  I echo the concerns of many others on here as far as attempting to secure another cruise with the same type cabin without having to spend much more money.

3 hours ago, Froufie said:

We cancelled with our online TA December 27 but when I got notices to checkin for our flights day prior I called Flights by Celebrity directly.  Our flights were still active so they cancelled while I was on the phone. Received full refund in less than 7 days. I have had Celebrity push final payment to accommodate FCCs to be applied. 

3 hours ago, Princess Fi said:

We cancelled with our online TA December 27 but when I got notices to checkin for our flights day prior I called Flights by Celebrity directly.  Our flights were still active so they cancelled while I was on the phone. Received full refund in less than 7 days. I have had Celebrity push final payment to accommodate FCCs to be applied. 

Thanks for the details - may call flights by celebrity later - right now ON HOLD with celebrity as they try to expedite my FCC to apply for final payment tomorrow - they are saying it's 'flexible' however I really want to get this done and over with!  Don't want to extend final payment date anymore (and want to be able to check in this weekend!)....

Cancelled our Jan 8 sailing on Jan 3--still waiting for FCC, although the port taxes were refunded to my credit card on Jan 18.

A few days ago the Celebrity agent checked with a special department to make sure our FCC is still properly in process, and they said it is.

I asked if the FCC processing is automated or manual, and she said automated.

Does anyone know why an automated processing of FCC takes more than a couple of days?  Is Celebrity using vintage computers from the 1970s?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Froufie said:

Thanks for the details - may call flights by celebrity later - right now ON HOLD with celebrity as they try to expedite my FCC to apply for final payment tomorrow - they are saying it's 'flexible' however I really want to get this done and over with!  Don't want to extend final payment date anymore (and want to be able to check in this weekend!)....

WHAT A NIGHTMARE!  I continue to be shocked and disappointed at the piss poor customer service provided by Celebrity and flights as well.

1)  Called yesterday Jan 31 to ask about our FCC (cancelled Jan 19 cruise on Jan 7th including flights!) and rebooked for end of March and was provided with an extended final payment of Feb 2nd.  They told me FCC would be issued within 24 hours  - they lied LOL.  I call late this afternoon - and got them to check on it - they said it would be 'issued' I asked when - they asked if I got any emails - I said no.

Put me on hold - came back to say they were getting them issued - I said I would wait!  - back on hold - came back told me she had the FCC #s - I said can you not apply them now/immediately to the balance - she said okay ...back on hold.  She came back to say it was done - balance owing...  and trying to say goodbye - I asked can I just not pay the balance now?  She said okay - gave her credit card # - asked for an 0 balance invoice to be sent to me and it was.

So that was the good part.

2) asked to be transferred to Flights by Celebrity (FBC) and got an agent there as I figure I would ask about my airline refund that I still had not received after cancelling on Jan 7th.  (I have checked back periodically since then and was always told the refund was still pending).

I will condense but this second part had me on the phone FOR OVER 2 HOURS!!! I kid you not!

Off she goes to 'check' on status - I am on hold and she is off for a while - comes back tells me to hold some more (this goes on and off for the next 2 hrs)...  she finally comes back and says nope no refund for you?  HUH?  What do you mean?  I cancelled under Cruise with Confidence (CWC) and confirmed with the agent (Dominique) on Jan 7th when I cancelled that YES I was getting a refund to original payment and in fact she put me on hold called FBC asked about this and came back to say yes they were cancelling flights and a refund would be coming.

Now she is saying that is incorrect and that I would get vouchers for my Air Canada flights and I can use them....whoa - I say I DO NOT WANT VOUCHERS - i want my $$ back as promised and indicated.  She puts me on hold again...  comes back and then says AC denied my refund (??) and I will have to contact them.

I say no way - I paid my $$ to Celebrity and will not be calling AC about these vouchers which I don't want. (and yes I am getting a bit angry now)...  back on hold -then comes back to tell me she will give me the ticket numbers and then I have to call AC and ask for some 'waiver code' for an exception to get a refund - then call Celebrity and give them this code - and then they can refund?  So I ask is there any reason you would not call AC and get this waiver code?  ...and what if AC will not even give me this waiver code?  no good response. from agent...  then I ask for a supervisor.

I am upset because I booked 'new' flights for my March cruise and had I known (on jan 7th when I cancelled) that I was getting vouchers and not a refund I obviously would not have booked any flights and would have waited to rebook using the vouchers.  I tell her this (in between holds) and she understands this.

She now puts me on hold (total of about 1 hr) - coming back periodically to check saying she it talking to the ticketing office to see what they can do about cancelled flights vs new flights (which I can cancel up until feb 2nd/midnight with no penalty LOL)....and I am freaking out this whole time... super upset about how bad this is and why I had not been told any of this before.

I am being very patient (with hungry growling tummy at this point LOL) waiting for some resolution/information on the refund or cancellation or vouchers or waiver code.

At the almost 2 hour mark she finally comes back on yet again and says:  BECAUSE YOU CANCELLED UNDER THE CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE POLICY WE WILL BE REFUNDING YOUR AIRFARE TO YOUR CREDIT CARD!!!

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?  All this for nothing (just stressing me out, and adrenaline and anger coursing through me) - this is what I was originally told and this is what I explained to her over and over again (even telling her I understand that call was 'recorded' so please check for this - Jan 7th approx 8:30 - pm with Dominique to see what transpired)....and she kept insisting nope - no refund for you.

Until NOW - wow I was relieved but so upset that this was handled so poorly.  Now SUPPOSEDLY I am getting this refund - and should take 30-45 business days (maybe they are just trying to get rid of me? LOL - like that's going to happen).

All this to say this better be the freaking best cruise ever cuz so much heartache with various phone calls, issues, booking problems, no emails, no e docs - I have called them at least a dozen times and each time I have less and less confidence in what I am being told.

Sorry for the long rant - but at least it didn't take you 2 hours to read this ( I hope?)  LOL

10 hours ago, Froufie said:

WHAT A NIGHTMARE!  I continue to be shocked and disappointed at the piss poor customer service provided by Celebrity and flights as well.

1)  Called yesterday Jan 31 to ask about our FCC (cancelled Jan 19 cruise on Jan 7th including flights!) and rebooked for end of March and was provided with an extended final payment of Feb 2nd.  They told me FCC would be issued within 24 hours  - they lied LOL.  I call late this afternoon - and got them to check on it - they said it would be 'issued' I asked when - they asked if I got any emails - I said no.

Put me on hold - came back to say they were getting them issued - I said I would wait!  - back on hold - came back told me she had the FCC #s - I said can you not apply them now/immediately to the balance - she said okay ...back on hold.  She came back to say it was done - balance owing...  and trying to say goodbye - I asked can I just not pay the balance now?  She said okay - gave her credit card # - asked for an 0 balance invoice to be sent to me and it was.

So that was the good part.

2) asked to be transferred to Flights by Celebrity (FBC) and got an agent there as I figure I would ask about my airline refund that I still had not received after cancelling on Jan 7th.  (I have checked back periodically since then and was always told the refund was still pending).

I will condense but this second part had me on the phone FOR OVER 2 HOURS!!! I kid you not!

Off she goes to 'check' on status - I am on hold and she is off for a while - comes back tells me to hold some more (this goes on and off for the next 2 hrs)...  she finally comes back and says nope no refund for you?  HUH?  What do you mean?  I cancelled under Cruise with Confidence (CWC) and confirmed with the agent (Dominique) on Jan 7th when I cancelled that YES I was getting a refund to original payment and in fact she put me on hold called FBC asked about this and came back to say yes they were cancelling flights and a refund would be coming.

Now she is saying that is incorrect and that I would get vouchers for my Air Canada flights and I can use them....whoa - I say I DO NOT WANT VOUCHERS - i want my $$ back as promised and indicated.  She puts me on hold again...  comes back and then says AC denied my refund (??) and I will have to contact them.

I say no way - I paid my $$ to Celebrity and will not be calling AC about these vouchers which I don't want. (and yes I am getting a bit angry now)...  back on hold -then comes back to tell me she will give me the ticket numbers and then I have to call AC and ask for some 'waiver code' for an exception to get a refund - then call Celebrity and give them this code - and then they can refund?  So I ask is there any reason you would not call AC and get this waiver code?  ...and what if AC will not even give me this waiver code?  no good response. from agent...  then I ask for a supervisor.

I am upset because I booked 'new' flights for my March cruise and had I known (on jan 7th when I cancelled) that I was getting vouchers and not a refund I obviously would not have booked any flights and would have waited to rebook using the vouchers.  I tell her this (in between holds) and she understands this.

She now puts me on hold (total of about 1 hr) - coming back periodically to check saying she it talking to the ticketing office to see what they can do about cancelled flights vs new flights (which I can cancel up until feb 2nd/midnight with no penalty LOL)....and I am freaking out this whole time... super upset about how bad this is and why I had not been told any of this before.

I am being very patient (with hungry growling tummy at this point LOL) waiting for some resolution/information on the refund or cancellation or vouchers or waiver code.

At the almost 2 hour mark she finally comes back on yet again and says:  BECAUSE YOU CANCELLED UNDER THE CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE POLICY WE WILL BE REFUNDING YOUR AIRFARE TO YOUR CREDIT CARD!!!

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?  All this for nothing (just stressing me out, and adrenaline and anger coursing through me) - this is what I was originally told and this is what I explained to her over and over again (even telling her I understand that call was 'recorded' so please check for this - Jan 7th approx 8:30 - pm with Dominique to see what transpired)....and she kept insisting nope - no refund for you.

Until NOW - wow I was relieved but so upset that this was handled so poorly.  Now SUPPOSEDLY I am getting this refund - and should take 30-45 business days (maybe they are just trying to get rid of me? LOL - like that's going to happen).

All this to say this better be the freaking best cruise ever cuz so much heartache with various phone calls, issues, booking problems, no emails, no e docs - I have called them at least a dozen times and each time I have less and less confidence in what I am being told.

Sorry for the long rant - but at least it didn't take you 2 hours to read this ( I hope?)  LOL

I feel your pain! Similar experiences. We had a girlfriends cruise of 10 March 2020 which of course was cancelled and then 6 girlfriends for January cruise. I was the full planner for both. They wanted to try again so we are booked October 29 but said each person had to book their cabin. The one that said she is now retired would take over as planner ended in tears and a stress headache after trying and said they all have a new appreciation for what I did for them. 😀 good thing the onboard experience is great because the steps to get there can be a challenge. 

On 2/1/2022 at 6:12 PM, Froufie said:

Sounds like they manually processed your FCCs so you could apply to final payment.

Did you ever receive any email with the FCC #s?

I ask because I am waiting on an FCC that purportedly is currently in "process", and am wondering how reliable the email notification is, or whether I should be constantly calling to check?

I need the FCC to apply to my Feb 27 sailing, which is after final payment deadline but Celebrity agreed to keep the reservation active until my FCC issues.

I just came to say.... I was quite surprised when I got a $900 credit to my credit card for canceled Infinity cruise (Spain, Portugal).  Because I remember that it was an FCC from *last year's* Spain and Portugal cruise, also canceled, because of Covid.  So either my TA and I both remembered incorrectly or somebody at Celebrity just decided to be nice to me.

I will probably turn right around and use that $900 to book a Italy, Turkey, Greece cruise in Sep/Oct 2022.

2 hours ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Sounds like they manually processed your FCCs so you could apply to final payment.

Did you ever receive any email with the FCC #s?

I ask because I am waiting on an FCC that purportedly is currently in "process", and am wondering how reliable the email notification is, or whether I should be constantly calling to check?

I need the FCC to apply to my Feb 27 sailing, which is after final payment deadline but Celebrity agreed to keep the reservation active until my FCC issues.

Never got an email - but perhaps because I asked her to just apply them for me...  I would call and ask how you would be notified and/or ask them to send you something?