The Daily for Wednesday 01/12/2022

richwmn

I did a land trip to Italy with my GF and her DD Jan 2003. Three days in Florence, then took the train to Rome for 4 days. Pre-digital and I’m not sure where my pics are. 

Some things i remember: We had a wild taxi ride to Pisa, GF and DD visited the Colosseum and I went to the Sistine Chapel. We happened to be in Rome on a Sunday so we had to go to St. Peter’s Square when the Pope said Mass… he was like a rock star! Lots of people were holding up signs and cheering. It was fun!  Afterwards we had the best Chinese food near there (my GF said “no more paninis”). 

What really impressed me was that there were ruins all over the place and not one bit of graffiti. The citizens take pride in their history. 

• Like 20

@kazuSending prayers and hugs for you, Jose, Marley and Miko. 

@smitty34877Baby Camilla is a sweetheart.  Lovely picture.

We spent 1 1/2 days in Civitavecchia before boarding a TA.  Nice day of wandering and visiting churches and museums.  Totally shocked when we arrived at the port to find only 103 people were boarding there.

On another trip we spent several days in Rome after a cruise. We went to St. Peter's on Maundy Thursday. While we were there a procession of Cardinals walked thru to a chapel for a service, and then proceeded back after the service.  Interesting to see.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

@kazu oh Jacqui, my heart is breaking for you! This is more than any one person should go through. Not all three members of your household getting sick so close together!
 Could there possibly have been a new cleaning product or home repair that could have exposed all three of them to an unrealized toxin?

Prayers and strength for all four of you!

• Like 9

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks.  Sorry, things are not good in so many ways.

Our light snow turned into a nasty snow storm with risky roads and I got on them like an idiot to get Miko to the vet.  He’s staying overnight.

My life is going to Hell in a hand basket. 😔 😢 

🙏❤️ {{{hugs}}} ❤️🙏

8 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

I travel solo most of the time. I don’t go many places by myself at night (pre and post cruise), and on shore excursions I’m either on a HAL trip or if I’m just walking around a port city I try to stick to well-traveled areas. Sometimes I end up walking around with others I’ve met on the ship (tablemates, usually). Haven’t had any issues yet 😁

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sorry your firends canceled on you.  I know you'll still have a good time.  Glad your back is better.  BTW, hope you fail the text tomorrow.

Once I’m on the ship I’ll be fine. All my shorex are with the ship. Just a little concerned about NOLA since we were going to take walking tours (cemetery tour and garden tour), a swamp tour, Mardi Gras museum, and enjoy dinners and music at night. But maybe this isn’t the best time to be around non-bubble people. 
Just found out 2 more of our group cancelled. Went from 9 people to 3. All worried about covid or couldn’t find testing nearby. Half are concerned about flying in winter. But that’s OK. The 3 of us always have a great time. 😉

• Like 13

Sorry that so many are having health issues yourselves and among families and friends. And especially losing them. 
We have had many serious health problems in the family and among our friends the last few weeks. As if Covid wasn’t enough…….

@kazu, I am so sorry for all your problems, it really must be hell. Prayers for Jose to improve.

image.jpeg.52edc454aaf8bae7458224b90cdeccf6.jpeg

@smitty34877

Prayers for Tana.

On a happier subject, I love the photos of Miss Camilla. She is precious. My nephew and wife have a 7 month old girl and she brings us all much joy.

Sandy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1