Cruise with Confidence dates extended

Scots Caz

Good news for anyone that is maybe holding off on making bookings for 2022 post May (I am in that position)

Cruise with Confidence (previously for bookings made by end Jan for cruises up to end April 2022) has now been extended 

"covering any booking made by 31 March 2022, on any sailing departing before 31 December 2022"

"For any voyage sailing before 31 December 2022, you have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% of the amount paid in a Future Cruise Credit to be used for a new or existing Azamara booking departing on or before 30 June 2023. The credit must be applied toward the cruise fare by 30 June 2023."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, Scots Caz said:

Good news for anyone that is maybe holding off on making bookings for 2022 post May (I am in that position)

Cruise with Confidence (previously for bookings made by end Jan for cruises up to end April 2022) has now been extended 

"covering any booking made by 31 March 2022, on any sailing departing before 31 December 2022"

"For any voyage sailing before 31 December 2022, you have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% of the amount paid in a Future Cruise Credit to be used for a new or existing Azamara booking departing on or before 30 June 2023. The credit must be applied toward the cruise fare by 30 June 2023."

Thanks for this information.  Very helpful.

The bold portion is something new.  Might be worth a test at home if your insurance won't cover everything.

Liz

If I test positive for SARS-COV-2 right before my cruise, at the terminal, or on the cruise, what is your compensation policy and what associated costs are covered?
  • A 100% Future Cruise Credit will be provided for any guest who tests positive within two weeks of their sail date, as well as any members of their immediate traveling party who choose to cancel.
  • If you test positive for COVID-19 at the terminal, Azamara will cover travel change fees and accommodation expenses not covered by travel insurance, upon presentation of proof of a negative antigen or PCR COVID test prior to travel.  
  • If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, you will be entitled to either a partial or full FCC for the amount paid, depending on the situation. Azamara will also cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and flight change fees to return home for you and your Traveling Party. Guests must comply with travel requirements, health and safety protocols in order to be eligible for this reassurance.  

We encourage guests purchase travel insurance for added peace of mind and reassurance, either through Azamara or other insurance provider of your choice.

• Like 5

I also saw where CWC has been extended.  My issue is the final payment dates.  With final payment due 120 days out I will probably cancel our June cruise.  

We had planned another cruise on the same trip and some time in Germany in between.  As it stands now we would have to take (and pass) five COVID tests each to make our itinerary work.   This seems like too much of a risk this far out.

7 hours ago, radarcruiser said:

I also saw where CWC has been extended.  My issue is the final payment dates.  With final payment due 120 days out I will probably cancel our June cruise.  

We had planned another cruise on the same trip and some time in Germany in between.  As it stands now we would have to take (and pass) five COVID tests each to make our itinerary work.   This seems like too much of a risk this far out.

Ask to have final payment delayed.  Others have had this done for them.

• 2 weeks later...

So can I use this policy to cancel my sailing after final payment, but then re book same sailing, because the price went down?  I thought that the fine print said it did not apply after final payment. But then the main page states that I can cancel up to 48 hours before sailing  

3 minutes ago, tango9 said:

So can I use this policy to cancel my sailing after final payment, but then re book same sailing, because the price went down?  I thought that the fine print said it did not apply after final payment. But then the main page states that I can cancel up to 48 hours before sailing  

Why would you do that?  They have a best price guarantee.  Anyway I don’t believe it would work out for you as you have to wait for the fcc to be created in order to book a new cruise and it can take several weeks 

• 1 month later...

Quick question.  This is clear and I understand:  

Cancel My Cruise

Cancel any cruise (booked by March 31, 2022) that sets sail from now through December 31, 2022 and you’re covered. If you cancel at least 48 hours before the sail date by choosing the Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credit option, you will receive a Future Cruise Credit for 100% of the cruise fare paid to us that can be used through June 30, 2023 on any Azamara cruise scheduled to depart on or before June 30, 2023, or one year from the originally scheduled embarkation date of the guest’s cancelled cruise reservation, whichever is later,

But this I don't understand, namely starting with the second sentence:

If a guest does not opt-in to receive a CWC FCC, the cancellation policy tied to the guest’s reservation at booking will continue to apply. However, if a guest opts-in to receive a CWC FCC at a time when the booking is subject to cancellation charges that would otherwise have been less than 100% of total cruise fare, by opting in to receive a CWC FCC the guest agrees to become immediately subject to cancellation charges equal to 100% of the cruise fare paid to Azamara. By requesting a CWC FCC, the guest has cancelled his or her reservation and waives any right to receive any refund of the cruise fare paid, even if the sailing is later canceled. If a guest elects to receive a CWC FCC, or otherwise cancels his or her reservation, cancellation charges incurred by the guest on the reservation will not be waived or refunded for any reason, except as otherwise provided herein or required by applicable law.   

Can anyone please explain?  Thank you

Very tricky wording. My best guess is that if you cancel a cruise and opt to take FCC for it, once you use the FCC by booking another cruise, that booking will be bound by the usual cancellation charges. Also that if the cruise you cancelled and took FCC for  is later cancelled by Azamara, you cannot then change your FCC for a refund.

I’ll be interested to hear if others interpret this in the same way or have other thoughts about it.

• Thanks 1