Majority of Royal Caribbean Crew Stuck on “Plague Ships” are Symptomatic

I'm sure his spies aboard ship have transmitted to him the medical records of every plague-riddled denizen so he knows exactly how many are symptomatic.

Or he hasn't a clue and is fishing for clicks.

I don't know why everyone hates this guy so much.   Because he sues the cruise lines?   If suits are frivolous or unwarranted they get thrown out.    Is he anymore despicable than the lawyer who defends Prince Andrew,  Ghislaine Maxwell or Charles Manson?  Or the lawyer who defends a serial pedophile?   Lighten up.  If you were injured by the cruise line would you not sue because you love cruising so much?  Of course not.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why do I hate him? Maybe because he spouts things like the non-balcony cabins have "no fresh air" and are "breathing recirculated air from thousands of others" neither of which are true. Officers of the court are required to be truthful. He continually states things that are untrue, or twists their means of presentation to fit his agenda. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I also tend to not trust those who are not willing to stand up and acknowledge they are the source of information.  I believe that the red zone on the plans are for positives, whether symptomatic or not,  and the yellow for negative close contacts. 

Appreciate all your comments - I suspected that information was biased, and it seems this lawyer has a dim view of cruise companies and cruising in general.

We are headed out on Allure of the Seas next Saturday and looking forward to the recovered crewmembers back!

• Like 1

I won’t click on the link to read it.  That said, so what if, knowing they are positive, crew report they have minor symptoms such as a bit of a sore throat or runny nose or headache or such.   Transient, mild symptoms are not concerning.  And plenty of people (crew and others) are prone to psychosomatic symptoms.  I’m mostly concerned about severe illness and death.

Let me see.  Infected crew member from other that are not infected on ships that are more less dedicated for this purpose.  How is that bad thing?  The alternative is to keep on the ships that are now in general service and possibly infecting many more people (both crew and customers).

The alternate is to have them disembark the ship and place in hotels as they can't simply fly home.  The affect is the same.

Wondering if onboard staff is subject to HIPPA rules vs on-shore staff.

I look at the site often. I just don't think it is worthy of posting links here to it.  You have to consider the source. Very one-sided against the industry and I look at it personally that way. 

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, coaster said:

I look at the site often. I just don't think it is worthy of posting links here to it. Very one-sided against the industry and I look at it personally that way. 

I check this site rather often.  The tone is clearly hostile to the cruise industry, but the reporting on numbers of cases among crew has been helpful, I think.  The cruise lines have certainly not been very transparent in their reporting of cases on board.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gatour said:

Let me see.  Infected crew member from other that are not infected on ships that are more less dedicated for this purpose.  How is that bad thing?  The alternative is to keep on the ships that are now in general service and possibly infecting many more people (both crew and customers).

The alternate is to have them disembark the ship and place in hotels as they can't simply fly home.  The affect is the same.

Wondering if onboard staff is subject to HIPPA rules vs on-shore staff.

HIPAA does not apply to entities outside the US.

His numbers are not what I question. I think his sources are good. His narrative is questionable to me. Why I look at multiple websites to form my view of what is going on.

Edited by coaster

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Why do I hate him? Maybe because he spouts things like the non-balcony cabins have "no fresh air" and are "breathing recirculated air from thousands of others" neither of which are true. Officers of the court are required to be truthful. He continually states things that are untrue, or twists their means of presentation to fit his agenda. 

Or like others we know in the political realm, just believes if he repeats it enough someone somewhere will believe it....laziness IMHO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joeyancho said:

Is he anymore despicable than the lawyer who defends Prince Andrew,  Ghislaine Maxwell or Charles Manson?  Or the lawyer who defends a serial pedophile?   

Short answer?  Yes.

Why?  Because like it or not, no matter how heinous the crime or how obvious someone's guilt may be, the fact that the government still has to stand up in a court of law and convince a jury of that person's guilt is what separates our country from others.  

Don't like it?  Take it up with the founders who wrote the 6th amendment.

• Thanks 1