Princess Live Chat

sns1

I just used Princess Live Chat for the first time.  I logged in and was quickly connected.  The rep was easy to work with, answered all my questions and concerns, and offered options.  I was very leery to use this but had a wonderful experience. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I'm glad you had such a good experience with Princess chat. I've found the live chat functions on other websites to usually be very good and very helpful. But my experience with Princess' chat was a total bust. The only "help" I got there was the guy giving me the main phone number and telling me that I needed to call that. I was asking for help on a simple matter that should have been solvable through chat.

• Like 2

I have used the CHAT function several times.  Sometimes you have to click & close several times before you really get connected (at least in my experience) but once you do it generally goes well.  It can take longer to explain your concern or question because you are typing, but you'll generally wait MUCH longer on hold if you try to call in...so the net result is usually faster.

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

I'm glad you had such a good experience with Princess chat. I've found the live chat functions on other websites to usually be very good and very helpful. But my experience with Princess' chat was a total bust. The only "help" I got there was the guy giving me the main phone number and telling me that I needed to call that. I was asking for help on a simple matter that should have been solvable through chat.

That’s been my experience too. It’s a nice idea but the people don’t seem to have authority to do anything, just provide answers to questions. It you just have a question, then it’s worth it to try there first. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sns1 said:

I just used Princess Live Chat for the first time.  I logged in and was quickly connected.  The rep was easy to work with, answered all my questions and concerns, and offered options.  I was very leery to use this but had a wonderful experience. 

Where did you find the link?  The one on facebook doesn't work and don't see under contact on website.  Thanks.

I pulled it up on the Princess web site under Medallion.  It is listed at the very bottom middle of the page for you to click on.  I have used it three times and they were fantastic.  Solved my issues every time.

I've used it twice for two different Medallion App issues and, on the plus side, both times I was connected quickly to very pleasant customer service staff.  On the minus side, neither was able to help me after 40 minutes on call one and almost 2 hours on the second call.  . 

The minuses definitely outweighed the pluses. 

My experience mirrored Sea Hag's. I was told to call the 800 number. I gave up waiting and voiced my complaint through the online form. I'm still waiting for customer support to call me. It's only been 34 days.

7 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

Where did you find the link?  The one on facebook doesn't work and don't see under contact on website.  Thanks.

The Chat button is at the bottom of the princess.com home page. It is to the left of the Contact Us button.

image.thumb.png.9fea34a386c7cdaac33dd5e3406516aa.png

• Like 1

Just now, brisalta said:

The Chat button is at the bottom of the princess.com home page. It is to the left of the Contact Us button.

image.thumb.png.9fea34a386c7cdaac33dd5e3406516aa.png

I think it depends upon the browser you are using.

I have never had a chat button at the bottom of the Princess home page when using Firefox.  Other cruisers have had a similar problem and their recommendation to use Chrome worked perfectly.

10 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I think it depends upon the browser you are using.

I have never had a chat button at the bottom of the Princess home page when using Firefox.  Other cruisers have had a similar problem and their recommendation to use Chrome worked perfectly.

That is Firefox in the picture.

If you have "Site Privacy Protection" turned on in Firefox make an exception for princess.com to allow the Chat button to display.

If using an ad blocker you may need to make an exception for princess.com to allow the Chat button to display.

If you are using a VPN the Chat button might not display.

Edited by brisalta

13 hours ago, sns1 said:

I have used the Chat function a few times to refare. Very quick, efficient, and painless process.

@PacnGoNow - chat worked - unfortunately they couldn't assist me with post-cruise excursion refund issues for which I'd already filed.  I've tried via email on customerrelations@princesscruises.com which at least got me an acknowledgment response.

1 hour ago, Loveh2ofl said:

@PacnGoNow - chat worked - unfortunately they couldn't assist me with post-cruise excursion refund issues for which I'd already filed.  I've tried via email on customerrelations@princesscruises.com which at least got me an acknowledgment response.

Good to know. Thanks 

On 1/16/2022 at 7:04 AM, sns1 said:

I too had a good Princess Live Chat experience on the Majestic Princess recently. I used it several times and received responses within 2 minutes. It may have been that the ship only had 25% occupancy at 960 passengers and more crew than passengers. I decided to return to Majestic Princess again in a month and will probably have higher occupancy but I will still use the chat feature I am sure. 

On 1/19/2022 at 2:00 PM, sns1 said:

The chat feature on the Princess website

Thank you.  It really irritates me when I type all the information (with  a long question) and then when I hit the enter button or whatever it’s called and I get a message if they’re currently busy helping someone else.  Seriously?

On 1/16/2022 at 11:36 PM, brisalta said:

I have used the Chat function a few times to refare. Very quick, efficient, and painless process.

Refare , meaning when the price changes and you want the new price ?

If so , good idea . Wonder if this can be used when booked though a TA .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, richstowe said:

Refare , meaning when the price changes and you want the new price ?

If so , good idea . Wonder if this can be used when booked though a TA .

Yes refare when the price changes though sometimes the new lower fare is for new bookings only which can make life more complicated.

• Like 1