CPAP machine plug on Navigator OTS Junior Suite

binro01

Hi folks, the wife and I will be on the Navigator OTS in a Junior Suite on April 4th.

I use a CPAP machine and was wondering if there is a plug near by the bed that the device can be plugged in, if not, can I bring an extension cord? (Not a power strip) or do I have to make a request to special accommodations for an extension cord.

No plug by the bed...it's above the vanity. You could try to bring your own and it may be allowed or you can just ask your cabin steward and one will be provided also distilled water if you use it.

If they confiscate it it will be returned at the end of your cruise...so no worry about losing it.

• Like 1

My husband and I both use CPAP machines. On our last cruise, we needed an extension cord and a power strip (since we needed two outlets and there were none by the bed) as well as distilled water. Our cabin steward got all three for us as soon as we talked to him. It was very nice having the power strip since there were only two outlets in the cabin.

We emailed special needs beforehand. On some of our cruises, those items were waiting for us as soon as we get to the cabin.

2 hours ago, binro01 said:

Hi folks, the wife and I will be on the Navigator OTS in a Junior Suite on April 4th.

I use a CPAP machine and was wondering if there is a plug near by the bed that the device can be plugged in, if not, can I bring an extension cord? (Not a power strip) or do I have to make a request to special accommodations for an extension cord.

Years ago when I used a CPAP machine I always brought an extension cord and had no problem.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DarthGrady said:

I take my own extension cord and have never had a problem. I forgot it once and the steward brought me one right away, they're pretty used to guests having them by now. 

Yeah I'd say Hit and Miss, seen dozens Cords on Naughty Table but out of how many really. Know we are not supposed have them and SIL has had Royal confiscated his Ext Cord in Carry On as much as Checked Baggage which is about 50% time they find it. But when he keeps it with CPAP never a second look. 

2 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

Contact special_needs@rccl.com and request a cord for your machine.  

This is the best information and what we always do.

Just email them

Ship

Sail date

Stateroom Number

About two weeks before you sail.

This is what we always do and there I’d always an extension cord and distilled water waiting for us in our stateroom.

We have always found them to be excellent never had an issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

This is the best information and what we always do.

Just email them

Ship

Sail date

Stateroom Number

About two weeks before you sail.

This is what we always do and there I’d always an extension cord and distilled water waiting for us in our stateroom.

We have always found them to be excellent never had an issue.

Agree, further out send requests for Medical or Dining more likely lost. At 2-3 wks is recommended

You can also just call in to reservations.  They will add the remark BRG CPAP to your booking.  You will see it right under your name on the booking invoices. Doing this gets you an extension cord and gallon of distilled water in your room. It should be waiting for you, but sometimes the attendant doesn’t get the message in advance.  Easily fixed by just letting them know. 

9 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

You can also just call in to reservations.  They will add the remark BRG CPAP to your booking.  You will see it right under your name on the booking invoices. Doing this gets you an extension cord and gallon of distilled water in your room. It should be waiting for you, but sometimes the attendant doesn’t get the message in advance.  Easily fixed by just letting them know. 

This is what we do and they usually have a gallon of distilled water and extension cord in the room.  If it's not there when we get to the room I mention it to our room attendant and we've always had one by evening.  

• Like 1

I always keep an extension cord (no power strip) in my CPAP case.  DH & I both use a CPAP so we need 2 plugs.  The extension cord they give you has 1 plug.  I've been fine until October when they confiscated it.  However, my friend & I were on the Oasis & there was a plug in next to the bed so I didn't need an extension cord.  They gave me a receipt & I picked my cord up when we got back.  It looks like it depends on the port whether they confiscate or not.  My port was Port Liberty in Bayonne, NJ.

Filling out the special needs form on RCCL is best and you get a confirmation email in return. The distilled water and extension is ready and waiting for you in your stateroom. If it’s not , you can gently remind the stateroom attendant and it will be delivered on embarkation day. They all have the lists of special requirements. It has never been missed for my husband or brother.

I find that if you wrap the extension cord up with the appliance, it will likely go undetected (it looks like the machine's own power cord when going through security).  If you bundle it up separately, it's obvious that there's an extension cord there.  

(Some people need to bring a cord anyway for use in their hotel / Airbnb room the night before.)