Celebrity Air & Times are COMPLETELY WRONG

KellyMcB

26 minutes ago, KellyMcB said:

Just for reference, our original AA flights have never changed - not time wise or flight #.  So why would Celebrity's check in & their representative give me times that were hours off?  Why can't they change it, both in the app/website or my docs?  As anther poster pointed out, this is their business, they're making money from this, at the very least it should be a priority to fix the problem that so many have encountered.

I am very uncomfortable with the fact that if I go to AA website and enter my info. it tells me I have no future travel records.  If... I my TA uses the record indicator number - he can find it.  WT...?????

I'm sure I'll never find the reason or answer, I'll just have to keep checking, cross my fingers and toes and hope I have no problems.

X Air has great rates that were cost saving but if I'm going to have a problem at the airport (either way) than it's soooo not worth it.  IF it's just a computer glitch, PHEW, I  suppose I can handle that.

I have another cruise booked - European Sept. 2022 - and cruisers are raving about the better rates thru X Air. Why would I give X my Air business?   I'm not sure I'm going to risk it after this (but I haven't even board a plane or a ship yet! ha)

SIgned, 

Cautiously Optimistic 🙂  

Do you have a FF account with AA?  If you enter the AA record indicator you should be able to see you AA flights in AA.com.  Personally I would not trust anything that I can not confirmed directly with the airlines.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, KellyMcB said:

Just for reference, our original AA flights have never changed - not time wise or flight #.  So why would Celebrity's check in & their representative give me times that were hours off?  Why can't they change it, both in the app/website or my docs?  As anther poster pointed out, this is their business, they're making money from this, at the very least it should be a priority to fix the problem that so many have encountered.

I am very uncomfortable with the fact that if I go to AA website and enter my info. it tells me I have no future travel records.  If... I my TA uses the record indicator number - he can find it.  WT...?????

I'm sure I'll never find the reason or answer, I'll just have to keep checking, cross my fingers and toes and hope I have no problems.

X Air has great rates that were cost saving but if I'm going to have a problem at the airport (either way) than it's soooo not worth it.  IF it's just a computer glitch, PHEW, I  suppose I can handle that.

I have another cruise booked - European Sept. 2022 - and cruisers are raving about the better rates thru X Air. Why would I give X my Air business?   I'm not sure I'm going to risk it after this (but I haven't even board a plane or a ship yet! ha)

SIgned, 

Cautiously Optimistic 🙂  

Celebrity Air acts as a group TA.  They pretty much pass any and all savings on to you.  I get the huge commission of ZERO today when I sell an airline ticket.  

The problem for reservations is for example yesterday there were 4100 flights cancelled and almost 6000 changes in flight times.  It is crazy.  No possible way with covid for any TA to keep up with the changes.

You should be able to locate your flight information using your locater code.  It should be on your documents if your flight is in the next 60 days.  Are you Ticketed?  Doesn't sound like it.

• Like 1

I just booked another cruise for March 19 and booked flights online through Celebrity Air. The flights are through Delta and my Cruise Planner is now showing crazy flight times, just like my AA flight for next week. How do I find the locator code? I didn't get a confirmation email from Celebrity and I don't have access to my edocs yet.

12 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I just booked another cruise for March 19 and booked flights online through Celebrity Air. The flights are through Delta and my Cruise Planner is now showing crazy flight times, just like my AA flight for next week. How do I find the locator code? I didn't get a confirmation email from Celebrity and I don't have access to my edocs yet.

you phone flights by X and ask for it.  They can't give you a ticket # until paid in full but they will give you the locator code;  they will also email you a confirmation booking.  You can also receive an e-doc confirmation using the direct X phone number and follow the commands but that won't show the location #, just what you're paying for the flight(s).

Edited by Oceangoer2

12 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

you phone flights by X and ask for it.  They can't give you a ticket # until paid in full but they will give you the locator code;  they will also email you a confirmation booking.  You can also receive an e-doc confirmation using the direct X phone number and follow the commands but that won't show the location #, just what you're paying for the flight(s).

I already paid in full as final payment was going to be due tomorrow. but did not receive an email

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Celebrity Air acts as a group TA.  They pretty much pass any and all savings on to you.  I get the huge commission of ZERO today when I sell an airline ticket.  

The problem for reservations is for example yesterday there were 4100 flights cancelled and almost 6000 changes in flight times.  It is crazy.  No possible way with covid for any TA to keep up with the changes.

You should be able to locate your flight information using your locater code.  It should be on your documents if your flight is in the next 60 days.  Are you Ticketed?  Doesn't sound like it.

I know you're right - things are crazy for any TA right now.  I'm not implying it's anyone actual fault just makes it very stressful.  My locator #  wasn't working to connect to my AA record because I was signed in  to my AA account....and my flights didn't have my FF # attached to it.  Resulting in no future flights for me.  That was the problem with confirming that I had flights.  The times - for outboard and return are still off by 6 hours per X.  I can live with that though.

Thank you for your helpful advice! Much appreciated

On the flights that we booked for our March 13 cruise with X, they sent a confirmation listing everything except location#/airline confirmation number.  It actually looked quite different from what I ususally get. I called back direct with Flights and the person gave me the two number(AA and Delta) and I checked with the airlines and all is as it should be.  Not sure why we are seeing different flights on Celebrity's site.

Just a note: I tried calling Blue Chip for days and stayed on the line on hold at least one time for over 2-1/2 hrs.  I always pressed "2" for already booked questions.  I tried again yesterday and waited for 1-1/2iahrs and the I redialed but pressed "1" for new reservations and got pretty much right in. Interesting. 

21 hours ago, KellyMcB said:

I know you're right - things are crazy for any TA right now.  I'm not implying it's anyone actual fault just makes it very stressful.  My locator #  wasn't working to connect to my AA record because I was signed in  to my AA account....and my flights didn't have my FF # attached to it.  Resulting in no future flights for me.  That was the problem with confirming that I had flights.  The times - for outboard and return are still off by 6 hours per X.  I can live with that though.

Thank you for your helpful advice! Much appreciated

Are you saying that you were not able to add you AA to your account?  Did you click on add/search a flight under my flights and enter this information?  (Ignore the ticket number).

Unless I am mistaken, it works for me and I add my FF to the flight once I find it.

0FBF6619-A555-4BBA-B2A3-4DD900652440.png

Edited by jagoffee

On 1/16/2022 at 4:42 PM, KellyMcB said:

Booked my flights with Celebrity Air (through a TA) and when I checked my itinerary when I checked in for my cruise (35 days prior), the AA flight #s are

correct, as is my seat #s, but the TIMES are WAY OFF!  I checked the flight #s with AA directly and the times are what I originally thought they were (and not 

what X has on my docs.  I would have missed my flight if I didn't check this).  I called X Air, talked to a nice lady who checked it & agreed the times were incorrect but continued to tell me she could not change it

or send me new docs.  Instructed me to go to airport - based on AA times, not X times - and I would have no problem boarding my flights.

Has anyone done this, and done it without problem?

Should I be doing something else and not accepting her direction to ignore and go anyway?

Anyone who has prior experience in this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

At least you HAD flights!

Celebrity cancelled mine, didn't tell me, and worse yet, they still showed up in my cruise planner and wanted to CHARGE ME to fix it!  This for a flight under a month out. 

For whatever reason, our booking number changed in the middle of the summer (something to do with our group, I think, but that's unclear).  When they transferred our room to the new booking, they didn't transfer the flight.   Our old booking somehow showed as cancelled, so they cancelled the flight.

But, as I said above, I could still see the original flight info on the X website.  It was only when I went to Delta to get seat assignments, and Delta telling me I was crazy and had an invalid reference #, that I called Flights by Celebrity to sort it out.   

The agent figured out what had happened and booked us on the closest flights that were offered.  The current price was ~$20/ticket more than I had paid.  The rep had to refer it to a supervisor to match the old price since it was their fault and said I'd hear back in a week or two.

I heard back, but from my TA.  Not only did they want to continue charging me the extra $20/ticket, they ALSO tacked on a change fee!   Ummm.... YOU changed it!   My agent got the change fee removed, but they wouldn't budge on the $20.  I had to call them and reiterate that this wasn't my doing and they're not supposed to be charging me more.  40 minutes on the phone (and 3+ weeks since it started) and it was resolved.  

Wow, what a mess.

I checked mine as well. Celebrity Site has the right flight numbers, but the times are way off. I was in IT for 40+ years and I would guess, it's a programming issue with trying to determine the offset from GMT for each time zone. I'm in the Pacific Time zone which has an 8 hour difference from GMT. The times listed on the Celebrity Site are all off by exactly 8 hours They really need to step up their quality control.

FYI to everyone, AA and UA did a big update to flight times this weekend for April. So if you have flights on AA or UA in April you need to CHECK your flight times they may have changes. Flights scheduled for May and beyond are NOT set yet and I feel sure MANY will change as they get closer. 

Usually i'm very happy with Celebrity Air, use them all the time when cruising.....but.

I had just checked the flights i had recently booked on a Vancouver to Hawaii cruise.

the first leg was fine....went on Air Canada site, picked seats, all good. My return flight was on Air Alaska to Boston. Air Alaska had my name, but not assigned to any flight. Turns out Air Alaska cancelled my flight because Celebrity did not ticket it right away....which they never do, as this cruise is September of this year. I'm still waiting for a resolution because the flight prices have gone up significantly..

Word to the wise...check often

On 1/18/2022 at 2:45 PM, jagoffee said:

Are you saying that you were not able to add you AA to your account?  Did you click on add/search a flight under my flights and enter this information?  (Ignore the ticket number).

Unless I am mistaken, it works for me and I add my FF to the flight once I find it.

0FBF6619-A555-4BBA-B2A3-4DD900652440.png

Eventually, I added it but I had to do a basic search under my name, instead of, going in under my AA # (because the record had no connection to my aa # because it was linked).

Hope that makes some sense "/

On 1/18/2022 at 2:48 PM, D C said:

At least you HAD flights!

Celebrity cancelled mine, didn't tell me, and worse yet, they still showed up in my cruise planner and wanted to CHARGE ME to fix it!  This for a flight under a month out. 

For whatever reason, our booking number changed in the middle of the summer (something to do with our group, I think, but that's unclear).  When they transferred our room to the new booking, they didn't transfer the flight.   Our old booking somehow showed as cancelled, so they cancelled the flight.

But, as I said above, I could still see the original flight info on the X website.  It was only when I went to Delta to get seat assignments, and Delta telling me I was crazy and had an invalid reference #, that I called Flights by Celebrity to sort it out.   

The agent figured out what had happened and booked us on the closest flights that were offered.  The current price was ~$20/ticket more than I had paid.  The rep had to refer it to a supervisor to match the old price since it was their fault and said I'd hear back in a week or two.

I heard back, but from my TA.  Not only did they want to continue charging me the extra $20/ticket, they ALSO tacked on a change fee!   Ummm.... YOU changed it!   My agent got the change fee removed, but they wouldn't budge on the $20.  I had to call them and reiterate that this wasn't my doing and they're not supposed to be charging me more.  40 minutes on the phone (and 3+ weeks since it started) and it was resolved.  

WOW --- crazy story!!  I wish I had had a better experience but mine and examples like yours will result in me getting my own air from now on.  Celebrity needs to do some work on their Air Program, it's lacking in several ways!   Glad you got yours all sorted out and resolved though!

2 hours ago, cnkgirl said:

All my times for my cruise next week and my cruise in April were all messed up on the Celebrity planner but as of this morning they have all been fixed! 

They fixed the times on my flights as well, and now show I owe $1,000 on the cruise that was fully paid for last month. LOL

48 minutes ago, KellyMcB said:

Eventually, I added it but I had to do a basic search under my name, instead of, going in under my AA # (because the record had no connection to my aa # because it was linked).

How did you do this? We booked our flights on AA thru Celebrity but the AA website isn’t allowing us to put in our FF numbers or global entry information since tickets haven’t been ticketed yet.  We don’t fly until June.  Does that matter?

21 hours ago, KellyMcB said:

Yes, it does.  If you FF is not on the reservation  (I found that cA does not add it if if I give them the number) , you can add your FF and AA will remember it.

• Like 1

So, my husband and I decided to move our Mediterranean cruise to 2023, and take an Alaska cruise this summer (staying closer to home with all of the uncertainty, as we live in California).  I contacted our TA on Tuesday, and we spent several hours on the phone because of all of the issues with Celebrity Air, since we had to switch the flights from going to Venice in June to going to Seattle in August.  We had a deposit that we wanted to move to the Mediterranean 2023 cruise, and she couldn't do that - this was on the Beyond, so we *knew* that the cruise was going to happen (re: Infinity issues).  She figured it was a Celebrity website issue, and later was able to book us roundtrip on Alaskan Air (I'm a FF with American, and since Alaskan and American codeshare, I was planning to use points for any upgrades).  

After reading this, though, I'm worried about the August flight, since so much is still changing.  Everything looks good so far, but I guess I just have to wait it out?  I just know that it was an all-day affair just to book everything. 

On 1/19/2022 at 6:31 PM, CyberTag said:

How did you do this? We booked our flights on AA thru Celebrity but the AA website isn’t allowing us to put in our FF numbers or global entry information since tickets haven’t been ticketed yet.  We don’t fly until June.  Does that matter?

Your difficulty might be because you're too far out - traveling in June - I was able to complete it but I'm about a  month away (Feb. flight).  So I'm paid in full.   Maybe that makes a difference...?

On 1/18/2022 at 2:52 PM, sallyb said:

What will Celebrity do if your flights get cancelled or delayed? What if you don't make it to the ship on time? Will they fly you to the first port?

They will attempt to get you to your cruise on time.  They are obligated to do a "best effort".  Nothing more or less.  At that point is it somewhat up to you.  For some cruises the first port might be halfway through the cruise.  I probably would just stay home.  For others there will likely be restrictions regarding covid.  Thus one needs to be flexible.

Again, Celebrity acts as a consolidator and they are at the mercy of the airlines.  For even February it is impossible to give flight times or numbers because airline schedules are changing daily.  Hundreds cancelled and MOST changed.  Just like figuring out port call status, one needs to be patient when flying.  And ABSOLUTELY use the airline app for flight times and status.

3 hours ago, KellyMcB said:

Your difficulty might be because you're too far out - traveling in June - I was able to complete it but I'm about a  month away (Feb. flight).  So I'm paid in full.   Maybe that makes a difference...?

Thank you.  That’s what I’m thinking too.