Adventure of the Seas Interior Promenade Connecting Rooms?

Jcol5786

Looking at cruises for May 2022. We normally drive to NJ and have cruised on Anthem and Oasis. Those 7 day itineraries are always the same - PC, Coco Kay, Nassau so we are looking for something different. There is a 9 night on Adventure with a very nice itinerary but the pricing for balcony and ocean view are much higher then our normal balcony rooms on Anthem and Oasis. This has us considering an interior room. The interior promenade rooms look OK however the non-connecting room type is $100 pp more than the connecting. Are connecting rooms really that much nosier that a non-connecting is sold at a premium? Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

Are connecting rooms really that much nosier that a non-connecting is sold at a premium?

Up to you how much a potential noisy neighbor might bother you and how much you value a quiet cabin. BTW, those prices are likely to change.

Before covid it was all one category so just since restart was there even a choice of connecting and nonconnecting. I just had one but there was no one in the connecting cabin. Rcl has been keeping capacity lower though you cant count on it. My tv hardly worked, they said port days it works on liberty. .. lol so I didnt have noise. I think it was only $20 difference for me but I'm solo and didnt care. I was surprised how small they are, a bit smaller than a regular interior. Solo was great. Just be aware they arent huge. I could faintly hear xmas music about 3 am from the promenade, had one last dec.

We’ve had connecting staterooms when that was all that was left to book and only had them on a few occasions but honestly wouldn’t book them by choice.

Usually they have been good except for one occasion when the shouting was bad and the television was on so loud to the early hours.

We ended up calling guest services who immediately sent up security and all was sorted out in a couple of minutes.

Our December 2021 cruise on Adventure was a connecting and we did not notice any additional noise.  This was a balcony but no real difference otherwise. 

Do check the door is locked.  Ours was not when we boarded, simple call to housekeeping and they sent someone to lock it.

We have done a promenade view on Liberty and it was not a bad room,  just be aware that depending on location and if you like the curtains open for light people can sometimes see in.

I think the pricing of connecting vs nonconnecting varies by sailing depending on which has sold better.  If lots of connecting cabins remain, that price drops.  You do not know if you neighbor will be quiet or loud.  In covid times, you might not have a neighbor at all.  
also for noise, remember to check the deck plan to see what us below if you select deck 6.  Deck 6 is convenient and nice for people watching, but not so great if you are over a late night venue (unless you are all late night people who will be in some late night venue rather than in your cabin).  
I like these cabins  and liked the window seat.  I felt if was roomier than a regular inside cabin (maybe the layout did not work for the other poster).  You do have to close the drapes when you dress, of course.

Also, I do not know how many are in your party, but remember to check pricing for both connecting cabins; sometimes you catch a bargain.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I'm really on the fence about this cruise. While we love driving to NJ, doing a cruise and then spending a few days exploring NYC, I also enjoy the long drive to Florida and doing a cruise/visit down there. The drive however has started to feel long after the relatively short drive to NJ. We are also considering a B2B on Allure out of Fort L. This would be a 14 day total cruise with lots of ports we haven't been to. This cruise it is only $300 more for balcony rooms on both legs than the Adventure 9 day in a basic OV. The interior option on Adventure lowers the price somewhat but I love the idea of 14 days on an Oasis class ship but it does mean a long drive. Decisions, decisions. 

50 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

Thanks for the replies. I'm really on the fence about this cruise. While we love driving to NJ, doing a cruise and then spending a few days exploring NYC, I also enjoy the long drive to Florida and doing a cruise/visit down there. The drive however has started to feel long after the relatively short drive to NJ. We are also considering a B2B on Allure out of Fort L. This would be a 14 day total cruise with lots of ports we haven't been to. This cruise it is only $300 more for balcony rooms on both legs than the Adventure 9 day in a basic OV. The interior option on Adventure lowers the price somewhat but I love the idea of 14 days on an Oasis class ship but it does mean a long drive. Decisions, decisions. 

14 days in Oasis class balconies for only $300 more than 9 days in Adventure (even in a balcony, much less an OV) is a good deal if you don't mind the drive. May weather up here is usually okay, but you'll definitely get pool days right from the start going out of FL vs Cape Liberty.