Existing protocols extended indefinitely

nlktx49

10 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

You won't get them if you have something booked during the offer period(s). I've seen it reported that folks who canceled upcoming cruises have then received much lower prices afterwards, some within a few days or even the next day. It has caused some to rebook and take the chance. I did notice that they send offers that are valid (for me anyways) only for those periods in between currently book cruises.

It seems they are targeting for folks that can drive to the cruise ports and that want to take shorter cruises. Pack and go local options. They have locals offers for the cheapest rates, even cheaper if you let them pick the cabin within a category. This helps them out by limiting air travelers quarantine issues as people who drive to the ports can simply drive home without needing ancillary services and costing the lines money in the event passengers catch covid.

Shorter cruises also reduce onboard cases since most who catch covid will be done with their cruise if it's shorter 3 or 4 day. Makes sense fiscally IMO and is a smart move. Couple that with the cheaper $10 port-side tests and it makes less of a hassle for cruisers and reduces their need for costly ancillary services: hotel stays, food, airline change fees, reimbursements etc. Win-win for both parties.       

Ok so its not the "norm" and is very targeted pricing.  So I wonder why all the comments from folks about Carnival not being able to sustain itself then if its an extremely targeted audience that gets those type of offers.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kdr69 said:

Ok so its not the "norm" and is very targeted pricing.  So I wonder why all the comments from folks about Carnival not being able to sustain itself then if its an extremely targeted audience that gets those type of offers.  

There were a lot of them. It's true. A lot of people drive to the cruise ports and have received these offers. I even got $10 offers out of FL and other ports so it isn't strictly limited to local ports. It was also blasted across many forms of social media, along with the many reports of cancellations and ships being empty. Free cruises catches peoples attention but most of those are to fill ships so there is a correlation, though generally they are for immediate upcoming cruises. These are great opportunities for those worried about bankruptcy of the lines, you get great pack-and-go rates and just pay for the cruises as you want them, instead of booking way ahead and potentially having money tied up if things don't improve. I'm sure those that are paying full freight are a little bitter about all the fire sales being shared by others as well.    

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I've seen it reported that folks who canceled upcoming cruises have then received much lower prices afterwards, some within a few days or even the next day. It has caused some to rebook and take the chance.

Exactly our experience a few months ago.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

i think i only saw two offers for 25 dollar cruise over a three week period last year.  Since then all of my offers have been standard offers that just keep getting rolled over to a new expiry date.  I would be really interested to know how many people actually have these offers still coming in and if they are the "predominant pricing" out there or if its just being interpreted by those that do have them that its what Carnival is giving everyone.  

I would like to also see how many have decided to cancel their upcoming cruises.  We just booked on Monday the 17th for Feb 23.  We did not have any deals other than they typical one seen on tv/internet.  As of right now, we are going to keep our cruise booked.....fingers crossed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bamaone said:

After Omicron, if no other variant exist, why not end all changes and get back to normal?

There is NO after Omicron.....it's an endless wheel....Omicron followed by MegaTron, followed by QuadraCom...yadda, yadda. Booster #1 followed by Booster #2, ...you know the drill.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Despite the hijacking by others,

Existing protocols extended indefinitely

I think there are very different interpretations of the word "indefinitely" there is "indefinitely" like death and taxes and there is "indefinitely" like "until we decide to change the rules back"....IMO it only means for as long as it serves their interest and if by the grace of God this goes away in the next few months so will sip/cover etc....

Similar to how many consider the term "till death do us part" ...to some thats a lifetime, to others that a few months....

Edited by famof4togo
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, topaz123 said:

There is NO after Omicron.....it's an endless wheel....Omicron followed by MegaTron, followed by QuadraCom...yadda, yadda. Booster #1 followed by Booster #2, ...you know the drill.

Yes. There will never be the old normal again and protocols will continue indefinitely. Indefinitely could be 1 month, 6 months, maybe forever.

1 hour ago, bandjwayne said:

I would like to also see how many have decided to cancel their upcoming cruises.  We just booked on Monday the 17th for Feb 23.  We did not have any deals other than they typical one seen on tv/internet.  As of right now, we are going to keep our cruise booked.....fingers crossed.

Same here.  Would also be interesting to see how soon CCL sends one of those rock bottom deals to those who cancel upcoming cruises!  I would do it for our  April cruise, but with my luck the price would go UP when trying to re-book - LOL!!! 

This thread has been entertaining for sure.  Also informative. I just hope the testing requirement is dropped sooner than later.  Fine, I'll wear a mask, but the testing is just annoying IMHO.  Happy cruising to you guys!! 😃

• Like 1