FCC timeline ???

My apologies for a repeated question Im sure....but we just had our Jewel of the Seas Cruise cancelled in January. We chose the FCC and would like some folks experiences on typically how long this took to be sent from Royal? Thank you for the help.

22 minutes ago, porthole21 said:

My apologies for a repeated question Im sure....but we just had our Jewel of the Seas Cruise cancelled in January. We chose the FCC and would like some folks experiences on typically how long this took to be sent from Royal? Thank you for the help.

Policy is 30-45 days but it can take longer.

If your TA booked you in a group, it will take longer, as all of the groups need to be processed manually.  

Otherwise, give them a call after 30 days.  Sometimes they have been created but just not sent out.  Sometimes they just haven’t been done, and need to be manually pushed through. 

I just called guest relations today regarding the residual FCC for a certificate I applied Dec 21st.  The agent thanked me for letting them know about the problem, and escalated the situation.  He said I can expect the new FCC within 72 hours. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JsMom2 said:

I just called guest relations today regarding the residual FCC for a certificate I applied Dec 21st.  The agent thanked me for letting them know about the problem, and escalated the situation.  He said I can expect the new FCC within 72 hours. 

So I guess it's our responsibility to keep them honest.

• Like 1

My question is how long into the future is a FCC good if it is from a nonrefundable deposit for a cruise cancelled by me?  Is it a year from the day it is cancelled? Is it a year from when the cruise was scheduled to sail?  Thanks for your help.

We cancelled under CWC end of December and ours took about 3 weeks (and rest refunded).

On a separate note, the refund part was a pure puzzle as the way they split the numbers was so strange.  Took a lot of analyzing to figure out that we had everything returned.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:35 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Policy is 30-45 days but it can take longer.

For a while a few months back when things were more stable, some were being issued in a week or two.  Now with things rather hectic again, the 30-45 days would likely be more realistic.  But should be better than a year ago!

Things are worse from a year ago.

Just a few minutes ago I received an email with FCCs from a cruise that Royal canceled (not me). First problem is that it was supposed to be a refund, not FCC. Second problem is that it is $200 short of what we paid (deposit). Third problem is that we requested the refund in October and it is just now that we are getting anything. Fourth problem is that I have already made five calls and spent hours on the phone with them.

I can't help thinking that they are playing games. I am dreading yet another call to sort this out. Maybe $200 isn't worth any more of my time.

I FINALLY got an FCC today, after begging for it for about 3 months.  I cancelled a cruise on 9/2/21, and it took until today for them to have the FCC # so I could apply it to a cruise with a final payment date a week from now!

Not only did it take 5 months to get it, but the amount changed every time I called.  It was supposed to be $350, called and it was $250, argued and it was $350, called today and it was issued for $450.  

I agree with the previous poster:  we have to keep track ourselves.

Thank you to the poster about group bookings taking longer.  I think my bookings through the TA I use are considered group bookings.  

At least I don't have to be concerned for a while:  the next final payment isn't until the middle of March.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1