Anthem January 20th Semi -Live

Are the bars allowing people to sit at the bar itself?  Or just at tables in the bar area?  I had someone mention in group I am in for our sailing they have heard you can't sit at the bar?  

Is Johnny Rockets open for breakfast - or just lunch/dinner?  

2 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Are the bars allowing people to sit at the bar itself?  Or just at tables in the bar area?  I had someone mention in group I am in for our sailing they have heard you can't sit at the bar?  

Unfortunately, Johnny Rockets Express on Anthem does not open for Breakfast - only lunch and dinner.     I'm not sure what they are doing on the current sailing but I was on the sailing prior to this one Jan 9th thru Jan 20th and it was the 2nd or 3rd night they stopped allowing people to sit at the bar.     The first night that was done everyone just stood at the bar with their masks off drinking but then they stopped that and told everyone they could only get their drink at the bar and had to move along.     

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Unfortunately, Johnny Rockets Express on Anthem does not open for Breakfast - only lunch and dinner.     I'm not sure what they are doing on the current sailing but I was on the sailing prior to this one Jan 9th thru Jan 20th and it was the 2nd or 3rd night they stopped allowing people to sit at the bar.     The first night that was done everyone just stood at the bar with their masks off drinking but then they stopped that and told everyone they could only get their drink at the bar and had to move along.     

Thanks, I thought that might have been the case with Johnny Rockets - my husband really liked getting breakfast there on the Oasis class ships.  But WJ will certainly be fine or the dining rooms.  Hopefully some things will change between now and March, but who knows.  Can't really tell if this will get better or worse.  

1 minute ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Thanks, I thought that might have been the case with Johnny Rockets - my husband really liked getting breakfast there on the Oasis class ships.  But WJ will certainly be fine or the dining rooms.  Hopefully some things will change between now and March, but who knows.  Can't really tell if this will get better or worse.  

We always enjoy Johnny Rockets as breakfast option too.     I am not sure why they don't ever do breakfast option on Anthem.        We did a 11 night sailing and did WJ for breakfast all but 1 day in the MDR.    I really enjoy the staff serving the food at the WJ.  I think it is much better than the self-serve pre-covid.   

We will back onboard for b2b march 20th and march 27th sailing.    Wish it was a more exciting itinerary but we are bring our son and his fiance for their first cruise and she is really nervous about it.

On 1/26/2022 at 9:37 AM, 3kidsncats said:

I've been here several times, but first time on Royal.  Although back in the day (ie, 30 years ago 😬) we were docked at Havensight next to the then reigning queen, Monarch of the Seas.  Our little Seaward looking like a toy, and we dreamed of sailing on a ship like the Monarch, lol.

MS Seaward was my second cruise in 1993 and was disappointed after sailing on the Sovereign of the Seas the previous fall.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

There has been no seating allowed at the bars the entire cruise, as far as I know (ie, I’ve only seen notices on the bar stools that they aren’t available).  

I missed the official announcement, but grapevine says we are diverting off our original path back to NJ to avoid the storm.  Our new plan will have us in waves of only 12 feet.  I was told original trajectory will be in the 30s 😳.  Already starting to feel a bit of motion and sounds of things (dishes?)crashing in cabins nearby which is weird because it’s not that much motion yet.  They did cancel the theater shows for tomorrow due to expected weather conditions (and seasickness bags have been appearing on railings around the ship).  Hubby and I decided to take some bonine tonight even though we aren’t usually bothered by motion.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

I missed the official announcement, but grapevine says we are diverting off our original path back to NJ to avoid the storm.  Our new plan will have us in waves of only 12 feet.  I was told original trajectory will be in the 30s 😳.  Already starting to feel a bit of motion and sounds of things (dishes?)crashing in cabins nearby which is weird because it’s not that much motion yet.  They did cancel the theater shows for tomorrow due to expected weather conditions (and seasickness bags have been appearing on railings around the ship).  Hubby and I decided to take some bonine tonight even though we aren’t usually bothered by motion.  

This is a major storm, intensifying fast. But it’s also a fast mover.

2 minutes ago, exm said:

This is a major storm, intensifying fast. But it’s also a fast mover.

Yes, I have been checking the news/weather sites. The motion has definitely picked up noticeably in the last 30-60 minutes, but still in a soothing rocking stage,  imo.  But I tend to like a bit of motion.  Will I like as much as we may get? Don’t know but it is what it is 😬

7 minutes ago, exm said:

Hi! Good to see you guys. Opened this thread since we will be on Anthem 3/13 and 1/16 next year. Enjoy your cruise!

😊 hopefully you have as great a time as we have had.  Not sure it could surpass Adventure (we so loved that trip) but it’s a wonderful ship with an outstanding crew

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

😊 hopefully you have as great a time as we have had.  Not sure it could surpass Adventure (we so loved that trip) but it’s a wonderful ship with an outstanding crew

Our first cruise of any kind was on Anthem a few years ago.  We were blown away by everything but were wondering if it was just because it was our first time on a ship.  Seems that it's the former, everyone loves that boat and loves the crew just as much.  I'm so excited to be going back on board.

Safe travels, I hope they're able to steer around this mess for you guys.  We're expecting 2 ft in the hills of Wormtown...

• Like 1

Just saw the adjusted route clip by James Van Fleet — not surprisingly the grapevine noted higher swells than our original track will actually have — he says between 20-23 foot swells on our original track will be avoided with our more westerly progress, turning north closer to the coast. We are looking at 9-12 foot swells on Saturday with calmer seas on Sunday afternoon.  

1 hour ago, 3kidsncats said:

Yes, I have been checking the news/weather sites. The motion has definitely picked up noticeably in the last 30-60 minutes, but still in a soothing rocking stage,  imo.  But I tend to like a bit of motion.  Will I like as much as we may get? Don’t know but it is what it is 😬

Time to Triple up on Desserts

11 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

I also loved the Adventure sailing. You did B2B right? How’s the ship occupancy on Anthem? Did I read somewhere it’s your birthday during this sailing? If so, happy birthday! Next year I will be turning 50 on 1/16 and I will be celebrating that on-board the Anthem (11 days trip). Our upcoming 3/13 Anthem sailing is more of a last-minute decision. We have been on Anthem before in 2018, it’s a lovely ship.

Oh, and our entire family just recovered from COVID (was more like a cold for the adults and a low fever for the kids), so I am no longer paranoid about positive tests 😄

Greetings from a very snow NY. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mets123 said:

How many ports did you actually stop at?

4 — Sint Maarten, Antigua, St Thomas, and St Kitts.  All stops as planned at start of sailing, although San Juan was dropped well before embarkation, and St Thomas added in place of St Lucia about 10 days before we sailed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exm said:

I also loved the Adventure sailing. You did B2B right? How’s the ship occupancy on Anthem? Did I read somewhere it’s your birthday during this sailing? If so, happy birthday! Next year I will be turning 50 on 1/16 and I will be celebrating that on-board the Anthem (11 days trip). Our upcoming 3/13 Anthem sailing is more of a last-minute decision. We have been on Anthem before in 2018, it’s a lovely ship.

Oh, and our entire family just recovered from COVID (was more like a cold for the adults and a low fever for the kids), so I am no longer paranoid about positive tests 😄

Greetings from a very snow NY. 

Yep, we did a B2B on Adventure (1st leg when you were also onboard).  Anthem is at roughly 1860 (grapevine, not official notice that I’m aware of).  Feels “crowded” to me after Adventure (we had under 500 the second leg of that trip).  Most of the crowded areas are the pool and solarium, everywhere else feels under populated.  

and yes, I celebrated 55 in St Kitts 😊— it was a fantastic way to celebrate. My brother wants to take us on a cruise, so looking at booking something early next year—I think he would love Anthem 😉

I bet it is a bit of a relief to have had and recovered from Covid —at least for a while you can feel pretty relaxed going out and about.  Glad to hear you all had mild cases.  So far, as far as we know, we have not yet had our turn.  

We hope to enjoy a bit of snow in Manhattan on Monday — we don’t fly home until Tuesday 🙂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

We had a super fun day in St Kitts yesterday-- one of my best birthdays ever 😊

We took the Capitol tour and Beach Splash with Thenford Gray tours.  Since the four of us were the only people on this tour, it essentially was a private tour.  The beach we went to was not my favorite (Reggae Beach) but we still had a great time.  One of the issues we had there was trying to order and they were out of a lot of options.  We chalked it up to the supply issues that are pretty much everywhere, and possibly financial challenges of expending on supplies when it's iffy whether ships can dock. 

One of the stops was a house and garden that has been opened to the public (Amory family) -- really pretty venue.  

7CA4B794-90D2-4BA5-8C09-0A85EBEEC748.jpeg

2795BC6D-5018-408F-9F8C-2FBEBEED3C3B.jpeg

DC071837-6EDF-4B0A-92A6-0784508CF431.jpeg

28B4589F-7A0E-42C9-B11C-A8A7164BA96D.jpeg

A2FCEAA6-7FB7-40CB-A8BE-37783BC9FB98.jpeg

076BEABB-342F-44F6-9DD2-36AE7E5E2044.jpeg

AE448331-6E3A-4C6B-8B61-F41C7EC65241.jpeg

850F250A-70AF-41B2-ABB6-4C79DFEA4431.jpeg

Beautiful pictures!!

• Thanks 1

Happy Belated Birthday!    Always nice when you can enjoy at one of the islands.    

How is the weather where you are today?     

Our return home on Jan 20th we stayed easterly to avoid large swells that were closer to the coast.   It almost looked like we were headed to Bermuda.   

Edited by Sunshine3601

I was on the NCL Gem 4 years ago (almost to the day); we returned to NYC from the Caribbean a couple of weeks after the so-called "boom cyclone" that the NCL Breakaway went through the middle of (google it if you haven't seen it).

We had very rough seas (nothing like the Breakaway); I had an OV cabin up front on Deck 9, the waves would splash up higher than my window.  Some friends who were on Deck 4 talked about when the ship dipped, their window would be briefly underwater.  It was really rough for a couple of days.

Surprised the Captain isn't delaying Anthem's arrival on Monday. Seen several videos on FB of the rough seas today and it looks very bad. Nobody is walking around the ship. WWRY is cancelled tonight. The blizzard that came through today was really bad. Parts of NJ saw over a foot of snow and 70mph wind gusts. I know it's typically rough seas when passing by the Carolinas and having been on ten cruises out of Bayonne I'm aware of how rough it can be, but these look extremely rough. Hope everyone is safe and makes it home alright.

1 hour ago, toad455 said:

I know it's typically rough seas when passing by the Carolinas and having been on ten cruises out of Bayonne I'm aware of how rough it can be, but these look extremely rough

Not really and it cleared out fairly quickly. Anthem is well behind the storm. 

• Like 1

We’re supposed to be on next one January 31 but canceled covid19 immune system compromised etc. But very interested in activities level onboard Anthem now.
Any Zumba live bands dancing?

Quest?

Theme parties in seaplex?

Dancing by pool with live music?

Thanks so much. Can’t wait to cruise again.