Move up question - travel companions didn't receive offer

L75317

Assistance appreciated because I'm having no luck searching for this: We received a move up offer yesterday for a March Reflection sailing. Our friends did not. We want to bid on Aqua. They called Celebrity today and our travel agent, but neither had a good explanation as to why they didn't receive it and said that they should just keep checking. Is there any rhyme or reason to this? We've been on many Celebrity sailings, but they haven't. Is that why? We understand that even if we both bid to upgrade to Aqua we might not get it, but it would be nice if they had a chance. Is the offer to bid purely random? Thank you! 

No idea why you received your move up bid invitation early (outside of 21 days).  Just a thought, though.  Some TAs participate in the move up program, and others do not (for reasons I do not understand).  So if you and your friends have different TAs, this could also be a reason.

Tom & Judy

If your friends are booked  with a TA that doesn’t participate in Move then they will not be able to bid.  
Why you got a bid this early is anyone’s guess, but don’t be surprised if you get another offer to bid when you are 21 days from sailing.  

If I were  traveling with friends or family that I want to dine with or have cabins close together I wouldn’t participate in Move Up, particularly if it meant changing dining rooms.  Blu is the dining room for Blu and the main reason folks book Aqua. Your bid could be accepted and your friends bid not and then you would be in separate dining rooms.  They couldn’t join you in Blu and while you probably could join them in the MDR some nights, why pay more for AQ if you won’t want to dine without your friends.

2 hours ago, L75317 said:

Assistance appreciated because I'm having no luck searching for this: We received a move up offer yesterday for a March Reflection sailing. Our friends did not. We want to bid on Aqua. They called Celebrity today and our travel agent, but neither had a good explanation as to why they didn't receive it and said that they should just keep checking. Is there any rhyme or reason to this? We've been on many Celebrity sailings, but they haven't. Is that why? We understand that even if we both bid to upgrade to Aqua we might not get it, but it would be nice if they had a chance. Is the offer to bid purely random? Thank you! 

just take the bid already if you have it and want to move up, I always book suites, but when travel with friends I don't need to spend every minute with them

Edited by LGW59

Also check to see if it is cheaper just to upgrade your cabin to Aqua with your travel agent. I read a post on here that someone got a suite cheaper than the minimum bid for a suite. That way you both could get in an Aqua class together. If you get the move up and they don’t they will not be able to dine with you in Blu.   

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, VikingRob said:

Also check to see if it is cheaper just to upgrade your cabin to Aqua with your travel agent. I read a post on here that someone got a suite cheaper than the minimum bid for a suite. That way you both could get in an Aqua class together. If you get the move up and they don’t they will not be able to dine with you in Blu.   

Thank you! We have the same TA so we will check the price with him.

We just received a move up bid for our 2/14 cruise.

We are not putting in an offer because if we had wanted the type of cabin for which we can bid, we would have booked one initially and picked the cabin we wanted.

I also suspect that as I am aware that cabin we booked is now in the area that particular ship sometimes uses for quarantine, we could end up biding and paying extra for a cabin type that we would be moved to if our booked cabin is designated a quarantine cabin on our cruise.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:50 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Assignments are made starting with the highest bid (over the minimum) and going down the list until.no more cabins available.

Just remember you might not be able to change your assigned cabin and could be far away from your companions 

I'm curious as to where you got the information on how MoveUp bids are accepted? My understanding was that it was more complicated than just the bid, but rather the whole value of how much you have already paid for your existing cabin with the bid, plus a captains club status effect. 

No idea what the criteria is on which bids get accepted.  I guess if you knew that you would be quite successful with the program.   All I know is I have some killer deals and then some repriced at pretty much current rates.  The min bids for each have been very consistent (High).

The Move Up process seems to be problematic these days.  Submitted a bid on Jan. 14th for each week of our Feb. 12th B2B cruise. (Went directly to X's sight, not through an email invite to do so.) Decided I wanted to keep the original front facing OV on 8 for week 1 so clicked on the Cancel/Modify button that was in my receipt email from Celebrity.  It takes me to my Move Up bid info but there is nowhere to cancel or modify anything.  Still have not heard received a denial nor acceptance.  

1 hour ago, iluvthe-c said:

The Move Up process seems to be problematic these days.  Submitted a bid on Jan. 14th for each week of our Feb. 12th B2B cruise. (Went directly to X's sight, not through an email invite to do so.) Decided I wanted to keep the original front facing OV on 8 for week 1 so clicked on the Cancel/Modify button that was in my receipt email from Celebrity.  It takes me to my Move Up bid info but there is nowhere to cancel or modify anything.  Still have not heard received a denial nor acceptance.  

If you cannot modify or cancel the bid but the bid shows "pending", you have won the bidding. You may not be notified until 3-5 days prior to the cruise.

On 1/27/2022 at 8:27 PM, L75317 said:

Thank you for the link. Can't submit a bid because the sailing is more than 21 days out. Strange we got the chance to bid now. 

Not true.  Our Cruise is 57 days out and the bidding has already started.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:27 PM, L75317 said:

Thank you for the link. Can't submit a bid because the sailing is more than 21 days out. Strange we got the chance to bid now. 

I suspect that someone may have entered the required information incorrectly.  Glad their TA straightened it out.