Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

56 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Thank God, we are not prone to motion sickness so never had the problem except one time on the old Splendor of the Seas.  The rolling and rockin didn't bother us, but Todd had to lead me down the hallway with my eyes closed and holding my nose shut because of the barf in the floor...isch, I know TMI, but Henry was doing overtime on that cruise.  People at breakfast the next morning were all saying how they'd never cruise again!  Funny.

That's funny that some think just because it was rough sailing that they would never do it again. We have been on 21 cruises so far and once back about 20 years ago on a smaller Carnival ship there were 20-25 foot seas for one day. It was rough, but sometimes the weather does not cooperate. We were fine, but a lot of people were not liking it.

• Like 1

Hello!  We are on the Feb. 26 sailing and will be following your adventures.  Thank you so much for posting.  We are trying to decipher all of the abbreviations that are used and have figured out most of them but what does LA stand for?  We are D+ but haven't booked suites.  We usually visit the Diamond Lounge for cocktail hour. 

Have a great cruise!

Bonnie and Dave

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 8:09 PM, LATTELOVE said:

Thank you.

I'm working on changing it, just can't find a place closed by.

I'll keep on trying other options.

Yes, I'm doing the same thing trying to find a testing spot in Ft. Lauderdale.  Our ship leaves one the 13th, we arrive in FT. Lauderdale on the 11th so test must be done on the 11th or 12th.  What I've seen so far is that a test can only be booked out 3 days in advance.

8 minutes ago, BonnieJB said:

Hello!  We are on the Feb. 26 sailing and will be following your adventures.  Thank you so much for posting.  We are trying to decipher all of the abbreviations that are used and have figured out most of them but what does LA stand for?  We are D+ but haven't booked suites.  We usually visit the Diamond Lounge for cocktail hour. 

Have a great cruise!

Bonnie and Dave

LA is Loyalty Ambassador.

His name is Alan

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lwuest said:

Yes, I'm doing the same thing trying to find a testing spot in Ft. Lauderdale.  Our ship leaves one the 13th, we arrive in FT. Lauderdale on the 11th so test must be done on the 11th or 12th.  What I've seen so far is that a test can only be booked out 3 days in advance.

I don't know if this helps, but the CVS really near the Port is quite active in testing for cruisers (although we have not done so directly) and they offer the 'same day Rapid Testing Results' per their website (and they are a cruise partner with certain lines).

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/clinic-locator/fl/fortlauderdale/specialty/covid-19-testing-3285.html

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

There were some jolts. I tried to avoid head on collisions. My tactic was to do donuts, then sideswipe Laura

We went on the bumper cars on another cruise and after standing in line for three rotations, when it was my turn my car ran out of battery juice immediately and my car just sat there...grrrrrr.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

I don't know if this helps, but the CVS really near the Port is quite active in testing for cruisers (although we have not done so directly) and they offer the 'same day Rapid Testing Results' per their website (and they are a cruise partner with certain lines).

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/clinic-locator/fl/fortlauderdale/specialty/covid-19-testing-3285.html

Thank you so much!!!!

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Here is my go round with  IFly.....My wife was filming it and couldn't stop laughing at me.  🙂

https://fb.watch/aRyChvNZaK/

You did good!   I chickened out on our last sailing on Anthem.    Maybe I will do on our March sailing when we have our son and fiance with us as they really want to do it. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Here is my go round with  IFly.....My wife was filming it and couldn't stop laughing at me.  🙂

https://fb.watch/aRyChvNZaK/

You did really good.  👍

I used to 'attempt' to do the Flow Rider on the board and the only one in the grandstand laughing loudly and unabashed and filming was my wife.  😲

Then I anticipated revenge on the iFly (she wouldn't do Flow Rider at all).  She doesn't work out, have any tone, etc. and didn't even want to do it.  Said she had been having bad dreams about it for weeks.  Then, she was picked first, was calm, collected and aired balanced, beautiful and long.  🙁

I did awful.  Too tense.  Bounced around in there like an popcorn in an air popper.  🤕  Got better as we did it over and over as there were no lines at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonnieJB said:

We went on the bumper cars on another cruise and after standing in line for three rotations, when it was my turn my car ran out of battery juice immediately and my car just sat there...grrrrrr.

That kinda happened to us. I'm slow, so I got last car and ot was dead. Had to go back and wait another round

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

So royal is now your "retirement  home"?😁 Glad you can continue to cruise!! And BTW it was 23 this morning in NW Florida.  So be happy with 46 yesterday!

LOL...yeah, and no driving required.  😄   Happy to have sold the "land yacht", though we had many wonderful memories of it.  

Yikes.  It took 2 years for our outside plants/palms to look healthy again after the last bad freeze in 2020.  Now...this one is worse.  Will be tending some brown plants when we get home.  😞 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

This is in the SL, they may have a similar on in DL, I haven't visited yet. Obviously need to be at least Diamond in C&A to use DL

This one was very nice.  JS and higher have a Lavazo espresso machine in room. Made a decent lungo yesterday

20220130_091455.thumb.jpg.63b4c8f85dc6f94c5ce7e2d8bc538203.jpg

20220130_091444.thumb.jpg.bbd380b2320c379eb22771da7d61b923.jpg

Ahh...happy someone uses those.  One of the first things I do is to remove the whole lot, tray and all, to some corner of the cabin.  Takes up too much room on the counter, and we don't use it.  Spoiled on the lounge Lattes.  😉 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

You did really good.  👍

I used to 'attempt' to do the Flow Rider on the board and the only one in the grandstand laughing loudly and unabashed and filming was my wife.  😲

Then I anticipated revenge on the iFly (she wouldn't do Flow Rider at all).  She doesn't work out, have any tone, etc. and didn't even want to do it.  Said she had been having bad dreams about it for weeks.  Then, she was picked first, was calm, collected and aired balanced, beautiful and long.  🙁

I did awful.  Too tense.  Bounced around in there like an popcorn in an air popper.  🤕  Got better as we did it over and over as there were no lines at all.

We did this about 7 years ago.  I was so terrified I would end up on my back on the floor.  However, thankfully we both did OK and nothing humiliating happened so we consider it a WIN!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Thank you.  Very helpful!

2 hours ago, lwuest said:

I know, Royal Caribbean's website says 2 days in advance.  That's what got me

nervous with CVS PCR test, It says it could take up to 3 days for results back.

But we found a local clinic that can do it with  the 24 hours results back, I would have

to wait 4 days before the cruise to book the appointment.  Fingers crossed for this one.

8 minutes ago, LATTELOVE said:

I know, Royal Caribbean's website says 2 days in advance.  That's what got me

nervous with CVS PCR test, It says it could take up to 3 days for results back.

But we found a local clinic that can do it with  the 24 hours results back, I would have

to wait 4 days before the cruise to book the appointment.  Fingers crossed for this one.

You want the Abbot IDNow test.  It’s a rapid PCR test.  Last time we took it we had the results about 15 minutes later.