Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, I really need a comparison of the two classes.

Bucky loves this one (Quantum class) better than Harmony...but still likes the old Oasis...go figure.  😉 

Me, I love both class of ships.  Each one has their good and bad.  

I do miss the full walking/running track (me...I am walker 😉)  on this ship.  There is the one up on deck 15 but gets nuts with pool people, wondering looky-loos,  and loud music.  Kind of boring going back and forth on lifeboat deck on Odyssey....just one side. 

I kind of miss putt-putt golf too (low tech lady I am).  Also preferred the SL/CK combo on Oasis class, though love CK for the view and more elegant experience on this one.  The interesting rides on this one are right up there.  🙂 

The crew seems more welcoming and dedicated on this one.  The ship is so brand new and high tech, it's amazing.   The shows are wow...all the eye candy, acrobatics and good talent...though very loud.  270 is amazing, though seating is weird.  

One of the best JS cabins we have ever enjoyed (JS4 on the hump).  Love the split bathroom. 

Don't like Izumi location on this one...too exposed...but love the show at Teppanyaki!  

Photo shop is fantastic!  Pick your photo on the kiosk, choose print (if you wish) and it prints within a minute...ta-da!!  Not more waiting in line on last night.  🙂 

And....my balcony door is easy to open and close!!!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, island lady said:

It used to be free.  But they are now charging 18.00 a person.  The charge for Friday's upcoming adventure already showed up for both of us on our sea pass account.  😮  Too bad the refunds with RCI don't come out as quick.  😄 

Isn't that the truth! I booked through RC and then realized I was missing out by not booking through Costco so I canceled and rebooked. They had no problem charging my $1000 again, but said it'll be 30-45 days to get my refund on my other $1000. I've never seen any store/service take that long to refund money, crazy!

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 9:27 AM, ticketsunlimited said:

Agree 100%. By the time you finally get the numbers to work you have touched them more than a normal elevator. And yes we have been whacked by the quick closing doors a few times. 

What is the name of the resort?

16 minutes ago, tamilyn said:

What is the name of the resort?

Looks like Mangrove Beach 

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/curryqq-mangrove-beach-corendon-curacao-all-inclusive-resort/

I see corendon Hotel in the picture I took

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

OK...yet another trip to Next Cruise. 🤑  Didi came through for us, calling me late last night.  Finalized it this morning.  We are now booked for 1st leg World Cruise, 64 days Circle South America with stops in Antarctica!!!  🤗

Yes John...you have company!!  😉  

Did not need 2nd leg, since we are doing almost identical to that leg already in the first part of 2023 with Australia, NZ, Tasmania, SP, and TP to Honolulu. 

Had to wait until today to book a single leg, as they were finally released early this morning for booking.  Love our hump balcony location she picked for us!  In a perfect world it would have been a GS or at the very least a JS...but they were all sold out.  She has us on wait list for JS.  

Bucky is walking on air with that #%&@ eating grin on his face!!  😍

• Like 16

57 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Looks like Mangrove Beach 

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/curryqq-mangrove-beach-corendon-curacao-all-inclusive-resort/

I see corendon Hotel in the picture I took

This is correct. Book it online before you go.  You can pay an extra 2.50 if you don’t prepay and just pay when you arrive.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, island lady said:

Really enjoyed our lunch at Pancho's Backyard for lunch.

First time we went to Poncho's Backyard was in 1994. There was only the one (downtown) and it was a lot smaller than it is now and no big gift shop like now. Just a small area selling T-shirts. I still have mine and it still fits! 😁🍺

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

OK...yet another trip to Next Cruise. 🤑  Didi came through for us, calling me late last night.  Finalized it this morning.  We are now booked for 1st leg World Cruise, 64 days Circle South America with stops in Antarctica!!!  🤗

Did not need 2nd leg, since we are doing almost identical to that leg already in the first part of 2023 with Australia, NZ, Tasmania, SP, and TP to Honolulu. 

Had to wait until today to book a single leg, as they were finally released early this morning for booking.  Love our hump balcony location she picked for us!  In a perfect world it would have been a GS or at the very least a JS...but they were all sold out.  She has us on wait list for JS.  

Did you get the 5% discount for having a friend on the whole cruise

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

First time we went to Poncho's Backyard was in 1994. There was only the one (downtown) and it was a lot smaller than it is now and no big gift shop like now. Just a small area selling T-shirts. I still have mine and it still fits! 😁🍺

Yeah...you and Bucky...skinny for life.  😄 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Did you get the 5% discount for having a friend on the whole cruise

Hmmm...sent you an email.  I thought it was just if we invited new pax  added in (friend/family).  Will check it out....but no...we did not get the 5%.  

• Like 2

Just now, island lady said:

Hmmm...sent you an email.  I thought it was just if we invited new pax  added in (friend/family).  Will check it out....but no...we did not get the 5%.  

I sent you our booking numbers. Run back to NextCruise and have them apply for it.

Still have not heard official details from Royal.

Did you have to commit to deposit immediately? We had 14 days

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I sent you our booking numbers. Run back to NextCruise and have them apply for it.

Still have not heard official details from Royal.

Did you have to commit to deposit immediately? We had 14 days

Yes...immediate deposit.  2K a person non-refundable.  Will go down to see if Didi is available.  Or at least make appointment.  And yes, got your email and responded. Thanks!  Will have answer for you shortly.  🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

That’s exciting news!  This should be great! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Congrats! Should be amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Congrats! Should be amazing.

Thanks!  A true bucket list item.  Bucky is still walking on air.  He has been wanting to do this kind of cruise since before Covid shut down.  Now, hopefully is our chance.  🙂 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We would miss the Grandkids too much.  It would be a challenge to be gone 3 weeks.  

Can't blame you.  Just leaving our "fur babies" for up to two weeks (even with most excellent cat sitter) was too much for us in the past.  Could not do 3 weeks then.  They have since passed away from the Demon Cancer just before Covid hit. 

Much more intense in your case with grandbabies!  I can certainly see not wanting to leave them.  🙂 

• Like 2

On 2/9/2022 at 8:46 PM, John&LaLa said:

Keeps the riff raff out

John, I was just sitting here thinking of the big picture of our sailing last week.  In ten years from now you and I are going to look back at this moment in time and pinch ourselves and think if this really ever happened.  Think about it.  We had a practically brand new ship for 8 days in Jan/Feb to play with as you wish.

Think about literally having the suite lounge on the back of a multimillion dollar ship to yourself with pretty much your own concierge.   Mohamad was literally looking to hang out with us just to be part of our vacation.  The waiters and bar tenders were pretty much our own private staff.  Many nights it was Laura, yourself and my wife and I.

There will never be a time in our life no matter how much you cruise when you look back at your first Quantum class cruise ship and realize how special and unique it was.  My wife and I were glad we got to meet you and Laura and are so glad we got to experience such a unique time in this world of cruising on the Odyssey with you two.  We hope to see you many more times in the future.  Dan and Jill

• Like 11

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

John, I was just sitting here thinking of the big picture of our sailing last week.  In ten years from now you and I are going to look back at this moment in time and pinch ourselves and think if this really ever happened.  Think about it.  We had a practically brand new ship for 8 days in Jan/Feb to play with as you wish.

Think about literally having the suite lounge on the back of a multimillion dollar ship to yourself with pretty much your own concierge.   Mohamad was literally looking to hang out with us just to be part of our vacation.  The waiters and bar tenders were pretty much our own private staff.  Many nights it was Laura, yourself and my wife and I.

There will never be a time in our life no matter how much you cruise when you look back at your first Quantum class cruise ship and realize how special and unique it was.  My wife and I were glad we got to meet you and Laura and are so glad we got to experience such a unique time in this world of cruising on the Odyssey with you two.  We hope to see you many more times in the future.  Dan and Jill

Very beautiful and heartfelt post.  Wonderful memory to look back on.

• Like 3

Here is the segment pricing if anyone is interested:

Round the Horn: Americas & Antarctica Expedition

Stateroom Category Lead Rate Price per day
Interior Stateroom $13,399 Per Person* $213 Per Person*
Ocean View Stateroom $14,799 Per Person* $235 Per Person*
Balcony Stateroom $18,899 Per Person* $300 Per Person*

Wonders of Asia & the Pacific Expedition

Stateroom Category Lead Rate Price per day
Interior Stateroom $17,799 Per Person* $205 Per Person*
Ocean View Stateroom $19,599 Per Person* $225 Per Person*
Balcony Stateroom $25,099 Per Person* $335 Per Person*