Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

14 hours ago, island lady said:

She has us on wait list for JS

Unfortunately there are no wait lists for suites.  Any suites that become available are released back into inventory only for the full world cruise and will not be sold for segments.  That was from Vicki Freed on this weeks travel agent webinar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I sent you our booking numbers. Run back to NextCruise and have them apply for it.

Still have not heard official details from Royal.

Did you have to commit to deposit immediately? We had 14 days

You have a lot of friends on that cruise.😉

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

We’ll be on this ship in a couple of weeks and I have some questions that those of you on this thread might be able to answer. Perhaps the answers are to be found somewhere on this thread already, but with 52 pages, that’s a bit much to go through at the moment.

Since I don’t see any way to make reservations for the shows online prior to sailing, I assume this is not done the same way that you do it on the Oasis class ships. Perhaps this has something to do with Covid and the cancellations of shows here and there the past few weeks  (?).  So I assume we make them on board? I think maybe I have seen mention of doing that as soon as you board the ship.

Would  any pf you know what the show schedule is for the various shows? Knowing this would help a lot with deciding our dining times.

We always do late seating for dinner but at  times we have done anytime dining on an Oasis class ship to make sure we get all of the shows in. Usually we’ve only done that when we are cruising with other people, which we aren’t now. I read somewhere (this thread esrly on perhaps)  about the main dining rooms being really empty during late seating. Was that really the case? Do you think show schedules had anything to do with that or just the demographics/references of the passengers?

We just switched to this ship from a different ship and sail date due to some conflicts that arose. Booking so late, when I looked at the shore excursions,  many of them were filled. Of course they were all the ones we might be interested in doing! RC used to hold back some slots for those who didn’t realize you could reserve excursions ahead of time online. I wonder if they still hold back any slots  for those passengers who may not realize what they would like to do until they get on board. Does anyone know if this is still the casr!

Sorry to ask so many questions but I figured those of you that recently have been on this ship would be a good source of info.

Thanks for any helpful replies.

4 minutes ago, mlbcruiser said:

We’ll be on this ship in a couple of weeks and I have some questions that those of you on this thread might be able to answer. Perhaps the answers are to be found somewhere on this thread already, but with 52 pages, that’s a bit much to go through at the moment.

Since I don’t see any way to make reservations for the shows online prior to sailing, I assume this is not done the same way that you do it on the Oasis class ships. Perhaps this has something to do with Covid and the cancellations of shows here and there the past few weeks  (?).  So I assume we make them on board? I think maybe I have seen mention of doing that as soon as you board the ship.

Would  any pf you know what the show schedule is for the various shows? Knowing this would help a lot with deciding our dining times.

We always do late seating for dinner but at  times we have done anytime dining on an Oasis class ship to make sure we get all of the shows in. Usually we’ve only done that when we are cruising with other people, which we aren’t now. I read somewhere (this thread esrly on perhaps)  about the main dining rooms being really empty during late seating. Was that really the case? Do you think show schedules had anything to do with that or just the demographics/references of the passengers?

We just switched to this ship from a different ship and sail date due to some conflicts that arose. Booking so late, when I looked at the shore excursions,  many of them were filled. Of course they were all the ones we might be interested in doing! RC used to hold back some slots for those who didn’t realize you could reserve excursions ahead of time online. I wonder if they still hold back any slots  for those passengers who may not realize what they would like to do until they get on board. Does anyone know if this is still the casr!

Sorry to ask so many questions but I figured those of you that recently have been on this ship would be a good source of info.

Thanks for any helpful replies.

Shows are now reserved on board for all ships.

Show schedule was posted a few pages back by John.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

$18, 899.00 p/p for a balcony is a little out of our price range. (until we sell the house) :classic_tongue:

It is much more per day doing the single leg than booking the whole cruise.....but in total for the whole 4 legs...ouch!!  😮 🤑

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately there are no wait lists for suites.  Any suites that become available are released back into inventory only for the full world cruise and will not be sold for segments.  That was from Vicki Freed on this weeks travel agent webinar.

Thanks...at least she tried.  😉 

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

It is much more per day doing the single leg than booking the whole cruise.....but in total for the whole 4 legs...ouch!!  😮 🤑

I would need to be retired to do all 4 legs and need to be working to afford them. So, how do I put that puzzle together?🙄

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It will still be a great cruise and you didn't even have to pay extra for sailing 64 nights with @John&LaLa

LOL...John is going to think I am a stalker.  We were on Harmony last month with them,  Odyssey this last week, and now joining them for one leg world cruise....though they were coaching us pretty well on booking the first leg,  before they left us on Sunday.  😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Good idea. I'll set up my laptop in the Champagne Lounge so that work does not interrupt my Espresso martinis.

Your continued posting of those martinis has added that to my must try list for next week on the Indy.  I now have a feeling that I will exceed my 4 free per day.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...John is going to think I am a stalker.  We were on Harmony last month with them,  Odyssey this last week, and now joining them for one leg world cruise....though they were coaching us pretty well on booking the first leg,  before they left us on Sunday.  😉 

Were you joining everyone on the Bella cruise?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Your continued posting of those martinis has added that to my must try list for next week on the Indy.  I now have a feeling that I will exceed my 4 free per day.

Try with and without the added Bailey's to see which you prefer.🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You're not D+ yet🤔

Should be soon, no doubt😎

• Like 1