Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

22 hours ago, island lady said:

OK...yet another trip to Next Cruise. 🤑  Didi came through for us, calling me late last night.  Finalized it this morning.  We are now booked for 1st leg World Cruise, 64 days Circle South America with stops in Antarctica!!!  🤗

Hi island lady

Hope you're enjoying your second week.

I was wondering what about the 1st leg interested you the most as opposed to the 3rd or 4th leg.

I know why the 2nd leg didn't appeal, same reason for me.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Good idea. I'll set up my laptop in the Champagne Lounge so that work does not interrupt my Espresso martinis.

What are Rhode Island’s laws about doctors practicing medicine while under the influence of Expresso Martinis?  Or does being in international waters nullify these?😇😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, BecAus said:

Hi island lady

Hope you're enjoying your second week.

I was wondering what about the 1st leg interested you the most as opposed to the 3rd or 4th leg.

I know why the 2nd leg didn't appeal, same reason for me.

Cheers

Hello!  🙂 

Early in 2023 we are flying into Sydney to board Radiance.  Tasmania, Australia, islands in the SP,  New Zealand (twice) then the last leg as a TP up to Hawaii.  This is almost a repeat of leg two.  Was just too convenient to hop off in LA and keep it to non-international flights.  Actual total for that adventure is a few days more than World Cruise first leg.  

We are already going international end of this year, 4 weeks on Wonder, then Australia, then later in 2023 doing a 22 day European river cruise with Viking.  

Summer of 2024 we want to do the Baltics, Greenland/Iceland, northern Europe, and possibly another TA.  That is still planning in the making...assuming health prevails for both of us.  😉 

• Like 1

Sorry I cannot post pictures from my phone...but I was able to download this picture today:  😉 

Anyone remember what we were going to do this morning?   OMG...it was sooooo fun!!  Wish we wouldn't have waited until the last day to do...would go again in a heartbeat!!  😄 

4317580.jpeg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 10

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sorry I cannot post pictures from my phone...but I was able to download this picture today:  😉 

Anyone guess remember what we were going to do this morning?   OMG...it was sooooo fun!!  Wish we wouldn't have waited until the last day to do...would go again in a heartbeat!!  😄 

4317580.jpeg

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/nor/no/cruise-activities/zone-zero

How much is the price per person now? $18.00 Per Person?

Edited by Jimbo

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Was just too convenient to hop off in LA and keep it to non-international flights. 

Ahh, that definitely makes sense!  Makes sense with all your other plans too  - wow, sounds amazing!

I see Biker posted today our cruise ban is extended to April 17th which is not a surprise. We don't really have a winter cruising season down here

I think there is some hope we will have a season starting this October here in Aus however I think (at this stage) NZ may pose a problem : (

I'd heard they were opening to Aussie's in July and everyone in Oct.  I briefly searched out a self-drive of the Sth Island for October and then thought I'd just check their official travel website.  Whilst they are opening they are expecting travellers to quarantine for 10days on arrival!!   Can't see any way they'll be letting ships in if that is the case!

I have a 11n NZ cruise booked from Sydney in November and I'm a lot less hopeful about that now  : (

There's a lot of water to go under the bridge between now and then of course but geez, just when I started to have some hope that it would all be looking up by then.

Glad you enjoyed your experience today and had fun!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

Perhaps the answers are to be found somewhere on this thread already, but with 52 pages, that’s a bit much to go through at the moment.

From my phone screenshots, looks like Day #5 was Post #708 p. 29,  and Day 6 and I think the others soon after follow are Post #1162 (not sure of page #'s).

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

Here is the segment pricing if anyone is interested:

Round the Horn: Americas & Antarctica Expedition

Stateroom Category Lead Rate Price per day
Interior Stateroom $13,399 Per Person* $213 Per Person*
Ocean View Stateroom $14,799 Per Person* $235 Per Person*
Balcony Stateroom $18,899 Per Person* $300 Per Person*

Wonders of Asia & the Pacific Expedition

Interior Stateroom $17,799 Per Person* $205 Per Person*
Ocean View Stateroom $19,599 Per Person* $225 Per Person*
Balcony Stateroom $25,099 Per Person* $335 Per Person*

Middle East Treasures & Marvels of the Med Expedition

Interior Stateroom $14,899 Per Person* $240 Per Person*
Ocean View Stateroom $15,799 Per Person* $255 Per Person*
Balcony Stateroom $20,799 Per Person* $288 Per Person*

Capitals of Culture Expedition

Interior Stateroom $14,299 Per Person* $231 Per Person*
Ocean View Stateroom $15,299 Per Person* $247 Per Person*
Balcony Stateroom $19,799 Per Person* $319 Per Person*

All four legs would be a bit too much even if I was retired. I would miss my family and especially the grandbabies! How can anyone be gone for that long from family???

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hello!  🙂 

Early in 2023 we are flying into Sydney to board Radiance.  Tasmania, Australia, islands in the SP,  New Zealand (twice) then the last leg as a TP up to Hawaii.  This is almost a repeat of leg two.  Was just too convenient to hop off in LA and keep it to non-international flights.  Actual total for that adventure is a few days more than World Cruise first leg.  

We are already going international end of this year, 4 weeks on Wonder, then Australia, then later in 2023 doing a 22 day European river cruise with Viking.  

Summer of 2024 we want to do the Baltics, Greenland/Iceland, northern Europe, and possibly another TA.  That is still planning in the making...assuming health prevails for both of us.  😉 

We're in thosr places Summer '24

Look for us

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sml3 said:

???😞

The ship holds 4000 people. No way they have that many slots available. Charging for unique experiences is the best way to have available opportunities for people that really like those activities. Just my take. 

Also adds to the bottom line for Royal😉

11 minutes ago, sml3 said:

All four legs would be a bit too much even if I was retired. I would miss my family and especially the grandbabies! How can anyone be gone for that long from family???

This looks to be the value cruise spot for one of the legs. Does that price include tips and internet and specialty restaurants? 

Wonders of Asia & the Pacific Expedition

Interior Stateroom $17,799 Per Person* $205 Per Person*

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would need to be retired to do all 4 legs and need to be working to afford them. So, how do I put that puzzle together?🙄

Easy.  Create a YouTube channel that talks about something medical that appeals to a lot of people and get a gazillion followers.  I've seen more than a few doctors who seem to have taken that approach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Anyone remember what we were going to do this morning?   OMG...it was sooooo fun!!  Wish we wouldn't have waited until the last day to do...would go again in a heartbeat!!  😄 

4317580.jpeg

I love this.  Now that John has "outed" you, we get to see you in more pictures.  👍

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I love this.  Now that John has "outed" you, we get to see you in more pictures.  👍

Now she just has to learn how to take pictures from her phone and post on CC. Think of the possibilities........

• Haha 1