Cannot Book Alaska Excursions

fanofcruizin

Is anyone else having trouble booking Alaska excursions or dining packages? We are booked on Jewel cruise for August 1st. We have one ship excursion booked and don't want to book anymore as we are booking locally but it worries me that nothing for this cruise can be booked right now. At first thought it might be the Canadian excursions but it is all of them including dining packages, gifts, etc. I'm worried I won't be able to book specialty dining either when time comes. Can you call and do that and is there a different number than the main number that has you on hold forever? 

5 minutes ago, fanofcruizin said:

Is anyone else having trouble booking Alaska excursions or dining packages? We are booked on Jewel cruise for August 1st. We have one ship excursion booked and don't want to book anymore as we are booking locally but it worries me that nothing for this cruise can be booked right now. At first thought it might be the Canadian excursions but it is all of them including dining packages, gifts, etc. I'm worried I won't be able to book specialty dining either when time comes. Can you call and do that and is there a different number than the main number that has you on hold forever? 

Currently, I would not be concerned that you are not able to book excursions that you might want.  If you want to call the Excursion Desk, the number is 1-866-234-7350.

Also, if you are trying to book your nightly restaurant reservations, you are MONTHS away from them being available!

NCL is busy trying to get all of their ships scheduled, filled, and cruising as soon as possible, so their focus is on the more immediate future.  Your August cruise will have more available items posted online as soon as they are able to get those things lined up!

• Like 1

I'm booked on the Spirit in September and there are plenty of excursions listed.  Note that if you have an excursion booked, you won't be able to see anything else at that port that conflicts.  Phone for excursion desk is 866-625-1167.

Edited by julig22
  • Like 1

Thanks ggTexasGal. Just stressed I guess that this cruise originally 2020 and canceled and rebooked twice won't go either.  Got a lot of money in the cruisetour at this point and worried about the Canada aspect, which I know could change a dozen times by August. Lol

just concerned that I can book things for later cruises, just not the Alaska one, and wondered if I was the only one experiencing issues. 

• Like 1

Most of the tours are just getting back up and running after being mostly shut down last year. The AK season will not start until late April/early May I would not worry too much about it. Also on the Jewel you should not have any problems getting meal reservations. One final note, the Jewel is one of the ships that is now starting sailing again in late March perhaps NCL does not want to get too far ahead of itself in these uncertain times.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, fanofcruizin said:

Since The Jewel is scheduled to embark and debark from Vancouver, British Columbia-- they may be waiting to see if those ccruises can happen.  The Alaskan cruises from Seattle needing to stop in Canada before returning may need Congressional help like last year.  I have NOT see anything yet whether or not Canada is going to allow cruise ships in their waters this Season.  As of last Fall last year's oeder expired BUT Covid cases over the Winter have exploded.  Canadians are being advised not to travel.

We’re on the Encore out of Seattle late May. Prior to Jan 22nd dining said come back on Jan 22nd to cook. Well it’s been almost a week and still can’t book dining. Now it’s changed to say “Check back later or book onboard”. 

Just my speculation but I’m wondering if they’re waiting until closer to see if they need to limit capacity in the various venues. It’d seem easier on their end to hold off on allowing people to reserve, versus having to cancel some reservations. 

2 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Since The Jewel is scheduled to embark and debark from Vancouver, British Columbia-- they may be waiting to see if those ccruises can happen.  The Alaskan cruises from Seattle needing to stop in Canada before returning may need Congressional help like last year.  I have NOT see anything yet whether or not Canada is going to allow cruise ships in their waters this Season.  As of last Fall last year's oeder expired BUT Covid cases over the Winter have exploded.  Canadians are being advised not to travel.

https://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/transport-canada-lifts-cruise-ship-ban-effective-november-1-2021

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nicoleinwi said:

We’re on the Encore out of Seattle late May. Prior to Jan 22nd dining said come back on Jan 22nd to cook. Well it’s been almost a week and still can’t book dining. Now it’s changed to say “Check back later or book onboard”. 

Just my speculation but I’m wondering if they’re waiting until closer to see if they need to limit capacity in the various venues. It’d seem easier on their end to hold off on allowing people to reserve, versus having to cancel some reservations. 

I am on the Bliss the middle of May and my dinners and excursions are all booked

• Like 1

The ships (such as Encore and Bliss) which have been continuously sailing for months, aren't as problematic for bookings as the ships that have not been continuously sailing for months!  The cruise ships that had "pauses" (cancellations) or have not been back in service again, yet, have to "reset the clocks," so to speak.

On Jewel SB May 23 and able to book both Dining and excursions.  I think they just open up like 120 days +- a couple before sail date.  I had booked excursions before, but just this week was able to book Dining.

1 hour ago, Travelbug321 said:

We're booked May 29, 2022 on the Encore, and everything opened today for reservations, except for the thermal spa suite, which I was told would be available to book 90 days out. 

We're a week before you.  Are the MDR's (Taste and Savor) open for you to book?  I can book speciality now but still can't on those. 

5 hours ago, nicoleinwi said:

We're a week before you.  Are the MDR's (Taste and Savor) open for you to book?  I can book speciality now but still can't on those. 

The two Main dining Rooms on The Jewel are: Azura and Tsar's Palace neither require advance reservations.

6 hours ago, nicoleinwi said:

I should've clarified, MD isn't open yet either. I meant all excursions and specialty dining is open already and was told others would open 90 days out.

2 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

Since when do you need reservations for the MDRs

You don’t have to have them, still can just show up.  I guess I was thinking with Covid what if they’re limiting seating capacity? I figured if we had a reservation we’d be fine to get seated, where walk up might have a long wait.