What drinks are free?

archer_310

I've only been on 1 Carnival cruise back in 2017 (Vista) and can't for the life of me remember what drinks Carnival offers for free at fountains?  I've tried the search option, but it doesn't come up with anything.  I don't think Carnival offers pop, correct?  Heading out on the Mardi Gras in March.

I haven't been on Mardi Gras yet so I'm going on the assumption that things are similar.  There's not much at all that's free, at breakfast the buffet has orange juice, passion fruit juice or some other juice (this one has varied in past), coffee, hot chocolate, and water.  And at other times there's water, coffee, iced tea, and lemonade.  That's about it.  Of course there's the 12 cans of soda you can carry on also.

Edited by groundloop

31 minutes ago, groundloop said:

I haven't been on Mardi Gras yet so I'm going on the assumption that things are similar.  There's not much at all that's free, at breakfast the buffet has orange juice, passion fruit juice or some other juice (this one has varied in past), coffee, hot chocolate, and water.  And at other times there's water, coffee, iced tea, and lemonade.  That's about it.  Of course there's the 12 cans of soda you can carry on also.

Do they have milk? 

13 hours ago, britbritrawr09 said:

Do they have milk? 

Unless they have very recently changed, no they do not have milk unless you get one of the crew to run back to the kitchen and get some in a cup or glass. All they have out is that low fat fake milk.

6 minutes ago, ilovesparky13 said:

Christmas cruise on the Radiance. 

So a holiday cruise on Radiance's approximately fourth revenue cruise after its debut.  To my point, free champagne at embarkation shouldn't be expected as the norm for Carnival and probably only happens on special sailings/events.

• Like 1

I don’t mean to hijack this thread, but I have a related question.

We will have the cheers package and would like to enjoy a soda and frozen drink during dinner in MDR. Can we order these while we are at the table? It’s not a “free”, but cheers would cover the cost. I’m going on my first cruise and I have no idea how drinks works.

2 hours ago, NanoGirl21 said:

I don’t mean to hijack this thread, but I have a related question.

We will have the cheers package and would like to enjoy a soda and frozen drink during dinner in MDR. Can we order these while we are at the table? It’s not a “free”, but cheers would cover the cost. I’m going on my first cruise and I have no idea how drinks works.

Yes. Most non-alcoholic drinks (including soda) are included in Cheers and don't count against the limit of 15 alcoholic drinks a day.  

16 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Yes. Most non-alcoholic drinks (including soda) are included in Cheers and don't count against the limit of 15 alcoholic drinks a day.  

Correct, but can these be ordered at the MDR table or do I have to bring my beverage with me?