Celebrity Reflection 2/5 Sailing

tonyd285

We are sailing on the Reflection next week and have a couple of questions for those currently on board or just off the ship.  First, what is the current Covid situation on this ship, any issues?  Secondly, is the Reflection sailing at full capacity or is the passenger headcount limited?  We are really looking forward to escaping from the Northeast for a week, especially after the heavy snow and cold cold weather.  Thanks all.

We just returned Saturday from a 10 day cruise on the Reflection. There were no, zero, COVID cases on the ship including the crew and the passengers. 

Per the Cruise Director, the ship only had 841 paying passengers and a reduced crew to around 950 (I do not remember the exact crew number.) Therefore the crew to passenger ratio was a little better than 1 to 1. Great for the passengers, no waiting for elevators and super service.

Go for it and have a great trip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, tonyd285 said:

We are sailing on the Reflection next week and have a couple of questions for those currently on board or just off the ship.  First, what is the current Covid situation on this ship, any issues?  Secondly, is the Reflection sailing at full capacity or is the passenger headcount limited?  We are really looking forward to escaping from the Northeast for a week, especially after the heavy snow and cold cold weather.  Thanks all.

First, any Covid cases on any ship would be zero at the start of each cruise as any affected crew is quarantined and when in port removed and quarantined off the ship until safe to return. Any affected passenger is also quarantined on board then leaves the ship at the end of the cruise. The ship - in particular the quarantine areas - is thoroughly cleaned prior to new passengers boarding. So current situations on board will have no bearing on your cruise.

Second, all Celebrity ships are sailing at limited capacity - typically not more than 50%, and many less.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, sptrout said:

We just returned Saturday from a 10 day cruise on the Reflection. There were no, zero, COVID cases on the ship including the crew and the passengers. 

Per the Cruise Director, the ship only had 841 paying passengers and a reduced crew to around 950 (I do not remember the exact crew number.) Therefore the crew to passenger ratio was a little better than 1 to 1. Great for the passengers, no waiting for elevators and super service.

Go for it and have a great trip!

We were also on this cruise, it was amazing! No wait for elevators, no crowded dining room, available loungers at the pool, seats at the Martini Bar, happy and attentive crew, and NO COVID CASES! 🙂

I also was on the Reflection cruise that ended on Saturday the 29th.  Had a wonderful time!  841 guests and 980 crew.  No COVID cases.  Felt very safe the entire time.  Crew was wonderful.  Luminae and Michael's Club was great.  People were spread out pretty good in those two venues.  The first few days we were onboard I told the Maitre'd in Luminae that we wanted to be seated away from others. They were very accommodating.  I did see a few people that were lax in mask wearing, i.e. in theatre, but we were not seated near them.  The entertainment on this cruise was some of the best we have seen on any cruise.

23 minutes ago, txtechmk said:

I also was on the Reflection cruise that ended on Saturday the 29th.  Had a wonderful time!  841 guests and 980 crew.  No COVID cases.  

Did the ship publicly say this on board? Doesn't jive with what the ship has reported since the current status is yellow not green.

10 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Did the ship publicly say this on board? Doesn't jive with what the ship has reported since the current status is yellow not green.

No the ship did not publicly say this to my knowledge.  I did ask a few people and they said they had not heard of any reported.  I also rode on an elevator with a female "Medical Team" crew member in scrubs, and I said casually "I hope there's no sick people onboard". All she said was "Yea".   ??  Also we were invited to the helipad for the arrival to Antigua.  We had to walk down the hall of deck six (which I thought might be the quarantined deck), but all I saw was notes on doors to crew members, etc.  (no roped off areas)

Where do you see the colored status of the ships?

I was also on the cruise.   I never heard any ANNOUNCEMENT of covid cases.  I do not know if they are required to announce it.  But we had our same waiters, bartenders, entertainers, etc for 10 days so maybe there was not big "outbreak" among the crew.   I felt safe as passengers seemed to respect eah other's personal space.

I was also on the most recent Reflection sailing.  I have read on other posts when a positive case is reported in the morning announcement; since we never had that announcement, I believe we had no cases of covid.  I did speak with one of the singers from "Broken Strings" one night in the buffet; she told me that one of the musicians tested positive and that would keep them from doing one of their other shows...but he was doing well and should be back on stage this week.

We were invited to the helipad for sailaway from St. Kitts...what a great opportunity.  

What a great trip!!!

The reason that you are not hearing about Covid cases on board is because the fleet has been directed to keep this information private. They have been directed by the “higher ups” to refrain from speaking publicly about Covid in general. You may see lots of “nods” and cheery “smiles” but discussion of the matter is highly discouraged.

1 hour ago, txtechmk said:

No the ship did not publicly say this to my knowledge.  I did ask a few people and they said they had not heard of any reported.  I also rode on an elevator with a female "Medical Team" crew member in scrubs, and I said casually "I hope there's no sick people onboard". All she said was "Yea".   ??  Also we were invited to the helipad for the arrival to Antigua.  We had to walk down the hall of deck six (which I thought might be the quarantined deck), but all I saw was notes on doors to crew members, etc.  (no roped off areas)

Where do you see the colored status of the ships?

Cruise Ship Color Status | Quarantine | CDC