Anyone booking for 2023?

bluemarble

Apologies to Host Hattie if I'm preempting a thread from her since she often starts threads like this.

Has anyone booked any of the new Cunard voyages for 2023 that have just gone on sale today for past passengers? I will be waiting for a while before I book anything. Just wondering if anyone wants to discuss what they've booked for 2023 today or may be planning to book soon.

• Like 2

Yes booked this pm a Canaries cruise late April 2023. We had thought about Norway on QM2 but going north after a possible bad winter - no way thanks, we want some warmth. 
We know the Canaries and Madeira,   like the weather and crossing the Bay of Biscay has not been a problem for us. Thought about a QM2 back to back to New York but recent articles show that great city is having big problems with violent crime so will take a pass until they sort out that problem. 
BW

Derek. 

'Virgin' cruiser here... having yet to board a ship, 4 cancellations so far 😣         I let a travel agent take the strain and they secured my first choice of stateroom on QM2 Norwegian Fjords (M325) for 7 nights from Southampton on 25 Aug 2023 😀

Booked QV for the Oct. 2023 Northern Lights. Did it online, it automatic applied a FCC. Paid the rest for the deposit. Get e-mail the booking is a courtesy hold, for $.71. Called and 1 1/2 hours on hold pay to get it confirmed. But I am booked. YEA

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Yes after a 40 minute wait on telephone at 1pm managed to move a cruise on QE in March, which balance was due on Friday, to a cruise on QV on 24/11/23. All very efficient and polite once I got through.

Did exactly the same thing transferred to the same cruise.

Early this morning I booked a Transatlantic crossing for  December 2023 -  the furthest ahead I have ever booked anything. But I've always liked this time for a TA trip and I have booked it as an act of faith and hope - firstly that I will still be fit enough to travel by then, and secondly, that the world will be safer for travel by then. At least, booking early, you can get your cabin of choice.

Now I just have to work out what to do while I am waiting!

I am SO excited, I've been trying to book a transatlantic NYC - Southampton with a kennel space for my dog for a few years.  Just today they opened kennel spaces for the April 30, 2023 Eastbound voyage on QM2, and I put in for a spot for my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel!  If she can't go, I'm not going, but I got my cabin booked at o'dark thirty so hopefully we got a kennel space for my girl!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Apologies to Host Hattie if I'm preempting a thread from her since she often starts threads like this.

Has anyone booked any of the new Cunard voyages for 2023 that have just gone on sale today for past passengers? I will be waiting for a while before I book anything. Just wondering if anyone wants to discuss what they've booked for 2023 today or may be planning to book soon.

Brother and I booked the 2023 QM2 world cruise back in March 2021 in the hopes that wall would be behind us as far as the virus and its protocols. So far the jury is out on reopening more than half of the ports on the itinerary and the protocols on all but two or three ports. If there are any protocols as to any testing, passenger tracking forms or masks we shall cancel. We have until August 2022 to make that decision. It will interesting to see when Cunard calls this voyage a definite go and what the itinerary will be at that time.