First time with Princess Plus

geoherb

33 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

Do I understand this correctly; with the drink package/Princess Plus you can have your drinks delivered to you room at no charge? 

Yes. It's been reported by quite a few folks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

I like the 24K Gold Margarita. I want it served in a "rocks glass" with no salt. I won't count on that happening with a drink delivered to the cabin.

I'm not familiar with a "rocks glass" but if it'll eliminate the salt I'm all for it.

I have to wonder how many delivered drinks have a small "taste" taken out of them on the way to the cabin...

Hmmmm. 

See above.

18 hours ago, crawford said:

You shouldn't. Was just thinking about all the steps to go to a stateroom for the servers.

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

I think they are just happy to be working again .

Currently ships are sailing with a full complement of crew and a very reduced passenger capacity.  The stress test will come when the number of passengers increases significantly but the number of crew does not.

On the CB last month we didn't order any drinks to the cabin (we  had the mini-bar) but did order food and were amazed that it arrived within 6 minutes.  The ship had 1,080 crew and fewer than 1,000 passengers.

12 hours ago, MissP22 said:
19 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'm not familiar with a "rocks glass" but if it'll eliminate the salt I'm all for it.

See above.

A rocks glass is an short and wide glass designed for serving liquor "on the rocks". I'm not a fan of the regular "margarita glass".

Amazon.com | Timeless 7 Ounce Rocks Glasses, Set of 6 Etched Whiskey Glasses  - Dishwasher-Safe, Chip-Resistant, Clear Glass Cocktail Glasses, Lead-Free,  For Liquors Or Cocktails - Restaurantware: Old Fashioned Glasses

Acopa Straight Up 9 oz. Rocks / Old Fashioned Glass - 12/Case

• Like 2

Hmmm... Double post above. The first one vanished when I hit the Submit Reply button so I posted again with a different picture and now both are there. Wonder if the issue was me or CC. Sorry about that.

On 2/11/2022 at 3:02 PM, MissP22 said:

I'm not sure it's goin to always work for me if there are special instruction, such as a margarita with no salt on the glass.

I don't think they have any place for special requests. 

Good point.  The app is somewhat limited on custom requests.  But I like your post because I live in Mexico part of the year (am there now) and make nightly "killer margaritas."  My margaritas are fantastic (as attested by many friends) because they are 100% booze except for some fresh squeezed lime juice.  I do not use any kind of mixers which are a real joke to true lovers of a real margarita.  But the margaritas on cruise ship almost always use various mixers to increase the volume (and screw up the drink).  It is no different on Princess.  I sometimes order their "24 Carat Gold Margarita" which is their best and I think truly sucks!  Yes, they use very good booze ingredients, but then they toss in a mix that messes up the taste but allows them to fill the large glass.  The drink looks pretty and tastes OK, but it is far from the real thing like we drink here in Mexico every day.  

On our last Princess cruise our favorite bar tender was from Mexico.  I complained to her about the Princess recipe for Margaritas and we both had a good laugh.  Consider that here in Mexico a decent margarita is uses a Mexican orange liquor called "Controy" which is not even available on Princess (or most other cruise lines).  So yes, you can substitute Cointreau or even Grand Marnier but you do have to adjust the formula for the differences in those liquors.  But tossing in some kind of commercial mix as a filler just ruins the drink and gives you something that is OK....but not what I consider a real margarita.  So tonight I made my own margarita with 3 parts reposado tequilia, 2 parts Controy, and about 2 parts fresh sqeezed lime juice.  That is it!  No mixer, no expander...just booze and lime.

Hank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Good point.  The app is somewhat limited on custom requests.  But I like your post because I live in Mexico part of the year (am there now) and make nightly "killer margaritas."  My margaritas are fantastic (as attested by many friends) because they are 100% booze except for some fresh squeezed lime juice.  I do not use any kind of mixers which are a real joke to true lovers of a real margarita.  But the margaritas on cruise ship almost always use various mixers to increase the volume (and screw up the drink)....

I avoided any drinks that the bartenders used mixers from cartons last week on the Regal. But they seemed very popular with some passengers. 

22 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

Do I understand this correctly; with the drink package/Princess Plus you can have your drinks delivered to you room at no charge? 

Yes. Multiple. 

This is from last month.

image.thumb.jpeg.fc22b3a21fe0faef226648b0cd794136.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Good point.  The app is somewhat limited on custom requests.  But I like your post because I live in Mexico part of the year (am there now) and make nightly "killer margaritas."  My margaritas are fantastic (as attested by many friends) because they are 100% booze except for some fresh squeezed lime juice.  I do not use any kind of mixers which are a real joke to true lovers of a real margarita.  But the margaritas on cruise ship almost always use various mixers to increase the volume (and screw up the drink).  It is no different on Princess.  I sometimes order their "24 Carat Gold Margarita" which is their best and I think truly sucks!  Yes, they use very good booze ingredients, but then they toss in a mix that messes up the taste but allows them to fill the large glass.  The drink looks pretty and tastes OK, but it is far from the real thing like we drink here in Mexico every day.  

On our last Princess cruise our favorite bar tender was from Mexico.  I complained to her about the Princess recipe for Margaritas and we both had a good laugh.  Consider that here in Mexico a decent margarita is uses a Mexican orange liquor called "Controy" which is not even available on Princess (or most other cruise lines).  So yes, you can substitute Cointreau or even Grand Marnier but you do have to adjust the formula for the differences in those liquors.  But tossing in some kind of commercial mix as a filler just ruins the drink and gives you something that is OK....but not what I consider a real margarita.  So tonight I made my own margarita with 3 parts reposado tequilia, 2 parts Controy, and about 2 parts fresh sqeezed lime juice.  That is it!  No mixer, no expander...just booze and lime.

Hank

Wow.

And I though I was being a little fussy with my simple requests.  LOL 😄

14 hours ago, wowzz said:

If you mean Princess Plus, then yes.

They had to use a workaround to let us add it for the two adults in the room, and not the 5 year old.  Not sure why I had to explain that my daughter wouldn’t be ordering any alcoholic drinks, consuming any specialty coffees, or using the internet.  😁

But maybe I fibbed - I’m sure she’ll use my internet connection from time to time.   But she will only order standard coffee drinks!   

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, pistnbroke said:

So you can order more that one drink each at a time.

can you do the same at the bars to take back to the cabin ?

If you can do it from the cabin or anywhere on the ship then why not in person? 

Seems logical....but then again?

We have two cruises in March with Princess Plus. Not big drinkers, but I figure two or drinks a day breaks even.

Hoping that with more people choosing Princess Plus that Princess cruises will become a little more lively at night. If so, we will certainly get more than our money's worth.

2 hours ago, pistnbroke said:

So you can order more that one drink each at a time.

can you do the same at the bars to take back to the cabin ?

Sure. It got busy at the Wakeview bar. I ordered from the app instead. By the time someone from the bar came to get my order, a server was already behind him with my order.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kmkub said:

Sure. It got busy at the Wakeview bar. I ordered from the app instead. By the time someone from the bar came to get my order, a server was already behind him with my order.

So you can immediately order another drink without waiting ! 

Excellent !

1 minute ago, Kmkub said:

You can order as many as you want, up to 15 a day pp.

Yes, I knew that.

I was pointing out that as a waiter was also there to take an order, it made sense to immediately order another drink ...................ironic British sense of humour.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yes, I knew that.

I was pointing out that as a waiter was also there to take an order, it made sense to immediately order another drink ...................ironic British sense of humour.

Sorry, yes, the joke flew right over my head.