white medallions?

spunks

On 2/6/2022 at 11:37 AM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you.  That’s awesome because all of my medallions are black.  I really would like one of each color but they started the medallions after I was already Elite.  I have the bracelet so it’s nice to wear as an accessory. I want to start ordering the artwork medallions too.  

Hard as it is for me to believe - but they are for sale on ebay 🙂  You can buy an "Elite" medallion for only $69!!!  I would hope other levels are cheaper 🙂

• Haha 3

There is going to be a push to have a Solar Eclipse medallion available. Discovery Princess and Emerald Princess are both going to be at sea on the day of the Eclipse and both will be in line to have a good view of the totality. Discovery Princess is sold out unless someone drops out to book Emerald instead but that would be something you would have to snag in an instant. Cabins on Emerald Princess are available.

38 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

What difference does it make what color it is?  I would assume that the electronics knows what level you are as well as your entire life history since you were 2.

DON

No difference at all, but sone people do like to flaunt their status.

On 2/25/2023 at 3:44 AM, donaldsc said:

What difference does it make what color it is?  I would assume that the electronics knows what level you are as well as your entire life history since you were 2.

DON

Bragging rights. 😁

On 2/24/2023 at 11:05 AM, bjkTX said:

Hard as it is for me to believe - but they are for sale on ebay 🙂  You can buy an "Elite" medallion for only $69!!!  I would hope other levels are cheaper 🙂

But none of them have ever sold.  That tells me all I need to know about the value of a used medallion. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, justafem said:

But none of them have ever sold.  That tells me all I need to know about the value of a used medallion. 

I was hoping they'd sell like hot cakes - I already gathered all my Princess Luggage Tags to list....

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, justafem said:

You missed the point of buying a dead elite medallion.  You wear it around the ship to impress people so they will give you the respect that you feel you deserve while you hide the functional plebeian medallion in your pocket.  Sort of like the people who buy counterfeit high end watches,  BTW on our recent Caribbean cruise we passed a shop that openly sold fake high end watches.  As duplicates they looked pretty good.  I did not check on the prices.

DON

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

You missed the point of buying a dead elite medallion.  You wear it around the ship to impress people so they will give you the respect that you feel you deserve while you hide the functional plebeian medallion in your pocket.  Sort of like the people who buy counterfeit high end watches,  BTW on our recent Caribbean cruise we passed a shop that openly sold fake high end watches.  As duplicates they looked pretty good.  I did not check on the prices.

DON

Actually, I'm often a bit envious of the Blue Card (or Medallion) people. It may just be their first cruise with Princess but it also may very well be their first ever cruise. You only get the "WOW" of the first cruise once and it definitely can be a truly amazing thing. (I know it was for me.) As for the fake watches... Walk around Cartagena Colombia and you will be swamped by people selling "genuine" Rolex watches, Ray Ban sunglasses, Cuban cigars, etc. I have a Rolex that I wear on board but I didn't buy the thing. A dear friend bought it at a jewelry store in Sacramento and left it to me when he died. (He was only a couple of years older than me and passed a good 10 years ago.) I wouldn't pay for an item of that sort (unless I hit the lottery really big) and I really can't imagine buying a fake watch to try to impress people. (I can tell you that those who meet me definitely aren't all that  impressed. 🤪)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Actually, I'm often a bit envious of the Blue Card (or Medallion) people. It may just be their first cruise with Princess but it also may very well be their first ever cruise. You only get the "WOW" of the first cruise once and it definitely can be a truly amazing thing. (I know it was for me.) As for the fake watches... Walk around Cartagena Colombia and you will be swamped by people selling "genuine" Rolex watches, Ray Ban sunglasses, Cuban cigars, etc. I have a Rolex that I wear on board but I didn't buy the thing. A dear friend bought it at a jewelry store in Sacramento and left it to me when he died. (He was only a couple of years older than me and passed a good 10 years ago.) I wouldn't pay for an item of that sort (unless I hit the lottery really big) and I really can't imagine buying a fake watch to try to impress people. (I can tell you that those who meet me definitely aren't all that  impressed. 🤪)

Sometimes the best part of being impressive is being impressive in a subtle way.  I own an old manual wind Omega wrist watch with the original stainless steel band which is the same model that was worn by Neil Armstrong when he landed on the moon.  I wear it because I like it and because manual wind watches should be worn.  It just looks like any ordinary not-very-fancy watch (https://www.chrono24.com/omega/omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-vintage-1969--id25381660.htm) but it worth maybe $10,000.  

Most people wouldn't give it a 2nd look.  I was on a cruise once and someone at the same dining table as me looked at it and asked me if the watch was what he thought it was.  I was impressed that he knew watches and we enjoyed our dinner conversation.  The fact that he was British and was into British sports cars (we both owned 1959 Austin Healey Sprites but his was close to original and mine was significantly race modified) made the dinner conversation even better. Life can be interesting at times.

DON

Elite medallions have your Name on it, and sailing date.  I certainly wouldn't want to sell

or give an item with my Name on it.  

As far as fancy watches & jewelry?  LEAVE THEM AT HOME.

Wear the Fake stuff for travel!

I don't understand Why anyone would want to risk losing or having nice items stolen on a trip?

Once its happened to you?

You will think twice about bringing your valuables again.

We Only travel with fakes.  I try to find phoney ones that look like our Reals.

But NO WAY I'm wearing Real for travel anymore.   Good luck with that.

• 1 month later...

Go figure this one.  A few days ago we received our medallions for a cruise on the Crown on April 14. We have been Elite for a while & the medallions we received were white with the Sea Witch in dark blue .  We are in a full suite.       What’s going on . Are these a mistake . Was their announcement that I missed about this. Is it me or does Princess do a rotten job of keeping passengers informed . You guys are the only way I get any info about any changes!!!

40 minutes ago, Ronnieslady said:

Go figure this one.  A few days ago we received our medallions for a cruise on the Crown on April 14. We have been Elite for a while & the medallions we received were white with the Sea Witch in dark blue .  We are in a full suite.       What’s going on . Are these a mistake . Was their announcement that I missed about this. Is it me or does Princess do a rotten job of keeping passengers informed . You guys are the only way I get any info about any changes!!!

It sounds like a simple mistake.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

It sounds like a simple mistake.

It's not a simple mistake.

Just received white with blue sea witch for 4/11 voyage on Royal. We are platinum.

I suspect they are using up stock.

Edited by Outerdog
  • Like 2

These days, women getting married for a second time can wear white too.  Perhaps these ships are

a.  Renewed like on Logans Run

b.  Sin Free for the post Easter trip

c.  celebrating their maiden voyage's (for the second time)   (like celebrating the 44th anniversary of your 'sweet 16' birthday, rather than your 60th birthday!). 

On 2/26/2023 at 12:54 PM, donaldsc said:

DON

LOL! Who would care about getting respect from strangers?