Princess Cruise "Secrets" 2022

barbpretz

On 2/9/2022 at 2:05 AM, travelin.sisters said:

other than the things already mentioned: 

• military OBC (which is refundable)
  • the International Cafe (I am sad about how many cruises I didn't know that it was included & not an extra charge), great sandwiches & I always take zip lock baggies to have cookies in my cabin
  • pre purchase bottled water if you don't have a beverage plan
  • if your shoe falls apart on the cruise the upholsterer might be able to fix it for you (free)
  • made to order omelets in the buffet

20 hours ago, heathriel said:

Off menu.

Can you combine military credit with the 100 carnival share credit?

Edited by nursemom2

On 2/9/2022 at 8:20 PM, Thrak said:

FCD - Future Cruise Deposit - is $100. That covers the entire deposit for another cruise. (You should have one for each passenger.) In addition to that you get onboard credit which varies depending on the length of your voyage and your cabin type.

OBC From FCD

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

If you cruise out of Australia, your OBC gets converted to Australian dollars, which reduces your benefit a bit at current exchange rates.  Found out the hard way. 

1 hour ago, BridgeMates said:

How does the military obc credit get refunded?  back to original cc for the cruise or do you have to ask at Guest Services?  Thanks.

Any refundable OBC over $25 is mailed to you by check (some think it's junk mail, so be careful what you throw away). If it's $25 or less, go to Pass. Svcs near the last day to cash it out. If you forget, you lose it.

On 2/9/2022 at 9:20 AM, USCcruisecrazy said:

So, if I purchase FCC while on a cruise and I decide not to use them I get a refund?  What is the timeline that you need to either use them or get refunded?

Believe it is two years. It works like magic, they just appear back in your credit card. Don't need to do anything.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 3:18 PM, Mike45LC said:

Kmkub, wait until you try to enjoy tea in your cabin before you praise it.  Unless you are in a mini-suite or better, there is no place to sit to enjoy high tea in the cabin.  At least on the Royal class ships, the standard balconies are so small that there is no room to enjoy tea outside.  So I will stick with tea in the dining rooms or at the buffet.  Even if there is no clotted cream.

Some balconies are the larger ones on the Royal. Some include our favorite aft balconies on the Dolphin deck.

• 3 months later...

Huh? Creme brulee shows up as a Princess Favorite every night on the Island, still. At least, it was there for the last few nights.

... Wasn't very good, though. (The macaron on one of them was so hard it shattered when I bit into it.) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cruise Starter said:

Not exactly a secret but the crème brûlée is no longer a Princess Favourite on every evening menu.

It was on the menu every night on the Majestic (August/September & April) and Sky (November & December).

35 minutes ago, Cruise Starter said:

...A secret I take advantage of is the availability of a daily Sudoku and a second word puzzle every day in the Library.  

As of March, word puzzles, Sudoku and the Wake Show response forms were gone from the library due to Covid. The libraries were empty shelves, well, a few boxes of games. Paper is hard to find anywhere. Not even notepads or pens in the cabins. Pack a Sudoku book from a dollar type store if you like them on paper.

Edited by mtnesterz

15 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

As of March, word puzzles, Sudoku and the Wake Show response forms were gone from the library due to Covid. The libraries were empty shelves, well, a few boxes of games. Paper is hard to find anywhere. Not even notepads or pens in the cabins. Pack a Sudoku book from a dollar type store if you like them on paper.

We just disembarked the Royal on Saturday,  May  15, 2022 and puzzles were in the library every day.  There were plenty of books and games on the shelves as well.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

It was on the menu every night on the Majestic (August/September & April) and Sky (November & December).

Maybe crème brûlée on the evening menu is ship specific.  It was no longer available on the Royal on the cruise we just disembarked.  

On 2/9/2022 at 6:12 PM, scooter6139 said:

Is this available to Suite guests?  We are only Platinum members so far but are staying in a full Suite on the next cruise.  Wife and I love High Tea!

Yes you can request afternoon tea in your full suite.  I believe you need to order it by morning for same day delivery.  Check when you get in to your suite what the rules are.  It’s been a while for me.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Cruise Starter said:

Maybe crème brûlée on the evening menu is ship specific.  It was no longer available on the Royal on the cruise we just disembarked.  

Sorry to hear this as our next cruise is on the Royal and I love crème  brûlée.

Because the walls and ceiling are made of metal, magnets stick really well to them.   Invest in some of these heavy duty magnets, they work so well.   We hang our beach bags, lanyards, hats, shoe holders from them.   Make sure to get the 100# magnets.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B075J9WNSY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 12.53.57 PM.png

01A41C20-B8C0-4364-91EE-32920936959A.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cruise Starter said:

We just disembarked the Royal on Saturday,  May  15, 2022 and puzzles were in the library every day.  There were plenty of books and games on the shelves as well.

Thanks! Good to know things are getting back to normal. I guess we started back cruising too early.

On 5/16/2022 at 12:55 PM, cruzin4us said:

Because the walls and ceiling are made of metal, magnets stick really well to them.   Invest in some of these heavy duty magnets, they work so well.   We hang our beach bags, lanyards, hats, shoe holders from them.   Make sure to get the 100# magnets.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B075J9WNSY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 12.53.57 PM.png

01A41C20-B8C0-4364-91EE-32920936959A.jpeg

@cruzin4usI'd like to know where your pocket organizer is hanging from. I often place mine on the bathroom door, but your location looks better! I use the magnet hooks and organizer as well. Great help for keeping things in view. Thanks! Ohhh - I think I see now - you have used your magnet hooks on the ceiling - awesome! And thanks!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@cruzin4usI'd like to know where your pocket organizer is hanging from. I often place mine on the bathroom door, but your location looks better! I use the magnet hooks and organizer as well. Great help for keeping things in view. Thanks! Ohhh - I think I see now - you have used your magnet hooks on the ceiling - awesome! And thanks!

Ha.....I had to improvise since I lost the hooks that go with the pocket organizer.    I like this WAY better too!   It's out of the way and not always flapping against the bathroom door.   I use the #100 magnets too.

• Like 3

On 2/9/2022 at 8:21 PM, Kmkub said:

Was it in the buffet? We asked a crew member to point us to the tea sandwiches, and they were some sort of roast beef thing on a Hawaiian roll. There were no scones. 

We are going on the Regal in three weeks. Hopefully can do it at least once.

I heard it is in one of the MDR’s. I watched a you-tube video.

On 5/16/2022 at 11:34 AM, mtnesterz said:

Here’s the Emerald last month. There were a couple of teenagers playing something on the desks there, too.

C482EE6F-2533-4D94-92A4-1878FB780C5E.jpeg

8 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

Ha.....I had to improvise since I lost the hooks that go with the pocket organizer.    I like this WAY better too!   It's out of the way and not always flapping against the bathroom door.   I use the #100 magnets too.

@cruzin4usThank you! Can't wait to try it out your way. I'm just off the Royal P.

• Like 2