Electrical outlets on Celebrity ships?

Marty845

@cruisestitch is correct but as in many of the revolutionized ships they are in little blocks that make it difficult  for some UK passengers to plug in an UK to EU adapter.   Also difficult to plug in a multiplug 120 outlet. 

If I recall they also have an 120 outlet next to the bed with 2 more USB

New tech on the Celebrity Edge

Celebrity Edge - Accommodation and Food - Sparkx - Cruise & Travel

E class much better than S class for number of outlets.. if you need more.. you might also bring an adaptor... If I recall there is also a plug in the E class bathroom... there is one near the ceiling in the S class bathroom... I used that to charge my phone last cruise.

• Like 1

They are very stingy on the amount of USB a ports and electrical outlets for a ship that  has been designed for and brags about the technology.  

My wife and I have IPhones, IPads and Apple watches.   Not enough outlets to charge them during the night to be available for the next day.   

The only alternative is to leave one in the cabin charging during the day.   I don’t like doing that because if it comes up missing is there any way to prove that it was really there?   Don’t really know if it would be of use to anyone without the code to unlock but I am sure that if they steal it they know how to get around it 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

10 minutes ago, miched said:

They are very stingy on the amount of USB a ports and electrical outlets for a ship that  has been designed for and brags about the technology.  

My wife and I have IPhones, IPads and Apple watches.   Not enough outlets to charge them during the night to be available for the next day.   

The only alternative is to leave one in the cabin charging during the day.   I don’t like doing that because if it comes up missing is there any way to prove that it was really there?   Don’t really know if it would be of use to anyone without the code to unlock but I am sure that if they steal it they know how to get around it 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You might look at an octopus cable like this.  This one has 2 lightning cables, one type c and one mini-usb.    Can charger multiple devices at same time.   They also have a triple iPhone only cable. 

image.thumb.png.a8028bab85ccd7d0bf0fa63e09c3b2a2.png

image.thumb.png.9faab8ba6ef3a24585f16192e7f4296c.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You might look at an octopus cable like this.  This one has 2 lightning cables, one type c and one mini-usb.    Can charger multiple devices at same time.   They also have a triple iPhone only cable. 

FA8347C4-DD25-4923-9B94-F99ADC4D4176.jpeg

Or a charging pad.  It even charges my Sonicare toothbrush. 

59 minutes ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We have 2 iPhones, 2 iPads , a camera battery & razor that need charging and find the E Class has enough outlets.  OTOH on the Reflection CS has 1 outlet  in view and today we found a 2nd under the desk.

27 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have 2 iPhones, 2 iPads , a camera battery & razor that need charging and find the E Class has enough outlets.  OTOH on the Reflection CS has 1 outlet  in view and today we found a 2nd under the desk.

I'm a real electronics geeks and don't even have a count of the things I need USB charging.  I've always found more than enough port but also find alternatives while traveling -  I buy multi port charging blocks in UK, EU and US plug configuration -   The Anker 3 USB port charging block was my go to solution before seeing the Octopus cable in an Uber.   The driver had a long cable to allow passengers with any type phone to charge while riding.

image.png.fe13bc0dd3fcc1608d9d555d02cc3d76.png

• Like 1