Coco Cay without spending a fortune?

So we just booked a cruise on the Liberty that goes to Coco Cay. I just want to grab a clamshell or an umbrella and a couple chairs somewhere and relax. Not interested in spending a couple hundred bucks on something I don't really want to. We haven't been to Coco Cay for years so we're just looking for a place to relax. Can we just walk off the ship and find a place to just do our own thing? Also, is there a free buffet on the island or do we have to pay extra on the island?

thanks

Beach/pool loungers and umbrellas are plentiful and complimentary.  The complimentary buffet lunch has a nice variety.  The complimentary pool  is large and enjoyable.  

There are several beach/pool   areas.  Take   look at the   maps when you get Coco Cay and decide what is best for you.

enjoy

M

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nbsjcruiser said:

I just want to grab an umbrella and a couple chairs somewhere and relax.

Absolutely free. 
Free.

All of those chaises and umbrellas to the left of the day beds were free. If there are two ships in port, like it was that day, by 10 am most will be taken - in the Chill Island/Breezy Bay area, because most people usually go to these areas first and then stick around.

1147049615_20211127_162524-Copy.thumb.jpg.0d9a82405441fc239f92ea9f2326601a.jpg

Chill Island - rows and rows of chaises and umbrellas:

1693229405_20211127_113300-Copy.thumb.jpg.687d799a48a440de7153a11713db977b.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J&L~SetSail said:

Don't forget to visit the Snack Shack. Also free (the one outside of the waterpark).  Chicken sandwich, mozzarella sticks and funnel cakes. 

all were great quality and highly enjoyable!!!! We all had two funnel cakes each! Worth it, though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hollon said:

what time does the buffet start and end?  I'll be on jet skiis around 11:30 and wondering if they'll be open afterwards, what all free food is avail?

definitely still open. We went to Snack shack which, I think, offers slightly different foods, and they had: deep fried plain chicken sandwich, same sandwich with lettuce and tomato, cold grilled veggies, fries, salads, funnel cakes, cookies, some fruit, mozarella sticks. All of these were delicious!

They may have also had hot dogs and burgers, but I honestly just don't remember. I usually only remember what we personally have.  

• Like 1

Was there in September on Oasis and I stopped at the first beach area right after the overpass.  I can't recall whether it was called Oasis or Harbor beach.  This beach/swim area is protected and the water is warm and calm.  Also, you have a beautiful view of the docked ship.  Loungers and umbrellas are included.  Near the buffet area.  

Diamond and higher tiers that have drinks loaded to your seapass are accepted at the bars.

2 hours ago, nbsjcruiser said:

So we just booked a cruise on the Liberty that goes to Coco Cay. I just want to grab a clamshell or an umbrella and a couple chairs somewhere and relax. Not interested in spending a couple hundred bucks on something I don't really want to. We haven't been to Coco Cay for years so we're just looking for a place to relax. Can we just walk off the ship and find a place to just do our own thing? Also, is there a free buffet on the island or do we have to pay extra on the island?

thanks

Just there on Christmas Eve and didn't spend a dime.  Left the ship early, but not with the first wave of folks and we were able to find plenty of chairs on the beach with umbrellas.  Took in the sun, swam a bit, walked a bit, then had lunch at the inlcuded buffet - not bad at all.  Hot dogs, burgers, salads, I think tacos, nothing outstanding, but all was good.  Keep in mind they do have limited hours of operation so check on what those are and plan accordingly.

I never spend a single dime on Coco Cay, other than a buck a drink for a tip (which I also spend on the ship, so I don't consider that spending extra money since I would have spent the same on board).  

I get a lounger with an umbrella, eat at one of the buffets and/or Snack Shack, and my drink package and wifi packages work on the island.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

definitely still open. We went to Snack shack which, I think, offers slightly different foods, and they had: deep fried plain chicken sandwich, same sandwich with lettuce and tomato, cold grilled veggies, fries, salads, funnel cakes, cookies, some fruit, mozarella sticks. All of these were delicious!

They may have also had hot dogs and burgers, but I honestly just don't remember. I usually only remember what we personally have.  

thank you !!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, J&L~SetSail said:

Don't forget to visit the Snack Shack. Also free (the one outside of the waterpark).  Chicken sandwich, mozzarella sticks and funnel cakes. 

Snack Shack has a ‘secret sandwich’ that’s not on the menu. Just ask for a chicken parmigiana sandwich. They’ll give you a crispy chicken sandwich with mozzarella sticks and marinara sauce.

No need to spend a dime. The beach club was selling for around $70 in December. Price is like $150 now. Felt no need to pay even the lower price. Lots of chairs available and the floating bar was empty for a couple of hours when we swam over. Only problem was a guy who felt the need to take my wife's stool at the bar with underwater chairs at the pool.

She had to go to the restroom and came right back. I confronted him and said you rather her pee in the pool. I asked for security, but not nearby. We moved on after waiting a few minutes. Wasn't quite the perfect day because of this rude person.

Edited by coaster

11 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Also Cuban Samiches, which were not edible because the were hard as a rock from setting out too long.  taco bar (no resemblance to Mexican tacos at all)   soft serve machine ( fantastic and very popular).  Hotdogs and burgers (ask for a fresh one or they will be cold).  

• Thanks 1

The self serve Heineken tap was useless there. In the bright sun and could not see the screen. The staff there could not figure it out after reporting it. Love the concept of it, but not they need to move it somewhere else where sunlight is not a factor.

Edited by coaster

14 hours ago, J&L~SetSail said:

i wish I had seen the shack early.  The day I went I had eaten at the other areas and then noticed this place,

I will keep it in mind for two more trips this year.  Hoping the pool is warmer as well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, joeyancho said:

Also Cuban Samiches, which were not edible because the were hard as a rock from setting out too long.  taco bar (no resemblance to Mexican tacos at all)   soft serve machine ( fantastic and very popular).  

We didn't see any of these choices at the Snack Shack. I am sure my boys would have loved the soft serve ice cream - they cruise to eat it in unlimited quantities. Perhaps, this was at the Chill Grill? 

Nothing was "out" in the snack shack besides cookies and fruit. You stood in line, you ordered at a window, and you were handed the food - hot and fresh. Sometimes it took a long time for in-demand items, like funnel cakes.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy