Difference between non-Haven located suites on Joy?

mafig

Haven't been on Norwegian in several years.  When we were we were on the smaller ships, (Pearl, Jewel), w/o large Havens.

Looking at some good pricing on Joy.

Can someone tell me the difference(s) between these categories:  HJ, HI, HG?  I understand they have Haven access but are not physically located there.

I'd like you hear about room size, balcony size, and your opinions, of course🙂   

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Haven't been on Norwegian in several years.  When we were we were on the smaller ships, (Pearl, Jewel), w/o large Havens.

Looking at some good pricing on Joy.

Can someone tell me the difference(s) between these categories:  HJ, HI, HG?  I understand they have Haven access but are not physically located there.

I'd like you hear about room size, balcony size, and your opinions, of course🙂   

There are some old you tube videos (2019) of the suites. At that time they were calle conciegere suites. If you look at the description on the web site, the HJ & HI have more square footage than the lowest suite in the Haven proper. Had originally booked an HJ then upgraded to an aft balcony. So didn't stay in one. However in our travels we went past the HJ Haven suites while the room steward was cleaning, door open. Looked like a nice roomy suite.

Thank you for your feedback.

I know from reading here to stay away from the aft suites on Joy because of vibration.

I'll look on web sites for concierge suites, and, hopefully,, others will chime in here to help me out.

It's been really hard to do research because I don't know what these rooms were called before other than Concierge suites.  

Can someone tell me what they were called before?

If anyone knows anything more about them, for instance room size, balcony size, any pros or cons on them.   They are all around the same price.

Hi, we had the HG, forward facing Haven suite (12108) and it was lovely.  It comprised of a lounge with a balcony and bedroom with a forward facing window.  There was a nice big bathroom with two sinks, a huge shower and a tub.  The suite is not located in the Haven but our card opened the door into the Haven so we had full access to the Haven area as required.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mafig said:

Can someone tell me the difference(s) between these categories:  HJ, HI, HG?

HI/HJ (formerly Concierge Suites) - HI is larger than HJ but HJ sleeps more (4 vs. 3).

HG (formerly H7) -  Is as described by SpainAlien but note that 13108 is wheelchair accessible and has 1 large room and 1 large bathroom with a forward-facing window. Both suites on deck 13 have a partially enclosed balcony.  

Edited by Two Wheels Only

5 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

Hi, we had the HG, forward facing Haven suite (12108) and it was lovely.  It comprised of a lounge with a balcony and bedroom with a forward facing window.  There was a nice big bathroom with two sinks, a huge shower and a tub.  The suite is not located in the Haven but our card opened the door into the Haven so we had full access to the Haven area as required.  

I thought I was leaning toward the Haven Penthouse Suite but I saw a view of your suite and I really like it.  However, that's a pretty small balcony.  Did you find it so or was there so much more to do on the ship that it didn't bother you. 

I find I think I want a large balcony, but after the cruise is over, I realize  that I really didn't use it as much as I thought I would.

4 hours ago, mafig said:

I thought I was leaning toward the Haven Penthouse Suite but I saw a view of your suite and I really like it.  However, that's a pretty small balcony.  Did you find it so or was there so much more to do on the ship that it didn't bother you. 

I find I think I want a large balcony, but after the cruise is over, I realize  that I really didn't use it as much as I thought I would.

It is quite a small balcony but sufficient and we found that we were either in the lounge or bedroom when we were in the cabin.  Mostly we were out on deck or in a bar/restaurant .  Don't forget to grab a lounger and a beach towel (as a blanket):at night to watch the films on the big screen on the deck

By the way as a Haven guest on boarding day you can eat for free at the American Diner if you like that sort of thing. It is typically quiet but you have to pay for milkshakes.

• Thanks 1

thank you debnjoe.  I usually skip over any cabin that has "family" in it, thinking it's mainly meant for, well, families (4 or more).  This is quite nice, and doesn't seem like it's meant for a large group.

thanks again, for directing me here.🙂

We're on the Joy this coming September in exactly the room you're looking at. I don't recall the cabin number, but it's the one with a slightly angled balcony (we prefer those if we can snag them since they give you a smidge more balcony space). Not sure when you were looking to sail, but if you can wait until September I'll come back with a bunch of pictures.

I have a few saved from someone else who stayed in my room previously, I'll just have to dig to find them. We opted for that room over the 'Haven proper' in the courtyard because it was a much bigger room for much less money, and even though it's not right there... it's right near the midship elevator to take me right there. So for us, much better than being aft - that's too far away for us.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mafig said:

thank you debnjoe.  I usually skip over any cabin that has "family" in it, thinking it's mainly meant for, well, families (4 or more).  This is quite nice, and doesn't seem like it's meant for a large group.

thanks again, for directing me here.🙂

You're welcome

33 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

We're on the Joy this coming September in exactly the room you're looking at. I don't recall the cabin number, but it's the one with a slightly angled balcony (we prefer those if we can snag them since they give you a smidge more balcony space). Not sure when you were looking to sail, but if you can wait until September I'll come back with a bunch of pictures.

I have a few saved from someone else who stayed in my room previously, I'll just have to dig to find them. We opted for that room over the 'Haven proper' in the courtyard because it was a much bigger room for much less money, and even though it's not right there... it's right near the midship elevator to take me right there. So for us, much better than being aft - that's too far away for us.

Beck in October, 2020, when I was researching the 16 September 2022 cruise on Norwegian Joy, I selected HI suite 14778 for the same reasons you outlined above.  (14778 is the HI suite with the angled balcony on the starboard side.)  It's notably larger and significantly cheaper than the courtyard suites on the Haven deck proper.  And it's close aboard to the elevators.  That we have to take a two-minute elevator ride to get to the Haven facilities isn't going to put us out, any.

On 2/10/2022 at 5:30 PM, mafig said:

Haven't been on Norwegian in several years.  When we were we were on the smaller ships, (Pearl, Jewel), w/o large Havens. Looking at some good pricing on Joy. Can someone tell me the difference(s) between these categories:  HJ, HI, HG?  I understand they have Haven access but are not physically located there. I'd like you hear about room size, balcony size, and your opinions, of course🙂   

On most big ships, about 1/3 of the Haven rooms are not physically in the Haven complex. On the Joy, about 1/2 of the Haven rooms are not physically in the Haven complex. We actually prefer the rooms outside the Haven complex because you get all of the benefits, with a lot lower cost. You just have to walk a few steps more to get to the Haven Restaurant, lounge, courtyard, and sundecks. 

HG are forward facing Haven rooms. We like them because they are cheaper, you get a separate living room, and some nice forward facing views (out a porthole) - a lot more space than more expensive Haven rooms (571-595 sq ft). The balconies are small (27-46 sq ft) on the side of the ship. 

HI and HJ are just single room balcony suites. The difference is the size. HI 436-449 sq ft with a 87-97 sq ft balcony. HJ 381 sq ft with a 61 sq ft balcony. 

Note: Compare the HI and HJ to the much more expensive (and smaller) HE rooms physically in the Have with 374 sq ft and 43 sq ft balcony. 

• Thanks 1