Freedom Solarium

ShrinkinTexas

OP: 

What?Where is the solarium on Freedom?  Is that the aft pool/hot tub area that can be covered in bad weather? 

Or are you talking about the hot tub that used to be off the gym?  I thought that was converted to other uses like cycling, yoga, etc. on Conquest class ships.

• Like 1

As you know the Freedom is a Conquest class ship, and here are some of my images from the aft pool area on that class. Our experience is they have the roof open during the day and close it at night and in inclement weather. This is a great place to sit at the tables along the window for a game of cards or dominoes.

Not sure where the comment about this area perhaps being closed due to ship passenger count, but based on our experience so far and friends that hasn't been the case.

See you at sea.

Aft Pool.jpg

IMG_1291.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

GOPR1068.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

Add.jpg

Edited by BallFour4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, evandbob said:

What?Where is the solarium on Freedom? 

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I know RCI has Solariums, but I didn’t know Carnival had them. But I haven’t been on every Carnival ship. Could you mean Serenity?

Solarium on Freedom is Deck 12.... Aft

20220211-160047.jpg

20220211-160952.jpg

🙂

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 2

That pool pictured above is on deck 9. They almost always have the roof open. The hot tub up fron inside the gym is long gone. the pool on deck 9 aft is the same as the mid ship lido pool, no DJ, not many kids, but they do play music. They serve alot of drinks there, and the restrooms are right inside the door, but I hardly see them leave the pool. I wouldn't call it serene.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bgcruising said:

That pool pictured above is on deck 9. They almost always have the roof open. The hot tub up fron inside the gym is long gone. the pool on deck 9 aft is the same as the mid ship lido pool, no DJ, not many kids, but they do play music. They serve alot of drinks there, and the restrooms are right inside the door, but I hardly see them leave the pool. I wouldn't call it serene.

Agree the aft pool isn't exactly serene, but it is less crazy than the mid-ship pool.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 3:06 PM, ObstructedView2 said:

Solarium on Freedom is Deck 12.... Aft

20220211-160047.jpg

20220211-160952.jpg

As a point of reference, the pools on Conquest Class ships are on the Lido Deck 9. As someone else shared the pool photo from your post is the aft pool on the Lido. The next level has sun loungers and then the sports decks are above that.

The Glory has (had?) a hot tub accessible from the gym up front. It felt great on our Canada cruise after a long bike ride in Halifax.

40 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

As a point of reference, the pools on Conquest Class ships are on the Lido Deck 9. As someone else shared the pool photo from your post is the aft pool on the Lido. The next level has sun loungers and then the sports decks are above that.

The Glory has (had?) a hot tub accessible from the gym up front. It felt great on our Canada cruise after a long bike ride in Halifax.

Yep, deck 9.... I ran out of time to edit my post. 

Thank you!

🙂

The Solarium is the adults-only pool. It is deck 9 aft where the pizza pirate, seafood shack, swirl it up, and a bar are. Only the pool and hot tubs are adults only. But it is much more quiet than the main pool area.

I've been on Conquest class ships over 20 times, and I think this is the 1st time I've evr heard of the aft pool being called a solarium.  Hence my earlier questions in post #3.

I still wouldn't call the aft pool a solarium though, I guess different definitions for different folk.  The roof is usually only closed when it rains or it gets stuck there.  So maybe 90% of the time, maybe 95%, it is an open area pool.

so·lar·i·um
/səˈlerēəm/
  1. a room fitted with extensive areas of glass to admit sunlight.
    • a room equipped with sunlamps or tanning beds that can be used to acquire an artificial suntan.

24 minutes ago, evandbob said:

I've been on Conquest class ships over 20 times, and I think this is the 1st time I've evr heard of the aft pool being called a solarium.  Hence my earlier questions in post #3.

I still wouldn't call the aft pool a solarium though, I guess different definitions for different folk.  The roof is usually only closed when it rains or it gets stuck there.  So maybe 90% of the time, maybe 95%, it is an open area pool.

so·lar·i·um
/səˈlerēəm/
  1. a room fitted with extensive areas of glass to admit sunlight.
    • a room equipped with sunlamps or tanning beds that can be used to acquire an artificial suntan.

The aft pool is not the Solarium that was a misunderstanding, the Solarium is the small deck directly circling the funnel. On Freedom, it's a deck above the sports deck and mini golf. I couldn't figure out how to get up there, I believe it's been closed off recently.