Not exactly live from the Ruby Princess

PescadoAmarillo

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

That is why you are suppose to start very early.  Hot and dry.  Stay hydrated.  If someone had told me there were x number of stairs at the end....I would never have gone.  One of the "tamer" hikes on the island.

We did, about 8am when they opened, it was a weirdly hot day.  But it was worth it. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 10:45 AM, 1025cruise said:

What's the secret to letting your hubby cruise without you? I need to share it with my wife. I am in dire need of a "mindless" vacation. I don't care where I go, I'd just stay on the ship anyways. 

I book a cruise and tell DH I'm going. He's decided he doesn't want to leave his 95-year-old mother. He's an only child. My brother and I used to coordinate our cruises so one of us would be in town for our mother before she died. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

DH says DMW remains an issue. There is no overriding the computer.  If you’re not the kind of person who met with the Maitre d’ on the first day of each cruise, this probably won’t matter, but if you are, it’s changed things up quite a bit. 

UGH!!!  I am prepared to work with DR mgmt like before.  He may not have a scheduled setup on Day 1, but we can still seek him or assistant out if things are not copacetic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

On board lecturer David Wiemers, will be on until Fort Lauderdale and then moves to the Regal Princess transatlantic to Barcelona. 

AE8A2229-7BD6-4915-9269-2574FAC900CA.jpeg

Sounds great since we will be joining for the Panama Canal trip and then joining the Regal for the same trip. Looking forward to it 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Photos from the freight port at Kahului. We think that first photo is Haleakala. (Edited, now we think it is Pu’u Kukui in the West Maui Mountains). 

F170089B-254A-4FB5-9FD5-87440CCEBA83.jpeg

91BE9122-3A4D-4980-ACE5-3EADE7C8BB23.jpeg

Sure looks like the main avenue is "FAR" away.  Any shuttles?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

On board lecturer David Wiemers, will be on until Fort Lauderdale and then moves to the Regal Princess transatlantic to Barcelona. 

AE8A2229-7BD6-4915-9269-2574FAC900CA.jpeg

Is that David Wiemers who wrote all my favorite cartoon episodes?

7 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Photos from the freight port at Kahului. We think that first photo is Haleakala. (Edited, now we think it is Pu’u Kukui in the West Maui Mountains). 

F170089B-254A-4FB5-9FD5-87440CCEBA83.jpeg

91BE9122-3A4D-4980-ACE5-3EADE7C8BB23.jpeg

Based on Google Maps satellite image of the direction ships dock the first photo from the forward deck is Haleakala and the second photo is the West Maui mountains (Pu’u Kukui). 

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Sure looks like the main avenue is "FAR" away.  Any shuttles?

The 2nd photo is of the west end of Kahului Harbor (UH Maui and Maui Arts & Cultural Center) and not where Tasaka Guri Guri is located about 0.7 miles from the ship.

image.thumb.jpeg.450ca5c3f81e23b30dfd6846dea8dc59.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on Google Maps satellite image of the direction ships dock the first photo from the forward deck is Haleakala and the second photo is the West Maui mountains (Pu’u Kukui). 

Thank you!  DH did tell me later today he thought he had been turned around when he told me that.  It sure looked like Haleakala to me. 

He also said there is a CVS and a Whole Foods about a 20 minute walk from the ship. I asked him if he saw a HOHO trolley called the Hula Hula Hopper when he was out but he had not. I’m not certain if it’s currently operating..

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Thank you!  DH did tell me later today he thought he had been turned around when he told me that.  It sure looked like Haleakala to me. 

My current view of Haleakala is completely obscured by clouds from our South Maui home & you were correct about his Central Maui view. 🙂

Thanks for posting about his Hawaii cruise…it’s our favorite itinerary from LA when we’re back on the Mainland in SoCal. 😎

• Like 1

He sent tonight’s menu! He doesn’t very often because he’s often seated at a large table and it’s inconvenient to take pics. 

I had leftover edamame stir fry served over quinoa.  No starter, no soup, no salad, no dessert. Roughing it. 😉

540E780C-DEDB-4A9C-B467-66E794F3A801.jpeg

DD4F637E-DF27-442B-8A85-3B94BACCCF0C.jpeg

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for relaying messages from your husband. Would you please ask him

again if he would find out how many passengers on next cruise going to the Panama Canal

om Feb. 25th and maybe even the 2nd one on March 12th.

You said he's extending his cruise. Is he staying on for the 2 Panama cruises since you

said joining him on March 27th?  Been following your blogs for years be nice to say Hi to him.

Like to say Hi to you too but will miss you as I get off as you get on. Thank you for blogging

your cruises with pictures for us to enjoy over the years. Especially the places that we might never be able to visit.

Again, thank him and you for giving information on the Ruby.

• Like 1