2 Meal Dining Package

TTimmy58

It means you can eat in two speciality dining restaurants for free, I.e Cagneys, LeBistro, La Cucina, etc. You can have multiple starters, one main course and multiple desserts but some waiters will try to restrict you to one choice from each section

Just now, SpainAlien said:

It means you can eat in two speciality dining restaurants for free, I.e Cagneys, LeBistro, La Cucina, etc. You can have multiple starters, one main course and multiple desserts but some waiters will try to restrict you to one choice from each section

Thank you for the quick reply

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CryptoTim said:

Wonder why I was only allowed to book 1? Does it have to be within a certain number of days?

Totally depends on when you booked. If you booked after Jan 18, 2022, all perks/benefits reduced drastically. 

I booked today and the promo is for 2 specialty dinners but after booking 1 I get a message saying there is a conflict with something already in my cart but nothing is in my cart. I called and asked and was told I could just wait until I am onboard to make reservations so I guess that what I will do but I read where if you don't make reservations ahead of time there may not be any left. Been years since I cruised and I'm not sure how all this works.

You can book as many meals as you want, regardless of what package you have (or even if you don’t have any package at all), so that isn’t what is causing the problem. Maybe you have something else already booked at the same time, like entertainment? If not then it looks like it’s just a problem with the system.

You often are restricted to only being able to book specific numbers of people, such as the tables for two you are seeing. Just book for two, you will be seated at a table for two anyway.

They only make a proportion of spaces available for pre booking. Those may sell out before your cruise, but even then there will be many spaces available for people to book onboard.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CryptoTim said:

I booked today and the promo is for 2 specialty dinners but after booking 1 I get a message saying there is a conflict with something already in my cart but nothing is in my cart. I called and asked and was told I could just wait until I am onboard to make reservations so I guess that what I will do but I read where if you don't make reservations ahead of time there may not be any left. Been years since I cruised and I'm not sure how all this works.

They allocate a number of time slots for prebooking and once they are filled that is that. However, NCL does not allocate all the time slots so when you get onboard you should be able to either book from the desk, the app, the tv in your room or else the flat screens located around the ship.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CryptoTim said:

• If you're a solo cruiser, make your reservations for 2. They used to have an option to book a table for 1 but I haven't seen that lately. It's the same size table anyway so it's fine.
  • However, if you want to dine at Teppanyaki, make your reservation for two but after boarding, contact dining reservations to let them know you're solo. That will free up a spot at the shared table.
  • Only about a third of the possible dining reservations are available for pre-booking. The rest can be booked onboard. You can book reservations via your room TV, the NCL app (while connected to ship wifi, no internet package required), the information boards near the elevator banks, the reservations desk (location noted in your daily sheet), or a phone call to dining reservations.
  • Some of the restaurants will fill quickly, especially for prime dining times. Make your reservations shortly after boarding! However, even the popular spots may have slots available later if you're willing to dine early or late.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

Does the "etc." include Teppanaki?

2 hours ago, CryptoTim said:

Also thought it was strange since I am a solo cruiser that the only option for reservations was for 2 people.

The smallest tables they have seat two persons.  If you are dining alone, you will be seated at a table for two, so it really doesn't matter to them if one or two people are on the reservation, it takes up the same space in the restaurant.

On 2/12/2022 at 7:31 AM, hallux said:
  • Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro
  • Additional main courses will be charged at the a la carte price listed on the menu

This was clipped from above referenced site. There is no mention of starters or deserts being included (or excluded) So What is actually included in in the Specialty Dining Package??

6 hours ago, markieb said:
  • Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro
  • Additional main courses will be charged at the a la carte price listed on the menu

This was clipped from above referenced site. There is no mention of starters or deserts being included (or excluded) So What is actually included in in the Specialty Dining Package??

The meal includes starters, entrees, sides and desserts. The part you copied is just stating that you can’t order multiple main courses.

• 2 months later...

Quick question about the specialty dining on NCL. With the promotion we have, we get 2 meals for 2 people. We are traveling with our daughters (ages 17 and 11 - in the same room). Can we use 4 meals for one nice dinner out? We were thinking of doing Teppanaki. This is a per person charge so it would be most cost efficient for us to do it this way. Thanks in advance for your advice! 

8 minutes ago, jensoldan said:

Quick question about the specialty dining on NCL. With the promotion we have, we get 2 meals for 2 people. We are traveling with our daughters (ages 17 and 11 - in the same room). Can we use 4 meals for one nice dinner out? We were thinking of doing Teppanaki. This is a per person charge so it would be most cost efficient for us to do it this way. Thanks in advance for your advice! 

No, the dining package isn’t transferable, so you can’t use it in that way.

On the first day, ask to speak with someone from the food and beverage department.  Often they will make exceptions.

Someone on these boards may say no but someone on the ship may say yes.  It’s worth it to ask.

On 2/12/2022 at 1:20 PM, TTimmy58 said:

Also thought it was strange since I am a solo cruiser that the only option for reservations was for 2 people.

Book for 2 and then go to the solo meetup and see if anyone either wants to join you or just go by yourself. 
Also usually the solo host should be able to help you with reservations (at least they used to) 

If you have a good host they will plan nights out at some of the  specialty restaurants for a group. The only drawback is you are stuck on that time which usually is early 

Edited by kelib

15 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

On the first day, ask to speak with someone from the food and beverage department.  Often they will make exceptions.

Someone on these boards may say no but someone on the ship may say yes.  It’s worth it to ask.

Agreed, it never hurts to ask, but keep your expectations realistic. It would be very unusual for them to make an exception on this.

Edited by KeithJenner

On 2/12/2022 at 4:09 PM, The Traveling Man said:

The smallest tables they have seat two persons.  If you are dining alone, you will be seated at a table for two, so it really doesn't matter to them if one or two people are on the reservation, it takes up the same space in the restaurant.

We always have issues booking for three as well -- it is not available or only available at weird times. We just book for four and go from there.