Pcr tests only now?

codeyell0

The testing page was updated today. Now the antigen test is not listed as it was. I'm traveling Monday the 14th and the page was updated feb 12th. 

Guests ages 2 and older must present a negative PCR COVID-19 test, taken within 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date at check-in

We just took the cvs rapid test. But it's an antigen test not pcr

What kind of pre-cruise COVID-19 tests are acceptable?

Guests must be tested with a COVID-19 viral test that is either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT).

Antigen tests include (acceptable for fully vaccinated guests only):

• Rapid antigen test
  • Viral antigen test
  • Antigen Chromatographic Digital Immunoassay
  • Antigen Chemiluminescence Immunoassay, or
  • Antigen Lateral Flow Fluorescence

NAAT include (acceptable for vaccinated and unvaccinated guests):

• PCR – Polymerase chain reaction
  • RT-PCR – reverse transcription real time PCR
  • Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
  • Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) test
  • Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA) test
  • Molecular test or molecular diagnostic test
  • Isothermal amplification
  • Droplet Digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)
  • Clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)

A rapid antigen or rapid PCR test is acceptable (of the test types listed above).

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/return-to-service-faqs

12 minutes ago, codeyell0 said:

The testing page was updated today. Now the antigen test is not listed as it was. I'm traveling Monday the 14th and the page was updated feb 12th. 

Guests ages 2 and older must present a negative PCR COVID-19 test, taken within 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date at check-in

I think you’re looking at the section for unvaccinated guests.  For vaccinated guests, the requirement is still having a test 2 days or less before the cruise, and it can be antigen.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, codeyell0 said:

You left off the most important line, which appears immediately above the blurb you copied and pasted from the webpage.

It reads:

"Unvaccinated guests granted an exemption must abide by certain requirements and protocols, which include:"

So if you are fully vaccinated you can go by the information mz-s posted above. the paragraphs that you are copying from only apply to unvaccinated.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

You left off the most important line, which appears immediately above the blurb you copied and pasted from the webpage.

It reads:

"Unvaccinated guests granted an exemption must abide by certain requirements and protocols, which include:"

So if you are fully vaccinated you can go by the information mz-s posted above. the paragraphs that you are copying from only apply to unvaccinated.

I was looking at the testing section.

I did not see the section below posted above.  Showing more specific info.  Thank you.

Testing

Guests ages 2 and older must present a negative PCR COVID-19 test, taken within 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date at check-in (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday through Friday, but not on the morning of embarkation). 

40 minutes ago, codeyell0 said:

I was looking at the testing section.

I did not see the section below posted above.  Showing more specific info.  Thank you.

Testing

Guests ages 2 and older must present a negative PCR COVID-19 test, taken within 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date at check-in (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday through Friday, but not on the morning of embarkation). 

You are quoting from the Unvaccinated Guests heading, as has already been explained to you.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Just proves the point that one needs to read the entire section and not pick and choose....

One can read the entire section on any of the documents and still get confused. There are so many “howevers” and “but if you” statements and sub paragraphs it can get complicated. The only point proven is that one must read and reread and then ask questions without the threat of getting a putdown here. 

• Like 8

It’s pretty plain to me! The Vaccinated Guests is highlighted in blue, you read thru that, then the next Major Section highlighted in blue is Unvaccinated guests. Everything below that is for unvaccinated only, until the end or the next major heading highlighted in blue!

17 hours ago, bafinegan said:

Just proves the point that one needs to read the entire section and not pick and choose....

indeed. This gave me a heart attack for no reason. PCRs are hugely pricey for rush ones where I’m from - and I only need an antigen to enter the US - so I’m glad that being vaccinated is paying off here!!