CVS Rapid Tests Antigen

mermaidgal

On 2/13/2022 at 1:35 PM, poocher said:

Our 2 week window opens 2/26.  I look for the furthest out date every day to gauge how quickly the appointments fill up.  I will need 2 anytime and 1 after 5pm.  So far pretty much the whole day is open when I look around 8 am.

I can book Thursday so will get that done and then book the county site or Walgreens as my backup, just in case.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

We have had three done at CVS and are going Friday for our 2/20 Cruise. We have never paid a penny.

CVS recently changed the initial questions.

One question previously asked was,......are you required to be tested for travel.....which of course was yes.  

I smell all insurance companies causing this change in questioning.

Eddie

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2022 at 12:26 PM, The sea calls my name said:

We have had three done at CVS and are going Friday for our 2/20 Cruise. We have never paid a penny.

Yes, I’ve done several tests with CVS and never was I charged. Wasn’t done for travel just when I felt a bit under the weather was afraid I might have COVID.

Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but is the Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW) accepted by Royal?  I cannot tell from the Royal FAQs and we have no Walgreens near us that do the Antigen testing.

Edited by blonde375

5 hours ago, blonde375 said:

Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but is the Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW) accepted by Royal?  I cannot tell from the Royal FAQs and we have no Walgreens near us that do the Antigen testing.

It has to be the Binax Now Covid-19 Ag Card home test that is done with a proctor

5 hours ago, blonde375 said:

Yes. Did that test at a Walgreens drive up window 3 different times. Easy, results received in about an hour. Royal Caribbean accepted them with no problem.  Enjoy your cruise.🙂   

• Like 1

Thanks to this thread I am thinking of scheduling CVS rapid antigen test with home proctored test back up. 

My question is did your results have a lab number on it? I did this test a month ago to see if I had COVID and got a text with results. No “ clia  lab number” was listed. 

Also, do you need to register your middle name with CVS to match passport?

TIA!

16 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

Thanks to this thread I am thinking of scheduling CVS rapid antigen test with home proctored test back up. 

My question is did your results have a lab number on it? I did this test a month ago to see if I had COVID and got a text with results. No “ clia  lab number” was listed. 

TIA!

I have not used my middle name on any of the tests we have done for cruising and I don’t recall anyone comparing them with my passport.  Also, the staff at checkin did not appear to be looking for the CILA  lab number, there is no number listed on our results from emed.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

TIA!

I think I saw a different cruise line that required lab numbers. RCCL doesn’t.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, BazingAu said:

I think I saw a different cruise line that required lab numbers. RCCL doesn’t.

It's new on their website. 

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test – our testing requirements call this a “PCR test”
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test – our testing requirements call this an “antigen test"
  • The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth professional. Telehealth testing at home is only accepted for vaccinated guests, and only when it is conducted under live video supervision. Learn more about acceptable telehealth tests including our home test kit.
  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document. 

So I wasn't sure.  But if others have used CVS rapid antigen and it was fine, I won't worry.  And I won't worry about the middle name.  Saw that concern for those using NAVICA app / Abbott test with proctor.

Thanks all! 

38 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

It's new on their website. 

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test – our testing requirements call this a “PCR test”
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test – our testing requirements call this an “antigen test"
  • The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth professional. Telehealth testing at home is only accepted for vaccinated guests, and only when it is conducted under live video supervision. Learn more about acceptable telehealth tests including our home test kit.
  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document. 

So I wasn't sure.  But if others have used CVS rapid antigen and it was fine, I won't worry.  And I won't worry about the middle name.  Saw that concern for those using NAVICA app / Abbott test with proctor.

Thanks all! 

That lab number statement above has been there since I have been researching tests at CVS starting in November.

Edited by Lorey2007
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jamon said:

Maybe I missed something, but if doing a CVS antigen test, what answer do you give if it is for a travel and what are the other reasons listed.....thanks

Say yes to this, which is true. This will make it free and they don't need to know it's for travel. 

"Are you seeking a COVID-19 test because of high transmission rates and difficulty maintaining recommended social distancing?"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, msuspartabigten said:

Say yes to this, which is true. This will make it free and they don't need to know it's for travel. 

"Are you seeking a COVID-19 test because of high transmission rates and difficulty maintaining recommended social distancing?"

Yes, that is the one I selected and it let me through. 

There is another set of questions at CVS under the category of MEDICAL HISTORY which asks the following: Have you been asked or referred to get tested by a health care provider, which you have to give a yes or no answer. I guess would be no....correct??????