Majestic Princess Blocked Off COVID Cabins - E Deck (deck 8)

danir

1 hour ago, danir said:

Hello,

Does anyone know if E Deck (deck 😎 is where the blocked cabins are for COVID cases? If so, does anyone know if it is the whole deck or certain sections/cabin numbers and which ones?

Thank you

We were on E deck on cruise in Nov. Blocked off was Dolphin port side.

17 hours ago, san diego sue said:

We were on E deck on cruise in Nov. Blocked off was Dolphin port side.

on our cruise in January, the whole Dolphin was closed off.  but it may also be because, of the sparsity of the ship, they just didn't want anyone there.  I heard of people who originally booked there, that got 'upgraded' to a higher deck.

On 2/15/2022 at 3:40 AM, danir said:

Hello,

Does anyone know if E Deck (deck 😎 is where the blocked cabins are for COVID cases? If so, does anyone know if it is the whole deck or certain sections/cabin numbers and which ones?

Thank you

Best hidden value: E407-E429. Not obstructed looking out but will see outdoor open deck below. E425 had an expanded balcony due to curve. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Majestic-Princess&deck=8

16 minutes ago, rj59 said:

It's deck 9 now on Majestic. Keeping deck 8 open allows them to sell the obstructed balconies for a discount and have people angry because they get to stare at a lifeboat. 

Why do people get upset? Those discounted cabins are clearly marketed as obstructed balconies.

• Like 1

@sfaaaand @rj59Many are obstructed when looking out. Midships are obstructed when looking down but have an expanded balcony.  I guess it all depends on the definition of "obstructed." My personal room of choice is whichever is over the restaurant that closes at 9. E421 or E425 on 3 Royal Class ships

Edited by Ombud

• 2 months later...

I booked corner suite D726 on the Royal Princess Southbound for Alaska in May.

I received a cabin change from Princess, that put us in E729.

Tried and tried to get our reserved room back, but no way. 

we had a deluxe balcony booked on Dolphin, on the Sky last October. Princess upgraded us with out telling us to a Mini suite on Emerald. I only spotted it 3 days before we sailed. Loved the upgrade but would have liked to have been told.......

We went to see if anyone was in our original cabin but like others have said most of that deck was closed off.  

2 hours ago, H2oman said:

You got upgraded to a much larger room, although the deck is slightly narrower, FWIW.. deck 9 Dolphin is quarantine deck on Royal class ships..

5 hours ago, H2oman said:

Same for us exactly. I am really worried about the noise from the Vista Lounge late at night and the smaller balcony with very little overhang. Does anyone have any insight on those concerns?

4 hours ago, reedprincess said:

You got upgraded to a much larger room, although the deck is slightly narrower, FWIW.. deck 9 Dolphin is quarantine deck on Royal class ships..

Sorry folks on Dolphin, but I hope it stays that way so we aren't moved off Emerald to somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Julieee said:

Same for us exactly. I am really worried about the noise from the Vista Lounge late at night and the smaller balcony with very little overhang. Does anyone have any insight on those concerns?

There will be little noise from Vista, your cabin is over the backstage area,not the stage or lounge area - and there's little there past 11, maybe 12 at night...

IME - none of those aft corner suites in Royal class ships have a whole lot of overhang at all, given the tiered nature of the aft setup..shade is in relatively short supply overall... The balcony in Emerald is decent sized - wider than Caribe, that's for sure! Lol.

A walkthrough showing what to expect - it's a much more spacious cabin, I'd be sincerely stoked with that upgrade...

9 hours ago, H2oman said:

Both of those cabins are s3 which I’ m sure you already know. Did you have your reservation marked no upgrade/ no move,etc? Not an upgrade- your cabin move by Princess. Frustrating that they changed you.

22 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Both of those cabins are s3 which I’ m sure you already know. Did you have your reservation marked no upgrade/ no move,etc? Not an upgrade- your cabin move by Princess. Frustrating that they changed you.

Yes, ours was marked no upgrade. Due to isolation cabins being set aside on the Dolphin deck, health protocols trump no upgrade. 

15 minutes ago, Julieee said:

Yes, ours was marked no upgrade. Due to isolation cabins being set aside on the Dolphin deck, health protocols trump no upgrade. 

Of course health protocol. Wow a crew person or passenger possibly “gets” to isolate in a suite- in your original cabin on dolphin?  Sorry that happened to you.

Edited by arizonaperson

2 hours ago, reedprincess said:

There will be little noise from Vista, your cabin is over the backstage area,not the stage or lounge area - and there's little there past 11, maybe 12 at night...

IME - none of those aft corner suites in Royal class ships have a whole lot of overhang at all, given the tiered nature of the aft setup..shade is in relatively short supply overall... The balcony in Emerald is decent sized - wider than Caribe, that's for sure!

Thank you reedprincess, that is valuable information.