Restaurants choice.

fudge

Hi Everybody,

I need some advise where to eat on SS. Its been a few years since we last sailed with SS and obviously the restaurants have changed. 

We are on the Silver Spirit, our first time on this ship, we have booked a 7 day Venice to Venice cruise in June.

Are there any restaurants for our evening meal we "cannot afford to miss/must book?"  They all look very good, we dont mind paying if its worth it.

Any advise would be appreciated, we are not picky eaters we do have a good appetite. 

Avoid the burger at the Grill and you’ll be fine. Otherwise, we enjoy them all.

Depending on how full the ship is, with such a short cruise you may have trouble securing a dinner reservation at La Dame and Seishen if you don’t submit your request online when bookings open. Seishen is only available on the Silver Spirit too.

The fish burger at the pool deck grill is fine. 
Can’t speak to Stumble’s opinion of the burger as I don’t eat beef. 

I never pay extra to eat on the Spirit, I find all the non-fee eateries plenty for my needs.  Also I think La Dame and Seishin are poky dark little rooms.
My opinion, others differ. 

7 hours ago, fudge said:

Hi Everybody,

I need some advise where to eat on SS. Its been a few years since we last sailed with SS and obviously the restaurants have changed. 

We are on the Silver Spirit, our first time on this ship, we have booked a 7 day Venice to Venice cruise in June.

Are there any restaurants for our evening meal we "cannot afford to miss/must book?"  They all look very good, we dont mind paying if its worth it.

Any advise would be appreciated, we are not picky eaters we do have a good appetite. 

Fudge,

We cruised on Silver Spirit in November. It was our first time on board one of the "big" ships and dining is a different experience from the Cloud and Wind. It took us a little time to figure that out.

In my trip report I have a few food pictures from the different restaurants on board, as well as a summary (post #138) with a brief description of each restaurant.

Happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

Hi Fudge,

Look by the date in the timeline in MySilversea. If there is a little black bowtie, that is your formal night. On a 7-day Med voyage, however, formal night might be optional, in which case you won't know until you see the Chronicle. That said, in my experience, formal night is usually 2nd night onboard.

Others, please correct me if I'm mistaken.

1 hour ago, Unibok said:

Hi Fudge,

Look by the date in the timeline in MySilversea. If there is a little black bowtie, that is your formal night. On a 7-day Med voyage, however, formal night might be optional, in which case you won't know until you see the Chronicle. That said, in my experience, formal night is usually 2nd night onboard.

Others, please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I looked at the time line it does not appear at present, having said that we can only book 120 days out, at present we are 126 days out so it may well appear then?

18 hours ago, fudge said:

Hi Everybody,

You might find this video helpful. This was from the Muse, June 19. Seishin on the Spirit is quite different from Kaiseiki on the Muse but the venues and food otherwise are pretty much the same. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

The bowties never appeared for our most recent Spirit voyage.

Hi JP, the bowties never appeared on any of my sailings from 2021........none. There was a Chronicles in the suite upon arrival and it showed which nights were which. 

For my Spirit B2B next month, there are 2 bowties for the trans-Atlantic (11 days), and then

zero bowties for the next leg from Lisbon to Barcelona (9 days). That second leg is port-intensive, and I'm assuming that we will have an "optional formal" night on day 2. 

The formal nights for the trans-Atlantic are on the 2nd night (of course! I love predictability!), and our final night of the crossing before we reach land. 

The message I take from my calendar is that the lack of bowties on the 2nd leg is intentional, and not an indication that they just haven't posted them yet. Or, I could be mistaken 🙂

9 minutes ago, Unibok said:

For my Spirit B2B next month, there are 2 bowties for the trans-Atlantic (11 days), and then

zero bowties for the next leg from Lisbon to Barcelona (9 days). That second leg is port-intensive, and I'm assuming that we will have an "optional formal" night on day 2. 

The formal nights for the trans-Atlantic are on the 2nd night (of course! I love predictability!), and our final night of the crossing before we reach land. 

The message I take from my calendar is that the lack of bowties on the 2nd leg is intentional, and not an indication that they just haven't posted them yet. Or, I could be mistaken 🙂

For us, less bow ties the better………..just an opinion.

• Haha 2

We're on the Moon for 22 days -- B2B 10 and then 12 -- in May/June, and no bow ties show up on our timeline. Is it safe to not bring a suit for the man, but only a nice sport coat with slacks that coordinate (and a couple of ties, of course)? Or do we have to be prepared for a formal night that might not happen?

2 hours ago, Unibok said:

zero bowties for the next leg from Lisbon to Barcelona (9 days).

Good to see you back posting here again!  And, glad to see you you’re able to take the time to do ocean crossings now. I know finding time off for that long can be challenge.

As a touring go getter like JP, I look forward to reading what you think of that many days at sea when you’re finished.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RELS said:

We're on the Moon for 22 days -- B2B 10 and then 12 -- in May/June, and no bow ties show up on our timeline. Is it safe to not bring a suit for the man, but only a nice sport coat with slacks that coordinate (and a couple of ties, of course)? Or do we have to be prepared for a formal night that might not happen?

There’s bound to be “formal” nights.  I think there are usually 2 on a 10 day so perhaps there may be 4 total for you?  I think it would be so helpful to know in advance which nights are formal when one is booking restaurant reservations 120 days out.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

As a touring go getter like JP, I look forward to reading what you think of that many days at sea when you’re finished.

Hi Stumblefoot 🙂 

Well, I look forward to finding out what I think of that many days at sea as well! Neither my daughter nor my mother had any interest in accompanying me, but I am truly looking forward to it with curiosity and excitement. I'll be sure to report back here.

• Like 1