​🛳️​" LIVE" from Jewel - Feb 20-25, 2022 ​🛳️​

Lunch at Izumi today - included in my UDP. Very difficult to find the restaurant on this ship. It’s on deck 12 Aft. You need to go outside by the Arcade and keep walking to the back of the ship. There’s an indoor area as well as an outdoor area. They serve Edamame for starters followed by one starting plate, two main plates, and one dessert. I ordered the She’s a Geisha Cocktail, Crispy Rice Spicy Tuna, Rainbow Roll and Assorted Sashimi. Couldn’t finish it all and of course no room for dessert. Everything was delicious and well worth it the schlep and maze to find the place. 

8A256B44-96C1-422C-B323-C00232EDE553.jpeg

AC604CB0-E9CC-4B74-846C-EEBBAD5C7529.jpeg

79F16DC0-5FA4-4FAE-B4DF-15CEED747116.jpeg

4896F543-9B53-4E69-B076-A4B1920C68A6.jpeg

DF0EBA27-2CC7-4448-BCB8-90C5523A3ABE.jpeg

F83B2103-57AD-4EA3-8A00-2015D50FE1E3.jpeg

EAB45D1B-C929-4664-AF2B-7970EABD6B87.jpeg

C331CF4D-1AC3-40D7-B021-0EAFECC7E284.jpeg

405C3706-9C71-4436-9D08-67A39831AB51.jpeg

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Lunch at Izumi today - included in my UDP. Very difficult to find the restaurant on this ship. It’s on deck 12 Aft. You need to go outside by the Arcade and keep walking to the back of the ship. There’s an indoor area as well as an outdoor area. They serve Edamame for starters followed by one starting plate, two main plates, and one dessert. I ordered the She’s a Geisha Cocktail, Crispy Rice Spicy Tuna, Rainbow Roll and Assorted Sashimi. Couldn’t finish it all and of course no room for dessert. Everything was delicious and well worth it the schlep and maze to find the place. 

8A256B44-96C1-422C-B323-C00232EDE553.jpeg

AC604CB0-E9CC-4B74-846C-EEBBAD5C7529.jpeg

79F16DC0-5FA4-4FAE-B4DF-15CEED747116.jpeg

4896F543-9B53-4E69-B076-A4B1920C68A6.jpeg

DF0EBA27-2CC7-4448-BCB8-90C5523A3ABE.jpeg

F83B2103-57AD-4EA3-8A00-2015D50FE1E3.jpeg

EAB45D1B-C929-4664-AF2B-7970EABD6B87.jpeg

C331CF4D-1AC3-40D7-B021-0EAFECC7E284.jpeg

405C3706-9C71-4436-9D08-67A39831AB51.jpeg

Indeed a strange location for an upscale restaurant, but was a good location for the cafe that Izumi replaced.  The beloved "Sea View Cafe".   

Still a nicer set up once inside than (IMHO) Izumi on Odyssey.  Just weird they way they set that up.  Very exposed, walkers along that upper deck walk right through the restaurant.  Reminds me of a restaurant set up like would be in an airport. 😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Indeed a strange location for an upscale restaurant, but was a good location for the cafe that Izumi replaced.  The beloved "Sea View Cafe".   

Still a nicer set up once inside than (IMHO) Izumi on Odyssey.  Just weird they way they set that up.  Very exposed, walkers along that upper deck walk right through the restaurant.  Reminds me of a restaurant set up like would be in an airport. 😮 

Agree, during Day see Passengers laying out in Sun by the Entrance or eating WJ at Izumi outside Tables 

• Like 2

This is fabulous following along with you, we are on Jewel next week. Family of 5 and first time cruising with RCI.

We are going to one specialty dining, which one do you suggest? We are big sushi lovers, but enjoy all food. The heirloom salad looked delish!

Thank you again for sharing!

1 minute ago, Motor City said:

This is fabulous following along with you, we are on Jewel next week. Family of 5 and first time cruising with RCI.

We are going to one specialty dining, which one do you suggest? We are big sushi lovers, but enjoy all food. The heirloom salad looked delish!

Thank you again for sharing!

I recommend Chops (over Giovanni’s) for dinner and Izumi for lunch. That’s my preference but others have sailed this ship more than I have and can give you better advice. Whichever restaurant you pick, you won’t be disappointed.

TIP: for Chops and Giovanni’s you can order several appetizers and desserts for the same price. Also Chops will bring you anything from the MDR menu you’d like in addition to their menu, if you ask. 

55 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I recommend Chops (over Giovanni’s) for dinner and Izumi for lunch. That’s my preference but others have sailed this ship more than I have and can give you better advice. Whichever restaurant you pick, you won’t be disappointed.

TIP: for Chops and Giovanni’s you can order several appetizers and desserts for the same price. Also Chops will bring you anything from the MDR menu you’d like in addition to their menu, if you ask. 

Thanks for the tip! I did not know this...and my wife's favorite part of any dinner are the apps.

All of Giovanni's apps sound delicious. 

Any other RCI tips are very much appreciated!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Motor City said:

Thanks for the tip! I did not know this...and my wife's favorite part of any dinner are the apps.

All of Giovanni's apps sound delicious. 

Any other RCI tips are very much appreciated!

You’re welcome. Hopefully some experienced cruisers following this thread will chime in. In the meantime, this article gives a lot of useful information although not all of it applies to Jewel of the Seas.

https://www.cruisehive.com/50-royal-caribbean-cruise-tips-and-tricks/22710

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TedisCruising said:

Thanks for this line we will be on jewel on March 1 and looking forward to it. Please let us know how the main dining room is if you do it. Thanks Ted.

I haven’t been to the MDR on this cruise but another CC cruiser on this sailing, @SummerBeee has. When I see her I’ll ask her to respond. I haven’t heard any complaints so I think you’ll be fine, 

• Like 1

You have me yearning for my b2b on her in March!! Haven't been on a Radiance class since 2018 and miss it!

Is there anywhere for a very early morning coffee? As I recall, it is set up outside the WJ but not till about 6am?  

7 hours ago, melbur said:

You have me yearning for my b2b on her in March!! Haven't been on a Radiance class since 2018 and miss it!

Is there anywhere for a very early morning coffee? As I recall, it is set up outside the WJ but not till about 6am?  

6:30 is about the earliest either at WJ or Café Latte-tudes. You can preorder room service coffee and breakfast for free and it’s 24/7. 

@TedisCruising

I'm also on Jewel March 1 🙂

I've visited the MDR twice for dinner and once for lunch on this cruise. Anything specific you'd like to know?

I'm a solo cruise with 5:30 dinner, have been assigned an 8-top. So far only one couple have joined and they are 1st time cruisers. I blew their minds when I told them they could order multiples, lol

8 hours ago, JamesEM said:

Looking forward to your report, will be there 5/16/22, it has been over 2 years since I was there.

Try 2 Decades. Was there in 1988 on the then New Sovereign, 98 on the New Voyager and right after 9/11 on the New Explorer. Lot changes there since my last Visits but will be nice returning in April on Jewel having my Daughter and Grand Daughter with me...

• Like 1