DV6 Cabin Location

PGNOW

On 2/24/2023 at 1:07 PM, deec said:

3057 and 3055 are VERY noisy from Torshavn avoid if you go to bed before midnight or nap during day.

That is good to know. Our onboard consultant told us that wasn’t true but I honestly trust people more who have actually traveled in those staterooms. Thanks much. I think I’ll continue to stay on a higher deck. So far once on deck 6 and twice on 4.

All the comments about Meclizine are encouraging. I’ve had success with it but never tried in rough seas. Usually I need it in moderately choppy seas. Maybe it’s time to be a bit more adventurous in my cruise choices. 
Thanks again to all. 

We are booked in 3065(DV6) for our cruise in June on Viking Jupiter. The cruise is sold out!

I am just so happy to have a cruise to look forward to post COVID protocol and all the hoops I had to jump through for those cruises in 2021. 🎉

20 hours ago, tobique33040 said:

That is good to know. Our onboard consultant told us that wasn’t true but I honestly trust people more who have actually traveled in those staterooms. Thanks much. I think I’ll continue to stay on a higher deck. So far once on deck 6 and twice on 4.

All the comments about Meclizine are encouraging. I’ve had success with it but never tried in rough seas. Usually I need it in moderately choppy seas. Maybe it’s time to be a bit more adventurous in my cruise choices. 
Thanks again to all. 

We have stayed on Deck 3 again foreward and aft of the 3055/3057 and we enjoyed those rooms,  great location.  We have been on decks 4 and 5 too but 3 is so convenient! That onboard consultant needs to go to that cabin 3055/57 when the band is playing in Torshavn.  We were in 3055 for almost a month on our WC...eventually we were moved and those in 3057 as well.

Edited by deec
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 10/27/2023 at 12:33 PM, cadburysmom said:

I'm booked in cabin 3026 and just noticed it is over the restrooms by the theatre on Deck 2. 

Has anyone stayed in this cabin?  Wondering if there will be a noise issue...

we were close to that cabin-  we never heard any noise ever.  I love deck 3

• Thanks 1

Is there a science to picking a cabin?  I mean for our cruise, it was pretty much picked for us by the agent. We ended up with DV3 5107 near the rear.  It's supposed to be in the more quiet area with decent view.

We were a bit worried about sea sickness, but the agent said it shouldn't be a problem.

Was it a better idea to book somewhere in the middle as it seems to be the consensus here?

IMHO, stop second guessing your decision. There are only a handful truly unacceptable cabins and yours is not one of them.  

Go on the cruise and then based on your experience decide if you want to do something different the next time. Explore the ship.  See where the various cabins are.  Talk to people.  Then use everything you learn to pick a cabin for your next cabin.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

IMHO, stop second guessing your decision. There are only a handful truly unacceptable cabins and yours is not one of them.  

Go on the cruise and then based on your experience decide if you want to do something different the next time. Explore the ship.  See where the various cabins are.  Talk to people.  Then use everything you learn to pick a cabin for your next cabin.  

Thanks for the advice!

I've personally never been on an Ocean Cruise, while my mom was on one maybe 30 years ago.  She said she remember being sea sick throughout the whole thing, and that was what made us worried about being near the very rear.

But you are absolutely right.  We'll see if this one works out (or, at least, if the Bonine would keep it manageable 😛)

50 minutes ago, Reaniel said:

Thanks for the advice!

I've personally never been on an Ocean Cruise, while my mom was on one maybe 30 years ago.  She said she remember being sea sick throughout the whole thing, and that was what made us worried about being near the very rear.

But you are absolutely right.  We'll see if this one works out (or, at least, if the Bonine would keep it manageable 😛)

CC to the rescue.  Check out all of the threads on seasickness for tips on how to control it.  Everybody has something to say about it. But most of all, get an MD involved in the conversation.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Reaniel said:

Is there a science to picking a cabin?  I mean for our cruise, it was pretty much picked for us by the agent. We ended up with DV3 5107 near the rear.  It's supposed to be in the more quiet area with decent view.

We were a bit worried about sea sickness, but the agent said it shouldn't be a problem.

Was it a better idea to book somewhere in the middle as it seems to be the consensus here?

Try to remember that the agent is a salesperson - the old "only driven by a little old lady on Sunday" line applies here. Any ship motion will be more pronounced at either end and top/bottom. The closer you get to the "middle" of the ship the better if motion is an issue for you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, duquephart said:

Try to remember that the agent is a salesperson - the old "only driven by a little old lady on Sunday" line applies here. Any ship motion will be more pronounced at either end and top/bottom. The closer you get to the "middle" of the ship the better if motion is an issue for you.

We have had to ask to move cabins before because when we booked we were too far forward.  Fortunately for us the ship was not full as it was just post covid.  We were in rough seas and the motion in the front was too much for us.  As soon as we relocated to mid-ship we were fine.  

As the above statement suggests, I would even ask if the Viking agent has ever sailed on an Ocean ship?  I have had discussions with a few that have never been on a cruise ship before - Viking or otherwise.  

• Thanks 1

Last cruise we were in 8000, a PS1 cabin. As high and far forward as you can get on the ship. Why wouldn't the spendier cabins be in more stable areas? Going for 8004 next time - we really like the extra room, bigger shower, second TV, "free" laundry, etc.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, duquephart said:

Last cruise we were in 8000, a PS1 cabin. As high and far forward as you can get on the ship. Why wouldn't the spendier cabins be in more stable areas? Going for 8004 next time - we really like the extra room, bigger shower, second TV, "free" laundry, etc.

Agree, I have not understood the logic of Viking cabin layouts, the more expensive the cabin, the worse the location. It puts me off spending more! 

• 1 month later...

Thanks PGNOW for posting this topic. We just booked on Viking Saturn for Dec 24 found out our cabin is 3054. It appears to be right over Torshvan. Our agent says it is over the shops, but would like the opinion of those this forum before making any decision to move. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Mmehay said:

Thanks PGNOW for posting this topic. We just booked on Viking Saturn for Dec 24 found out our cabin is 3054. It appears to be right over Torshvan. Our agent says it is over the shops, but would like the opinion of those this forum before making any decision to move. Thanks!

I found this in a Google search—not good if you want to sleep!

• Like 1

We were in 3056 on Saturn this summer.  I could hear Torshvan if I listened without the TV on, or normal conversation.

What you will hear is the door to the laundry room.

However, being across the hall sure made it easy to do laundry!

• Like 1